Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  152
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jackson Trengove-welcome to the Bulldogs.

Perhaps having Keath, with his intercept ability, it'll give Bevo more confidence to have one dedicated defensive stopper in the back 6, so Trengove becomes an option again.

I would't mind a back 6 of:

Duryea Trengove Crozier
    JJ Keath Suckling/Wood
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he's good depth (ruck/KPD) with a preference to having him as a ruck.

Don't see how he plays KPD weekly because there won't always be a suitable opponent. Lynch, Kennedy, Hawkins types yes but there aren't a lot of them and he's not mobile enough to play on Cameron, Hipwood, Daniher etc.

Still should play more games than he doesn't on the balance of injuries / flexibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Trengove has retired.

4. Thanks bornadog, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope someone looks at him for a coaching role. Impressive bloke and a great clubman is JT
    I rate him highly

6. Likes Max469, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I hope someone looks at him for a coaching role. Impressive bloke and a great clubman is JT
    I rate him highly
    He was coaching at Strathmore womens I believe, but wanted to coach at a higher level so hopefully this is something he can do. I was lucky enough to have sponsored Jackson for the last three seasons and can't speak more highly of him. Always generous with his time, free to chat regularly; a real pro.

Well done on a great AFL career.

8. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes Max469, WBFC4FFC, 1eyedog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I rate him highly
    Well we have a spot open with Jordan Russell moving on. I guess JT and Bevo may not be on the best of terms though.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

We made a big mistake by under utilizing him.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

JT has signed on to play up on the Murray at Barooga next season. Pretty sure there's a family connection up there.

12. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog, Max469, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jackson gave a bit of a clip to Bevo on FB. Said Bevo refused to play him even though he was "dominating" in practice games and was playing a position of need. Interesting take. Seems Bevo can indeed be stubborn and rigid. I don’t like it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Jackson gave a bit of a clip to Bevo on FB. Said Bevo refused to play him even though he was "dominating" in practice games and was playing a position of need. Interesting take. Seems Bevo can indeed be stubborn and rigid. I don’t like it
    Most thought it was weird he didn’t get more game time.

We haven’t done ourselves many favours with team selection over the past few years. We haven’t been win now or develop. We’ve been treading water. Need to get it right this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Most thought it was weird he didn’t get more game time.

We haven’t done ourselves many favours with team selection over the past few years. We haven’t been win now or develop. We’ve been treading water. Need to get it right this year.
    When you move past form as the main criteria for selection then you need to have a plan for it and we have seem to been half in and half out. As you have pointed out, we stop short with development and haven't won enough to say it it's been effective.

Trengove should have played a lot more this year and who knows why the MC didn't back him more

16. Likes EasternWest, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like he now regrets the move to pick us as a free agent. Cloke too since we pushed him out the door a year early to save Honeychurch. I imagine a lot of frustrated other players when his VFL players turned rookies were getting games despite in some cases painfully obvious limitations (Gowers). But Bevo likes his favourites, i guess all coaches have them though.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Sounds like he now regrets the move to pick us as a free agent. Cloke too since we pushed him out the door a year early to save Honeychurch. I imagine a lot of frustrated other players when his VFL players turned rookies were getting games despite in some cases painfully obvious limitations (Gowers). But Bevo likes his favourites, i guess all coaches have them though.
    We're at risk of becoming a graveyard for free agents/OOC players in their late 20s - Cloke & Trengove, with Bruce not exactly tracking well.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

When you move past form as the main criteria for selection then you need to have a plan for it and we have seem to been half in and half out. As you have pointed out, we stop short with development and haven't won enough to say it it's been effective.

Trengove should have played a lot more this year and who knows why the MC didn't back him more
    Considering he was doing well in 19 as a KPD, to think one game where he was forced to ruck with Tim being crook was how he lost his spot to Young it does at least raise the question of what's the plan here? Are we just reacting in the moment or is there a long term plan we are working off. Maybe a bit of both but it's a valid question.
    Jackson is a vocal guy so as much as I Iike him it's better for team harmony that a disgruntled exuberant player has moved on if he's not part of the roadmap. FWIW I think this is part and parcel of most team sports and our guys seem pretty happy from what I can tell.

21. Likes GVGjr, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Went on and had a look. He was refreshingly open and seemingly genuine with his responses to people on a wide range of questions.

Key takeaways:
    -Is understandably a Power supporter (kept a close eye on them even when he was with us) and tips them to beat Richmond in the GF.
    -The whole text to the question about whether he had ill will towards the Dogs: “...probably didn’t pan out as well as I would have liked mate but no Ill towards I love the boys at the club such a great bunch of boys that I’ll be friend with for a long time. I don’t think I got the opportunity from the coach that I deserved esspically this year he just refused to play me even though I was dominating in the games and we had flaws in the areas I play in. But that’s life...”
    -Thinks Travis Boak, Robbie Gray, Bont, and Dunks are the most genuine people from either club.
    -One interstate club offered him a year, but he wasn’t willing to move the family.
    -Is looking to have a bit of a gap year before having a look at coaching
    -Buddy was his most difficult opponent
    -Rates Baz’s mullet and Westhoff’s beard as equals and equally out of control.
    -Is a sauce in the cupboard (not fridge) guy.

23. Likes azabob, Dry Rot, BornInDroopSt'54, jeemak liked this post