Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  149
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 2017 AFL Finals

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 AFL Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    In his defence it usually works so why wouldn't you.

Between him and Selwood I feel like I'm spending an evening at the theatre.
    The fact it does work makes it worse

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    It was as blatant as you could get.

This is going to sound weird, but time has allowed me to forgive Adelaide.

At the end of the day, they beat us in two games of footy. They wanted a premiership and we were in their way. And both defeats were as much our making as theirs.

It's not like they poached our best young player, or recruited our under contract captain, or marketed themselves as a 'lost dogs' home', or carried themselves with a misplaced arrogance with nothing to show for it.

I hope Richmond absolutely flog that insult to the word 'club'.
    Yeah 97 and 98 were expunged at siren time of last year's GF. I can look back without anger at them.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    After feeling winning a premiership, my Adelaide hate has faded away. The plastics and Geelong firmly at the top.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    After feeling winning a premiership, my Adelaide hate has faded away. The plastics and Geelong firmly at the top.
    I can't believe I'm saying this, given how much pain Adelaide caused me on the back of 97 & 98..but I'm more than OK with them winning this year. I really am quite amazed that I can actually type that and not be shaking uncontrollably by now.

I also find it very odd that I can find myself in a situation where I am hoping Richmond can win through to the GF. Some of my harshest childhood memories come courtesy of the hubris of Tiger supporters, especially that period coinciding with our Royce Hart era.
    It's the prospect of a Geelong v GWS grand final match-up that is behind this I suspect. I shudder at the mere thought of that outcome.

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard not to like Cameron's game.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Love watching Geelong get smashed

7. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok Cross over .. How good are the storm !! :-)
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Funny the commentators don't seem to know the player Motlop is.... "A great run and carry, horrible kick...."

That should be on his business cards:

Steven W. Motlop
    Great Run & Carry - Horrible Kick
    Phone: 1300 CENTRELINK
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I love that Geelong keep getting half a sniff they're still in this only for the Crows to snuff it straight out again.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Hard not to like Cameron's game.
    He's a cracker. Him and Betts together in the forward line is such a dangerous pairing.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Motlop has been very good tonight

Post Thanks / Like

I love the fight in this game. The umpires won't let Geelong lose without a fight.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Reckon if the Dogs got the umpiring that the Handbaggers get every week we'd have 60+ premierships.

Absolutely embarrassingly biased display - Crows would be 100 points up with neutral umpires.
    Footscray member since 1980.

15. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Reckon if the Dogs got the umpiring that the Handbaggers get every week we'd have 60+ premierships.

Absolutely embarrassingly biased display - Crows would be 100 points up with neutral umpires.
    And it's in Adelaide. When has this happened to an Adelaide crowd (interstate parochial loud), in a huge game? Geelong seem to get a golden run of things paid and not paid in significant proportion.

Post Thanks / Like

To think Charlie Cameron and Jake Lever may be on the move. Great if they do, to weaken one opponent of ours next year.

Geelong look to be in a world of pain next year. Mackie & Lonergan gone. Taylor & Hawkin's may as well be. Clubs shouldn't gift them players be it GAJ, Stringer or others. They should have to face their list decisions.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, read various posts and I think i've let the ghosts of '97 and '98 go too. Just don't ask me to watch any replays. Hope the Tiggers crush the orange plastics tomorrow....