Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

If Geelong play GWS in the Prelim final this year will it be at the Cattery?

I'm kind of hoping for things to play out in such a manner that the AFL is forced to make a decision on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: If Geelong play GWS in the Prelim final this year will it be at the Cattery?

It'll be at the G. AFL won't have a prelim at the cattery. There'll be a fair crowd of neutrals, MCC members for their last game of the year and then of course the corporates and sponsors. MCG for sure in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: If Geelong play GWS in the Prelim final this year will it be at the Cattery?

Whichever is deemed more favourable to GWS.............
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

They will think of a BS reason to have it at Spotless.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It'll be at the G. AFL won't have a prelim at the cattery. There'll be a fair crowd of neutrals, MCC members for their last game of the year and then of course the corporates and sponsors. MCG for sure in my opinion.
    Based on that, last year it should have been at ANZ stadium to allow more people to have an opportunity to watch it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Based on that, last year it should have been at ANZ stadium to allow more people to have an opportunity to watch it.
    I don't think Spotless was actually filled last year!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I don't think Spotless was actually filled last year!
    It wasn't but what happens is people get scared off because they think they can't get tickets. On Friday there were reports Etihad was virtually sold out, yet the attendance was $48k plus.

For bigger stadiums, people think, differently - anyway that is my theory.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

True. But being Sydney, the interest just isn't as strong as it is in Melbourne.

Post Thanks / Like

True. But being Sydney, the interest just isn't as strong as it is in Melbourne.
    Maybe more would have flown up from Melbourne.

My point is the AFL have double standards and do things to suit themselves, not fans.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe more would have flown up from Melbourne.

My point is the AFL have double standards and do things to suit themselves, not fans.
    What was their rationale to have our 2015 final against adelaide at the G? For the fans? That's what their message was. I'm not so sure

Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't but what happens is people get scared off because they think they can't get tickets. On Friday there were reports Etihad was virtually sold out, yet the attendance was $48k plus.

For bigger stadiums, people think, differently - anyway that is my theory.

I tend to agree. The AFL went all out to put people off attending last year's prelim because they thought a smaller crowd would advantage GWS. Fortunately a lot of bulldog supporters refused to be put off and went anyway!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

What was their rationale to have our 2015 final against adelaide at the G? For the fans? That's what their message was. I'm not so sure
    Pretty sure the club wanted to play at the "G" - Bevo said we need to learn to play there. Also, more money for AFL if played at bigger ground. Geelong could have pushed playing Tigers down at Geelong.

Post Thanks / Like

They openly stated more fans would have the opportunity to attend the game, and they were right. They just apply that principle when it suits them.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure the club wanted to play at the "G" - Bevo said we need to learn to play there. Also, more money for AFL if played at bigger ground. Geelong could have pushed playing Tigers down at Geelong.
    For what purpose?

They'd never get it across the line and it would act as a distraction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    For what purpose?

They'd never get it across the line and it would act as a distraction.
    I am just pointing out like you, the AFL make up the rules as they go along. Other clubs can have home finals so why can't Geelong push for one? Purpose = home ground advantage, but yes would be stupid to ignore playing at the G in front of a massive crowd.