Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round 22, 2017 - Western Bulldogs V Port Adelaide

As proud as i was of the guys last year i am almost equally dissapointed in how many of them have performed this year.
    I'll always be grateful for 2016..but this has been one of the most unenjoyable seasons I've watched. Even the games that we've won have not been great performances and our losses have been terrible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    We lost that game playing really stupid football . Story of our season.
    Look for the opposition talls every week, amazing how many times we get them exactly where they would want it , you would swear they lead and called it at times.
    Dixon/Ryder/westoff would have enjoyed today.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I want to know if the mid field coach and the forward coach actually talked to each other during the year.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Coaching panel for me as well.
    Given we changed everything after a premiership, we'll probably keep everything the same for next year.

Irate at how our club has handled this season from top to bottom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    As proud as i was of the guys last year i am almost equally disappointed in how many of them have performed this year.
    I'll always be grateful for 2016..but this has been one of the most unenjoyable seasons I've watched. Even the games that we've won have not been great performances and our losses have been terrible.
    I second this YHF, after last season I would never have dreamt of such a disappointing and half hearted effort.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Just not good enough, we need some mids and a ruckman
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Given we changed everything after a premiership, we'll probably keep everything the same for next year.

Irate at how our club has handled this season from top to bottom
    I'm with you...there was a wiff of arrogance in changing the coaches around for mine.
    But also, the attitude of the players for a lot of the year left a lot to be desired.
    Hunger needs to be found again, and we need to go back to what worked in the finals last year.

Murph and Boyd deserved a better, more committed year to go out on some high. The fact murph won't play a final after heartbreak last year is unforgiving.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    And some tall forwards and probably some key defence depth....
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    And some tall forwards and probably some key defence depth....
    Yes you are right
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm glad that year is over. I'm disappointed for the Club, the players and our supporters. For myself, I'm gutted. So much effort this year to paper over the cracks and, whilst it would have been good to play finals again, the harsh reality is that we have been way off for a long time.
    I'm going to take a breather and try to analyse the reasons for our demise. Right now I just feel numb.
    I won't knock the effort by the players though. We played one short and have been decimated by injury since we won the Flag. Come on 2018!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    And a tenacious small forward or two, and a mobile key position backman, and some polished outside run, and ...
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

At least my drive home will be a bit more scenic. Last game for the year for me. I'll miss Bobby's exit unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like

Massive disappointment for all of us , and it's hard list management wise determining a hangover or a player on the down .
    Changes will be made regardless

Post Thanks / Like

Well that is 2017 pretty much done and dusted unless other results miraculously go our way to keep us in but can't see it happen. A lot to review at the end of the season.

On the match today: Macrae was fantastic today 41 disposals. Bailey Dale another who will do well our club best and fairest this year looked great up in the forward line taking some clean marks and keeping goals. Caleb Daniel, JJ were ok and Libba did some good things that goal in the final term very good. Morris is a star and took some great marks down back - certainly not surprised to see him play on next year.

Very disappointing that we could not close it out when the game was in the balance in the final term to really get a lead which would make it harder for them. Let them back in. Was pretty close all day and really frustrating not to get that one with what was on the line for us.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

It's amazing how bad you look when you've had a half arsed pre season. Every small deficiency gets exposed and you never catch up. Great players turn into good players, good players turn into average players and so on. Everything that can go wrong has gone wrong.

We are all dissapointed and rightly so, but I've no doubt so will the players. We need a good old fashion long pre season.