Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where did it all go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    At the same time, this time last year we had just been belted by Freo AND personally I was trying to mentally prepare myself for what I thought was going to be a very miserable away final vs West Coast...at the conclusion of which I was going to have to catch a train ride home with 100000000 West Coast fans. We didn't come from nowhere but I don't think we were favoured in ANY of those finals we won.
    We werent favoured but West Coast was the only game I thought we wouldnt win. Lost to Freo by 20 points btw, not exactly belted. We were atrocious though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    At the same time, this time last year we had just been belted by Freo AND personally I was trying to mentally prepare myself for what I thought was going to be a very miserable away final vs West Coast...at the conclusion of which I was going to have to catch a train ride home with 100000000 West Coast fans. We didn't come from nowhere but I don't think we were favoured in ANY of those finals we won.
    I told my dyeing father we'd win the flag and to get GF tickets in July. It's not something I took lightly.
    I also backed us at 17.50 to win the flag first week of the finals and I never back us. We may have finished in a dangerous spot but we were always going to win those 4 games last year. We were easily the best team in the comp at the pointy end.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching footy flashbacks on sunday of our prelim against GWS. It's like night and day the intensity and pressure from that game (and all finals games) compared to our efforts this season

Post Thanks / Like

It all went wrong this year in the pre season. Boys not coming back in good shape and the coaches taking it a bit easier on them as they played their guts out to win. I think a combination of the two is why we didn't go so well this year. Our premiership win is not being respected for what it was. Four amazing efforts against all odds to win an historic premiership. I've said it before, no other team in my lifetime has generated so much love for the game and love for football from all walks of life. That run last year united the football world like never before. And our thanks from the AFL for doing this for the game was they shafted us in every way they could. Cheers guys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Watching footy flashbacks on sunday of our prelim against GWS. It's like night and day the intensity and pressure from that game (and all finals games) compared to our efforts this season
    Yeah it is not even close. We have played about 3 quarters in 22 games that matched that intensity this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon game we looked closest I thought.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Some thoughts from Nicky dal;

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/08/...missed-finals/

Not too many revelations or much I even disagreed with.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.