Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  149
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 2017 AFL Finals

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 AFL Finals

Poor Chris Scott. His team has shit itself on pre-lim night really badly two years in a row. His finals record outside of his first year (in which an untrained monkey would've won) must be horrific.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Watching Geelong get found out two years in a row at the final hurdle is a joyous thing to watch

Post Thanks / Like

Rory Atkins just fended off Tom Hawkins as though he was a schoolboy. Comical.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Poor Chris Scott. His team has shit itself on pre-lim night really badly two years in a row. His finals record outside of his first year (in which an untrained monkey would've won) must be horrific.
    Wouldn't be to horrific , if your playing in pre Lims your at least drawing even on finals wins.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Wouldn't be to horrific , if your playing in pre Lims your at least drawing even on finals wins.
    I'm not too sure, I think it's 3 wins / 6 losses. But two horrific prelims. We know horrific prelims. These are top shelf horrific.

Their defence has already given up 30 shots at goal. The big good ones are retiring, except Henderson. Defence is a problem, but hey keep trading on the never, never and wait for it to catch up. I think it might be about to catch up.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

136 points with 5 minutes to go.

This is shameful territory now. Should make them even more desperate for Stringer. Time to trade properly or you don't get him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    No you aren't. Geelong are 1 win, 2 losses this year.

Geelong are 3-8 since the premiership in finals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Motlop has been very good tonight
    Agreed. In their best 4 players on the night. Has had a couple of strong finals in the last 2 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Adelaide were super . Like others, wouldn't mind them winning it . The story after Phil Walsh's death has been extraordinary, and they've been pillaged by other teams . That recruiting has been brilliant .
    Is Geelong's continual topping up working ? They seem to fall short on young talent when the whips are cracking .I personally think they need to draft in some talent .

Post Thanks / Like

If GWS win tomorrow, the GF will be lucky to attract 70,000.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If GWS win tomorrow, the GF will be lucky to attract 70,000.
    As much as I'd like to believe that given my hatred of GWS, its not even close to being a true outcome.
    There will be 95,0000 plus irrespective of who plays.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    To be fair, the Cats went into this game without their spearhead Hawkins and Selwood on one leg.

If Hawkins had played and Selwood was fit, it would have been closer.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Adelaide were super . Like others, wouldn't mind them winning it . The story after Phil Walsh's death has been extraordinary, and they've been pillaged by other teams . That recruiting has been brilliant .
    Is Geelong's continual topping up working ? They seem to fall short on young talent when the whips are cracking .I personally think they need to draft in some talent .
    Stringer could go there and wither on the vine with the rest of their ageing list.. Or, pull the finger out and be a contributor with a dynasty at the kennel... Time will tell, I guess.

Geelong are in for a tough decade. Their game plan falls short in finals and their list has little to no improvement in it. It'll be a slow, gradual decline for them. I'm not trying to be unkind, it's just the reality of it.

I'd rather be a Melbourne fan than a Geelong fan over the next decade. and that's saying something!

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful night.

Now for GWS to be belted.

Post Thanks / Like

Has there ever been a top 4 team with so many plonkers?

Geelol are in for a world of pain from 2019 onwards.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"