Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  149
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 2017 AFL Finals

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 AFL Finals

I have a good mate (Swans fan though) who is also an excellent chiropractor.

He is not privy to the exact nature of Selwood's ankle injury, but his view is that the Cats playing him when they shouldn't have in the last 2 games will really affect his healing and therefore season 2018.

What a pity if he is right...
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Beautiful night.

Now for GWS to be belted.
    How can you think that will happen?

GWS have a great PF record against high pressure tackling teams.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    To be fair, the Cats went into this game without their spearhead Hawkins and Selwood on one leg.

If Hawkins had played and Selwood was fit, it would have been closer.

Hawkins hasn't exactly been John Coleman the last couple of years. Maybe a fit Selwood may have allowed Dangerwood to be a little more damaging but I couldn't see it being that much closer. You could say that because the umpires had been so one sided that Geelong were a lot closer than they should have been.

I have a good mate (Swans fan though) who is also an excellent chiropractor.

He is not privy to the exact nature of Selwood's ankle injury, but his view is that the Cats playing him when they shouldn't have in the last 2 games will really affect his healing and therefore season 2018.

What a pity if he is right...
    Yeah, he looked like he would be missing a fair chunk of preseason already.

How can you think that will happen?

GWS have a great PF record against high pressure tackling teams.
    Yep. They thrive on the physical contact.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

What was fun last night was either someone told Ling to modulate his voice and not shout or he was sulking and only really commented when he absolutely had to and lwasnt as stimulated as he was last during last week's game. I hope it was both.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and Chis Scott. He carried on like he was leading the cheer squad last week. He'd crawled into an upright fetal position by ten minutes into the second quarter.

6. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    To think Charlie Cameron and Jake Lever may be on the move. Great if they do, to weaken one opponent of ours next year.

Geelong look to be in a world of pain next year. Mackie & Lonergan gone. Taylor & Hawkin's may as well be. Clubs shouldn't gift them players be it GAJ, Stringer or others. They should have to face their list decisions.
    They get to paper over the cracks by playing at the sub-standard home ground of theirs. And the AFL exacerbates the issue by fixturing top 8 opponents there, so they're able to squeak out wins against good sides and then get easy kills against crap sides at Etihad. It inflates their ladder position as we saw this year - finished top 2 and got destroyed by 10 goals twice in the finals.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Likes The bulldog tragician, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We reached peak Selwood last night. He now instinctively lowers the body and leans into opposition the moment he gets the ball even when he is on his own.

Bloke is a blight on the game and has single-handedly created this epidemic. That will be front and centre in his legacy when he finishes up.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    We reached peak Selwood last night. He now instinctively lowers the body and leans into opposition the moment he gets the ball even when he is on his own.

Bloke is a blight on the game and has single-handedly created this epidemic. That will be front and centre in his legacy when he finishes up.
    Yep, McLean gets crucified by footy fans but his playing style is chalk and cheese to Selwood. It's as if Selwood's only goal is to get hit high whenever any opponent is within his vicinity. His brother does it too. Imagine umpiring one of their backyard kick to kick sessions.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

To be fair, the AFEL brought in the dropping knees rule to stop everyone in the league from doing it. Except Joel Selwood. By and large, the umpires have interpreted that well.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone mention to Rohan Connolly that the extra bye don't mean shit if you're good enough to win.

14. Likes aker39 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If GWS win tomorrow, the GF will be lucky to attract 70,000.
    Unfortunately, it's a bit like the spring races . Heaps of people there for the event . They'll pull in anyone with an inkling to any Western Sydney region .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Can someone mention to Rohan Connolly that the extra bye don't mean shit if you're good enough to win.
    While the best side generally wins and having time to freshen up after a long season (and pre-season) will always be beneficial, I do wonder if the week off will hurt the Tiges - they're running on momentum like we were last year and GWS have been waiting for this moment for 12 months.

I'm not overly fussed with who wins today (suspect the Cows will beat whoever is put in front of them next week) but GWS are my tip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Unfortunately, it's a bit like the spring races . Heaps of people there for the event . They'll pull in anyone with an inkling to any Western Sydney region .

Yep. The AFeL will fly half of the population of Western Sydney down here and give them free tickets if it has to. There's no way they will be embarrassed by empty seats or a lack of support for their team at a grand final.

I think Richmond will win anyway, 90 000 ferals will see to that. GWS have never played in front of a crowd like that (to be fair nobody has) you will be able to cut the obnoxious with a knife. It's going to be a very hostile environment and GWS don't like hostile environments.

Post Thanks / Like

I see a lot of similarities with us and Richmond , it's all built on belief and they are a very close knit side.
    Wouldn't it haunt GWS if they lost the preliminary to a side that wasn't regarded a premiership side two years in a row, even if the tigers don't go on and win the grand final.
    Was listening on radio the other week how old GWS actually are and they could easily fall away in the next few years.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Average winning margin of 48.7points over the seven finals so far. Terrible finals series. Just hope today gives us a good game of footy.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"