Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If Geelong play GWS in the Prelim final this year will it be at the Cattery?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Maybe more would have flown up from Melbourne.

My point is the AFL have double standards and do things to suit themselves, not fans.
    Also why i started this thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: If Geelong play GWS in the Prelim final this year will it be at the Cattery?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am just pointing out like you, the AFL make up the rules as they go along. Other clubs can have home finals so why can't Geelong push for one? Purpose = home ground advantage, but yes would be stupid to ignore playing at the G in front of a massive crowd.
    For the Richmond game that was no chance as will easily get 70k. Im not so sure they will get a big crowd vs GWS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    For the Richmond game that was no chance as will easily get 70k. Im not so sure they will get a big crowd vs GWS.
    Could get 50k for prelim, lot of neutrals will go
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Preliminary Final weekend is the people's Grand Final weekend, as so few can get tickets the week after unless they are on a first name basis with Gil, Kerry or Rupert (or prepared to sell their house for a scalped ticket).

The winner of the Geelong v Richmond "Feline Distemper Cup" will host a prelim at the MCG, while the winner of the Adelaide v GWS "Fat Rat's Clacker Cup" will host a prelim at either Adelaide Oval or Spotless (unless the Swans play the Giants, then it could be moved at the cow paddock next door).
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: If Geelong play GWS in the Prelim final this year will it be at the Cattery?

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Preliminary Final weekend is the people's Grand Final weekend, as so few can get tickets the week after unless they are on a first name basis with Gil, Kerry or Rupert (or prepared to sell their house for a scalped ticket).

The winner of the Geelong v Richmond "Feline Distemper Cup" will host a prelim at the MCG, while the winner of the Adelaide v GWS "Fat Rat's Clacker Cup" will host a prelim at either Adelaide Oval or Spotless (unless the Swans play the Giants, then it could be moved at the cow paddock next door).
    Beautiful use of the language.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Better footy for sure on prelim weekend in most cases.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I tend to agree. The AFL went all out to put people off attending last year's prelim because they thought a smaller crowd would advantage GWS. Fortunately a lot of bulldog supporters refused to be put off and went anyway!
    A contrary view.

ANZ/Homebush is a shit of a ground, where neither the Giants nor the swans play anymore.

It was the Giants' PF and therefore should be at their ground, which is a ripper ground to watch footy.

But of course, 2 things were unexpected - almost half the crowd were Doggies fans, and we won.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    A contrary view.

ANZ/Homebush is a shit of a ground, where neither the Giants nor the swans play anymore.

It was the Giants' PF and therefore should be at their ground, which is a ripper ground to watch footy.

But of course, 2 things were unexpected - almost half the crowd were Doggies fans, and we won.
    In the end it turned out to be a red letter day in our history. They ended up doing us a favour.

I often wonder what the blokes who founded the club back in 1887 or 1883 or 1878 or whenever would have thought of the fact that we travelled to WA and NSW in a four week period to win a flag. I wonder if they experimented with different ways of doing the annual up to Ballarat in the VFA days?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Interestingly, the SCG is probably the ground where AFL preliminary finals should be played - even if it's an all Sydney affair - if you listen to Sydney Swans management. That was their hubris infused take on things a couple of months ago, they may have softened that stance from recent reports.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    A contrary view.

Oh, much more than half, surely? I think we made up two thirds of the crowd.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic