Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  149
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 AFL Finals

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 AFL Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    They'll be more pressure next week . Giants will be playing in front of a crowd they usually get at Spotless for a season .
    Bit of a bonus Mummy going out , and west coast looked cooked . Going to be interesting from a list management perspective what west Coast do .
    West Coast are stuffed for a few years I reckon. But the interstate teams are never down too long... (apart from Brisbane)

I think the pre-lim at the MCG works well for GWS. They'll be nervous but lets face it, as hard as it'll be to play in front of 90k people who hate you, it's probably harder to play in front of 90k people who are desperate for you to win. I think it just amplifies the interstate match elements. IE: Get in front early and the fans are quiet and somewhat sooky. Let them kick the first few goals and you're in trouble.

I hope GWS get smashed. As individuals I have nothing against them. As a club they don't deserve a flag as they haven't had the same restrictions put on them that other teams have. You can't watch a GWS game without the commentators creaming over the list of high draft picks are in the team, and that pays no reference to the fact that they've traded away 12 first round picks since they joined. 12! They've been around for 5 years and have had 29 first round picks. We've had 6 in that time. Even the Gold Coast have only had 14. Seriously, when you think about it, this doesn't make sense and at the same time it makes sense. AFL is a business and the big $ are in Sydney. They need this team to get more than 11k people to a semi final at home. I hope the expansion succeeds but I also hope they choke in the pre-lim... cause I hate Ward and Davis. Idiot captains.

Anyway, read this:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...07b64d7bde8e27

Post Thanks / Like

For the neutral this must be the worst final series in a very long time. Thank god for the Port v WC games and hopefully we see some decent Prelims and a close GF.

Attachment 880

3. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    West Coast are stuffed for a few years I reckon. But the interstate teams are never down too long... (apart from Brisbane)

I think the pre-lim at the MCG works well for GWS. They'll be nervous but lets face it, as hard as it'll be to play in front of 90k people who hate you, it's probably harder to play in front of 90k people who are desperate for you to win. I think it just amplifies the interstate match elements. IE: Get in front early and the fans are quiet and somewhat sooky. Let them kick the first few goals and you're in trouble.

I hope GWS get smashed. As individuals I have nothing against them. As a club they don't deserve a flag as they haven't had the same restrictions put on them that other teams have. You can't watch a GWS game without the commentators creaming over the list of high draft picks are in the team, and that pays no reference to the fact that they've traded away 12 first round picks since they joined. 12! They've been around for 5 years and have had 29 first round picks. We've had 6 in that time. Even the Gold Coast have only had 14. Seriously, when you think about it, this doesn't make sense and at the same time it makes sense. AFL is a business and the big $ are in Sydney. They need this team to get more than 11k people to a semi final at home. I hope the expansion succeeds but I also hope they choke in the pre-lim... cause I hate Ward and Davis. Idiot captains.

Anyway, read this:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...07b64d7bde8e27
    i

its behind a paywall.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    i

its behind a paywall.
    Search Google for

who-has-your-club-drafted-with-its-first-round-picks-since-greater-western-sydney-joined-the-afl

6. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Search Google for

who-has-your-club-drafted-with-its-first-round-picks-since-greater-western-sydney-joined-the-afl
    Cheers. What a farce.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    For the neutral this must be the worst final series in a very long time. Thank god for the Port v WC games and hopefully we see some decent Prelims and a close GF.

Attachment 880

Couldn't agree more, has been a shit house series so far. Even the Port v WCE was horrendous (skill level wise), the extra time saved it but it was still one of the worst quality close games I've ever watched.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Couldn't agree more, has been a shit house series so far. Even the Port v WCE was horrendous (skill level wise), the extra time saved it but it was still one of the worst quality close games I've ever watched.
    The only game I enjoyed so far was watching Geelong get smashed by Richmond.

The top four teams are through, but I fear GWS will go to the GF. Who wins will be a tough one.

If both Richmond and Adelaide lose, the AFL will drop the bye in the week before finals.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

14k at Seatless Stadium last night. Smallest finals game crowd since WW1.

What a triumph for the AFL the Giants are...

11. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    14k at Seatless Stadium last night. Smallest finals game crowd since WW1.

What a triumph for the AFL the Giants are...
    The AFL can afford to indulge themselves in GWS right up until it breaks the competition. And if it doesn't don't rein it in and close it down or relocate them the club will destroy the competition. I'm looking forward to it happening. That's when we get our sport back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The AFL can afford to indulge themselves in GWS right up until it breaks the competition. And if it doesn't don't rein it in and close it down or relocate them the club will destroy the competition. I'm looking forward to it happening. That's when we get our sport back.
    Tasmanians must be sitting back and rubbing their hands together watching empty stadiums and, in particular, GC continually failing.

Post Thanks / Like

Media reports saying McGovern has injured his hammy !Big out for the ravens

Post Thanks / Like

Mitch McGovern?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Mitch McGovern?
    Yes.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Karma bus?

Post Thanks / Like

i hope Richmond and Adelaide make the GF to shut up all The media about two weeks off is no good .
    First year into it and they had the best final series ever ( they all still crow about it).
    They based their arguement over one year , makes me sick how they turn a 180 just because someone realised that neither top two made it last year.
    One year , no other years we have had two byes and they pull out some crap story to try and put down the greatest premiership run in AFL history.
    Well this year every final bar one has been a hiding, no doubt they will find a reason to blame some freaky thing about two byes again.
    Bring back the biff

19. Likes bornadog, Twodogs liked this post