Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  149
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 AFL Finals

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 AFL Finals

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Tasmanians must be sitting back and rubbing their hands together watching empty stadiums and, in particular, GC continually failing.
    As a Tasmanian, absolutely. If only GWS started to crumble like GC....and in time they may do that.
    I'll look fwd to the time when they are fielding the same number of first round draft picks as the rest of the Comp, and their top players poached by other clubs to play infront of more than 10,000 on avge.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The AFL can afford to indulge themselves in GWS right up until it breaks the competition. And if it doesn't don't rein it in and close it down or relocate them the club will destroy the competition. I'm looking forward to it happening. That's when we get our sport back.
    They're just as likely to give them more priority picks if they don't deliver on the outlandish advantages they've already been given.

For some reason I have the horrible feeling they might beat Richmond. A similar scenario to 97 for us of a success - starved team who had a big first up finals win and then a bit too much time to think about it. I recall Tim Lane after we smashed the Swans saying a team like us needed to keep playing, to keep building on the momentum, and we would be hurt by the week off. Who knows if it was a factor - we've all agonised endlessly on how we let that one slip. But I don't think the Acronyms are going to be just easy pickings on the way to a Tigers grand final appearance.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

3. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The best case scenario I can see is that GWS are up by 100 points at half time and then lose to Richmond by a point.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

As long as Richmond don't win the Grand Final I will be happy. I can't stand that Club. Could you imagine being in Melbourne if they do. No thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    What's even more nauseating about a Giants win is you've now got to rely on freaking Richmond, RICHMOND, to do something about it.

FMD.
    I like Richmond.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    As long as Richmond don't win the Grand Final I will be happy. I can't stand that Club. Could you imagine being in Melbourne if they do. No thank you.
    Would you prefer Adelaide or Geelong - no thanks. At least with Richmond they haven't had success for 37 years compared to Crows and Cats. Best of a bad bunch

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I like Richmond.
    me too
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Would you prefer Adelaide or Geelong - no thanks. At least with Richmond they haven't had success for 37 years compared to Crows and Cats. Best of a bad bunch

me too
    We agree to differ. Anyone else bar Richmond for me.

Post Thanks / Like

No, it has to be Richmond for me. Geelong have caused us so much pain for so long. Adelaide - I surely don't have to explain - and the plastic, synthetic love child of the AEFL? Puleeeze! I want the Tigers to blow them away early and keep the foot down. I want Geelong to beat Adelaide in a brutal last- man -standing smash out and then I want a pulsating GF with the Tigers coming from way back to snatch a win deeply in time on after Selwood, trying one of his shoulder shrugs, is pinged for holding the ball and Trent Cotchin steers through the winner from an acute angle.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I would be absolutely devastated if the Plastic Franchise win it. I hate Richmond, they can go another 37 years for all I care. Had an uncle that played for South Melbourne, so I was happy for the Swans, but that's done now. Adelaide or Geelong for me. At least if Adelaide win, all the ferals would be there and I'd be able to avoid them.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Had a good time in Adelaidefor tye footy earlier in the year (apart from the result obviously) so I'm on the Crows bandwagon. And like Andrew says if they win all the ferals will go home to Adelaide and not bother us.

If GWS win is it the same as that whole "if a tree falls in a Forrest and none is there does it make a noise?" conundrum? I mean if a team wins a premiership and nobody gives a flying *!*!*!*! did it really happen?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Crows or Cat's for me as well.
    Richmond fans are already feral about making the finals, it will be unbearable listening to them if they won a flag.
    I remember when younger the Richmond fans being ever bit as feral as Essendon, Collingwood and Carlton supporters.
    They still somehow regard themselves as a powerhouse club but have achieved so little in decades
    However one of my best mates who attended many Doggies games with me at the Whitten Oval over the years is very ill, he supports the Tigers and was so happy for us last year I could manage to grin and bear it for his sake.

Plastics are my most hated team now and they deserve Jack #$*.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

It's all unfathomably bad.

GWS? Never!!
    Geelong? Insufferable. Enough.
    Richmond? Get stuffed.
    Adelaide? I just can't even.

Throw in the double-decker shite sandwich that is offseason 2017 thus far and you can frankly just drop a bomb on the whole lot.

Footy sucks.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

14. Likes Mantis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Crows or Cat's for me as well.
    Richmond fans are already feral about making the finals, it will be unbearable listening to them if they won a flag.
    I remember when younger the Richmond fans being ever bit as feral as Essendon, Collingwood and Carlton supporters.
    They still somehow regard themselves as a powerhouse club but have achieved so little in decades
    However one of my best mates who attended many Doggies games with me at the Whitten Oval over the years is very ill, he supports the Tigers and was so happy for us last year I could manage to grin and bear it for his sake.

Plastics are my most hated team now and they deserve Jack #$*.
    I remember 1973-74 and I was at the ground in '80 and '82 so I vividly remember the typically smug, arrogant and overbearing Richmond supporter back then (my theory is all their kids grew up and followed Essendon). I wouldn't mind them winning although it's hard to say out loud.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly the only twsm fighting for a premiership that I give yeo shits about is the Borough. Would love to see them smash Richmond on Sunday

17. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Honestly the only twsm fighting for a premiership that I give yeo shits about is the Borough. Would love to see them smash Richmond on Sunday
    That was a great win, especially after Willi had a such a good season.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes N/A liked this post