Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round 22, 2017 - Western Bulldogs V Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    It's amazing how bad you look when you've had a half arsed pre season. Every small deficiency gets exposed and you never catch up. Great players turn into good players, good players turn into average players and so on. Everything that can go wrong has gone wrong.

We are all dissapointed and rightly so, but I've no doubt so will the players. We need a good old fashion long pre season.
    Was shorter last year obviously because we won the premiership but having a longer pre season could be the best thing to happen to us.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I still think our list is good, it's more getting the right game plan to suit it.
    Its also obvious that most of the players we thought would make us stronger got injured or had issues.
    Adams and Boyd leaving a huge gap.
    libber I can't pin the problem but what a drop.
    Our delivery into the forward line more than anything destroyed us.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Was shorter last year obviously because we won the premiership but having a longer pre season could be the best thing to happen to us.
    Finished later than usual too. Not having operations half way through October will be a big difference. But the biggest difference has to be attitude.

Post Thanks / Like

Almost a relief to be honest. Would have loved to sneak in but we simply aren't anywhere near the top echelon in 2017. Adelaide, Sydney and GWS all pantsed us so we really would have been making up the numbers.

I will forever appreciate what the club did in 2016, but truth be told we never got going in 2017. I am happy for the club to make whatever changes necessary to get back into contention mode. Premiership heroes or not, we need to look at all 44 players on the list and see who is a keeper and who is tradeable for the right price. It's a small list of keepers for mine.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Sedat, I'd be very interested to know...lever or kelly if we could have 1.
    Where are we most deficient?
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

JJ ran around by himself all day but I didn't see him cleanly take possession once. Fumble after fumble.

Such a frustrating year. What a waste.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    Finished later than usual too. Not having operations half way through October will be a big difference. But the biggest difference has to be attitude.
    Yes for sure.

Hopefully we get most our players on the park when pre season comes around. No taking it easy really knuckling down and preparing for next season as best as possible.

Attitude also. I think we kind of thought that it would just fall on our lap again in 2017 but what I have learned from this season is if you take a relaxed attitude and think it will happen again you need to think again and hopefully we learn from this and reset and come out strong and a hard team to beat in 2018.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Sedat, I'd be very interested to know...lever or kelly if we could have 1.
    Where are we most deficient?
    You could mount an argument for both being able to address urgent deficiencies. Kelly is probably the best two-way runner in the comp and has deadly disposal skills, is quick around the ground, can win his own ball inside and also link up outside, and is crazy brave to complete the package. Lever is a gun key defender who can zone off and also compete one-on-one.

We have pressing needs for both types.

Post Thanks / Like

duplicate post