Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  149
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 AFL Finals

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 AFL Finals

Free kick everyday of the week, t was a very sloppy tackle.
    It was Ports Bulldogesque third quarter that cost them, they dominated and had no impact on the scoreboard.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Was a good tackle for mine but he did the old Selwood/McLean trick. I'd be pretty pissed if i was a Port fan to go out like that.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    With 14.09 to go in the Elimination Final between Port and West Coast Richo just chimed in with "this feels more like an Elimination Final."

On ya Richo!
    I'll play devil's advocate here:

He may have been speaking in comparison to the abysmal contest up in Sydney.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking back this morning I still don't know how Eric Mackenzie didn't concede a behind at the death.

That was an astounding piece of defence.

5. Likes ratsmac, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Looking back this morning I still don't know how Eric Mackenzie didn't concede a behind at the death.

That was an astounding piece of defence.
    Absolutely brilliant piece of defence, such quick thinking to not concede a point.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

I just watched the free kick for the first time.

That's a free every day of the week. At no point does he drop his knees. It was a terrible tackle and the right decision was made.
    He did lift his arm though to force the tackle high. i guess it is a free kick but Shuey contributed to it.

Funny that after what has been such a good season we have seen such a terrible first week of finals games. The only close one was of a very poor standard and it was like soccer in that the clearly better team on the night lost the game!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Port can hardly complain about the umpiring - they had the rub of the green all night, apart from a free kick against Ryder when umpire 11 turn his back on Port's AA ruckman and then claimed Paddy hadn't nominated. This nominating BS has to go - makes the game a farce.

Port had plenty of chances to ice the game - especially Chokin' Charlie.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Was hoping port was going to win as they would've smashed gws. They wasted sooooo many chances . I hate the ducking into the tackle head high free kick rule. The reply shows shuey turn his head ducked into the tackle, but in real time it was a free kick any day of the week

Nontheless fantastic game to watch 2 teams bungle , fumble and stumble their final chances, really did not care who won either way. The eagles would be exhausted.

Dean cox must be a good ruck coach as how the hell did he manage to turn Vardy and Petrie into decent rucks. They smashed Ryder tonight.

The eagles midfield will be tested next year no priddis(played well tongiht especially with his set shot) or mitchell

Interesting Shuey mentioned in interview set shot goal kicking is something they practice a lot

Post Thanks / Like

Was hoping port was going to win as they would've smashed gws. They wasted sooooo many chances having 26 scoring shots to 18 for the Eagles.. I hate the ducking into the tackle head high free kick rule. The replay shows shuey turn his head ducked into the tackle, but in real time it was a free kick any day of the week

Nontheless fantastic game to watch 2 teams bungle , fumble and stumble their final chances, really did not care who won either way. The eagles would be exhausted.

Dean cox must be a good ruck coach as how the hell did he manage to turn Vardy and Petrie into decent rucks. They smashed Ryder tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I thought he was. As in "wow finally we have a game that feels like a final at all" but more so an elimination one as opposed to the witches hats vs Sydney

Post Thanks / Like

Drops the knees . AFL at the start of the year indicated this is play on.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a dumb rule. Either you tackle below the neck or you don't.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

14. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    It's a dumb rule. Either you tackle below the neck or you don't.
    I remember Tony LIberatore explaining his tackling method, and he said he watched the hips. Too many tacklers do tackle incorrectly.

However, the AFL has once more made a ruling then changing the interpretation. Today they came out and said the decision was correct. Yet at the start of the year it was to be play on.

Is ducking a free kick?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I don't see it as he is bending his knees he is just running and the player has got him around the neck and has pulled him back that's why his leg is bent.
    Free kick as I see it .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Yeah I thought he was. As in "wow finally we have a game that feels like a final at all" but more so an elimination one as opposed to the witches hats vs Sydney
    Yep. Thinking it through I can see what you mean. You guys might be right.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.