Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 Things I've learned. Round 22, 2017 vs Port Power

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Agree with this call. These guys have reached their peak and the downhill process takes no prisoners. Picken had a decent game against Suns 2nd's. Both players are playing for frees which is a sign the game is going pass you.
    So true. When you start to rely on tricks and dodges for any other reason than to supplement your skills and talent then you have gotten too slow.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    So true. When you start to rely on tricks and dodges for any other reason than to supplement your skills and talent then you have gotten too slow.
    unfortunately it is only the elite who can go past 30 in today's game and consistently play good footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    1.we need to start planning a new foward line one without Dickson and stringer. It can be built around Redpath , bont , dunkley and Dale. Who are th young forwards we are developing?
    2. They over ran us , out muscled us in the midfield in the last quarter
    3. Some of our players had ordinary days today , not sure it's from. , injury or better opposition . The free in the last quarter Dickson gave away that resulted in a polecat pass to goal was terrible. JJ had the fumbles and Roughead got beaten by Ryder especially in mobility
    4. Why do we let players like Polec who are good uses of the ball room to run and carry
    5. Cloke had a good game and shows if he was not ironed out by thug Ziebel we would have a few more goals from him this year. Just has to take a few more contested marks
    You can't count
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    unfortunately it is only the elite who can go past 30 in today's game and consistently play good footy.

But on the obverse if they do go past 30 they all seem to go past their mid 30s to 36, 37 or 38 years old. It's like there is a hump in their mid 20s caused by injury or talent or ambition that if a player can get over then they tend to have really long careers.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

1/ Our lack of aerial threats across the ground is a concern.
    2/ Roughy put in the worst rucking performance of he's career in a game he would've pencilled in at the start of the season.. Barr a few soft free's he was completely owned.
    3/ Our use of the ball with the wind was largely laughable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    2/ Roughy put in the worst rucking performance of he's career in a game he would've pencilled in at the start of the season.. Barr a few soft free's he was completely owned.
    Being the local boy i was expecting big things from Roughy. Majorly disappointing.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    3/ Our use of the ball with the wind was largely laughable.
    I wasn't unhappy against the wind, but with the wind we once more just slammed the ball into the F50. At the ground, the wind wasn't a huge factor, but it did play a small role. We really should have been at least 4/5 goals ahead at 3/4 time with Port coming home strongly.

Throughout the year, our biggest issue has been our forward line being very congested and hard to score goals. Keeping the ball locked in the forward line means there are almost 36 players in the 50metre arc. The opposition F50 has been open which has allowed the opposition to score easier goals. The Essendon game was different as it was just a shoot out and their defensive pressure is minimal.

I feel sorry for our forwards as they are surrounded by players giving the forwards no space to lead out and delivery to someone is limited as again there is no space to hit someone.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Being the local boy i was expecting big things from Roughy. Majorly disappointing.
    True, but you've gotta give it up to Paddy Ryder. Him, Kreuzer and Gawn are all bringing the art of ruckwork back into valuable prominence.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    True, but you've gotta give it up to Paddy Ryder. Him, Kreuzer and Gawn are all bringing the art of ruckwork back into valuable prominence.
    Don't underestimate the importance of Tom Boyd in the ruck for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    I know it was very much a stoppage game but Rough was well down. I don't think he took a mark but he simply did not complete enough against Ryder.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"