Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  149
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 AFL Finals

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 AFL Finals

Richmond are a mirror image of us last year, they look completely focussed as a team and are playing for each other, they won one more game than us last year which got them top 4.
    Dare I say it but I think Essendon isn't far behind in the team aspect but I don't think they have it yet to get past the first week, a little similar to us in 2015.
    History says you lose a final before going on to win the flag the next year.
    Richmond could be one of the rare ones that doesn't.
    It's a strange one as i wouldn't mind the tigers winning it but would also have enjoyed watching them go out in straight sets.
    Not sure why I don't rate Adelaide they have a massively good forward line.
    Sydney maybe coming from to far back is my only concern with them.
    No idea how Geelong got second with a two man team.
    If port or west coast get any further than week two I will be amazed.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I really can't understand the love for Essendon. They don't play as a team at all, they are incredibly selfish and play like a pack of 12 year olds just having fun. Will get smashed today

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Lol at Geelong's last 2 efforts at finals footy
    Before this game Geelong had only won 2 of the last 8 finals. Keep it up Scotty

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I really can't understand the love for Essendon. They don't play as a team at all, they are incredibly selfish and play like a pack of 12 year olds just having fun. Will get smashed today
    I don't love them, they are the team I hate the most but Worsfold has done a good job, I don't think you could have expected anymore than what they have done.
    And the quote playing like a bunch of 12 year olds having fun is enormous upside ., if the players are having fun they will do the natural first options , pat each other on the back, encourage and grow in confidence which is what they have.
    We enjoyed our football last year and look what happened . We didn't this year and it all fell apart.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Richmond are a mirror image of us last year, they look completely focussed as a team and are playing for each other, they won one more game than us last year which got them top 4.
    Dare I say it but I think Essendon isn't far behind in the team aspect but I don't think they have it yet to get past the first week, a little similar to us in 2015.
    History says you lose a final before going on to win the flag the next year.
    Richmond could be one of the rare ones that doesn't.
    It's a strange one as i wouldn't mind the tigers winning it but would also have enjoyed watching them go out in straight sets.
    Not sure why I don't rate Adelaide they have a massively good forward line.
    Sydney maybe coming from to far back is my only concern with them.
    No idea how Geelong got second with a two man team.
    If port or west coast get any further than week two I will be amazed.
    Richmond won the same amount of games this year as we did in '16 with a very similar For/Against. Last year 15 wins got you 7th, this year 15 and a half got you top.

FWIW no side this year can win as many games as we did last year (19) and we beat every team aside Geelong. Repeat that back when people try to tell you we 'fluked it'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Richmond won the same amount of games this year as we did in '16 with a very similar For/Against. Last year 15 wins got you 7th, this year 15 and a half got you top.

FWIW no side this year can win as many games as we did last year (19) and we beat every team aside Geelong. Repeat that back when people try to tell you we 'fluked it'.
    also the brand of footy we played was exciting compared to the finals so far
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I don't love them, they are the team I hate the most but Worsfold has done a good job, I don't think you could have expected anymore than what they have done.
    And the quote playing like a bunch of 12 year olds having fun is enormous upside ., if the players are having fun they will do the natural first options , pat each other on the back, encourage and grow in confidence which is what they have.
    We enjoyed our football last year and look what happened . We didn't this year and it all fell apart.
    No it isn't. Playing like you are having fun is important but playing as a team is crucial. They have no defensive side to their game at all and the majority of them are GWS style show ponies.

Post Thanks / Like

Daniher is a gun. My favourite non bulldog to watch.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a real no hope game today.

I hate Sydney for their entitlement and sooking, but really hat Essendon because they're Essendon.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there anything Luke Parker likes more than Luke Parker?

Post Thanks / Like

Franklin's a gun.

13. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Franklin's a gun...

Post Thanks / Like

Buddy's going to comfortably outscore the Windy Hill filth on his own at this rate.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Buddy's going to comfortably outscore the Windy Hill filth on his own at this rate.
    On one leg
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Franklin's a gun.
    Can you imagine if we drafted him in lieu of Gryphone, and then getting to cheer a big forward gun like that in our team colours. He's something else all together. Must be great to be a Sydney fan in that regard.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023