Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  149
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 AFL Finals

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 AFL Finals

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Patton thinks he is Wayne Carey but he is barely Kingsley Hunter
    Quite enjoying the reflexive sook every time a contest doesn't go his way.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Pity he had the eyebrow that looked like it was shaved during a bucks party prank but never grew back
    How do you think we were able to get him? Big guys with good hair and two good eyes brows just don't get traded by clubs everyday. I can only really of Tom Boyd.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've disliked the Crows for a long time but have they accumulated one impressive list. Losing Dangerfield, and like us, picked off with the expansion teams, losing their Coach in such tragic circumstances, there would be few in the eight more deserving of the flag. Note: That was a lot harder to say than I thought.

5. Likes The Doctor, KT31, hujsh, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    I've disliked the Crows for a long time but have they accumulated one impressive list. Losing Dangerfield, and like us, picked off with the expansion teams, losing their Coach in such tragic circumstances, there would be few in the eight more deserving of the flag. Note: That was a lot harder to say than I thought.
    Great call Doc!
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 AFL Finals - Week 1

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Whoever wins this week cheated with having a week's break. Not sure I can watch games between 4 cheats and 4 losers this weekend.
    Kind of like the The Olympics.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Where the black armbands tonight for Phil Walsh ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Where the black armbands tonight for Phil Walsh ?
    Sam Jacobs' brother passed away last week.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

10. Thanks KT31 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only saw the last quarter, but Davis looked like his confidence was shot.

I rate the Eagles a chance at Adelaide Oval (good record there) and hopefully they will win, so Davis can re-build his confidence against that shithouse CHF Kennedy nest week.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 AFL Finals - Week 1

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Kind of like the The Olympics.
    Yeah, except the governing bodies are dodgy, drug cheating is covered up and the host venues are rigged...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the incredulity of the commentators talking about Mumford's poor game. He has been terribly slow for a while, and apart from his macho physicality which has seen him suspended multiple times, his output does not match his reputation.

Personally, I hope he, Deledio and Stevie J play for a couple more years. #straightsets

Post Thanks / Like

Mumford's been disgusting all year, can't believe it took them 25 weeks to pick up on it.

Didn't get to watch the game last night, but geez that's a bad performance on paper from the Poodles (love it). However, now that they're on the other side of the draw to the good sides, I still think they make the GF; only have to get through the not-loser of WC/Port and the Cats.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the game , and apparently all is good for the plastics because they won the second half .
    Brereton's love for this club is galling . Thought the crows just worked harder and not enough blue collar for the plastic franchise
    Happy if the crows get through after the phil Walsh tragedy, and the losses to other clubs .

Post Thanks / Like

Not so arrogant now, hey? You could see the petulance grow by the moment. IT JUST ISNT SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS!!

Some vintage Heath Shaw tantrums. And I do believe I saw Jono Patten, who enjoyed mocking an 18 year old, with a quivering lip.*

#straghtsets

*not really but his misery when things didn't go his way was a delight to behold
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Not so arrogant now, hey? You could see the petulance grow by the moment. IT JUST ISNT SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS!!

Some vintage Heath Shaw tantrums. And I do believe I saw Jono Patten, who enjoyed mocking an 18 year old, with a quivering lip.*

#straghtsets

*not really but his misery when things didn't go his way was a delight to behold
    Ah yes, reminds me of one Preliminary Final back in 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Agree, more disappointing than Jake IMO, yet the media doesn't care about GWS I guess.
    Not sure if this is serious but no he has not been as disappointing as Jake, not even close.

Played 2 more games yet kicked 21 more goals and averaged 4 marks a game