Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  152
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jackson Trengove-welcome to the Bulldogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Considering he was doing well in 19 as a KPD, to think one game where he was forced to ruck with Tim being crook was how he lost his spot to Young it does at least raise the question of what's the plan here? Are we just reacting in the moment or is there a long term plan we are working off. Maybe a bit of both but it's a valid question.
    Jackson is a vocal guy so as much as I Iike him it's better for team harmony that a disgruntled exuberant player has moved on if he's not part of the roadmap. FWIW I think this is part and parcel of most team sports and our guys seem pretty happy from what I can tell.
    He was in the leadership group in 19 as well and as good as on the scrapheap from the start of 2020
    I talked to a few of the younger players in 2019 and they loved his energy and the voice he brought the locker room. They said he had a way of challenging them to try harder and get better without belittling them. A great skill from a team mate or a coach.

Hard to know why he fell out of favour but it now opens to door for some others

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Went on and had a look. He was refreshingly open and seemingly genuine with his responses to people on a wide range of questions.

Key takeaways:
    -Is understandably a Power supporter (kept a close eye on them even when he was with us) and tips them to beat Richmond in the GF.
    -The whole text to the question about whether he had ill will towards the Dogs: “...probably didn’t pan out as well as I would have liked mate but no Ill towards I love the boys at the club such a great bunch of boys that I’ll be friend with for a long time. I don’t think I got the opportunity from the coach that I deserved esspically this year he just refused to play me even though I was dominating in the games and we had flaws in the areas I play in. But that’s life...”
    -Thinks Travis Boak, Robbie Gray, Bont, and Dunks are the most genuine people from either club.
    -One interstate club offered him a year, but he wasn’t willing to move the family.
    -Is looking to have a bit of a gap year before having a look at coaching
    -Buddy was his most difficult opponent
    -Rates Baz’s mullet and Westhoff’s beard as equals and equally out of control.
    -Is a sauce in the cupboard (not fridge) guy.
    This makes his position pretty clear

Post Thanks / Like

I can reveal now, Jackson spoke to a friend of mine half way in the year and said he and Bevo don't get along. No reason given.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks Grantysghost, The Adelaide Connection thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand his position and agree he was probably hard done by this year, but not sure what he gets from posting it all publicly.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I understand his position and agree he was probably hard done by this year, but not sure what he gets from posting it all publicly.
    Tend to agree.....

It was clear he was out of the coach's plans this year as he looked to develop others. We're a rebuilding list and I don't know how material his inclusion into the side or otherwise would have been to how our year ended up (well I think I do have an idea, but you don't know what you don't know).

Unfortunately in footy at all levels some players get a bit of a raw deal at different times of their careers, where others don't. Jackson looks to have gotten a bit of one this year due to circumstances and probably personalities........but that happens in any club or work environment.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Considering he was doing well in 19 as a KPD, to think one game where he was forced to ruck with Tim being crook was how he lost his spot to Young it does at least raise the question of what's the plan here? Are we just reacting in the moment or is there a long term plan we are working off.
    Not the first time we have just seemingly changed direction with a player or gameplan with no real reasoning.

Other examples include:
    -Bailey Williams doing an entire pre-season as a mid in 18 or 19, then being used exclusively as a defender from the start of the season and never really getting going.
    -Aaron Naughton being our key defender for the next decade, then off one half of a JLT match we decided he was going to be our key forward for the next decade (I didn't say these were all bad changes of direction).
    -Trengove being brought to the club to play as a key forward/ruck, only to be used for that in like one JLT game then never again.
    -Lewis Young doing the entire pre-season 2020 (and career prior) as a promising key defender, then based on one half of a JLT game we picked him round 1 to play forward and then never saw him again (We didn't follow through but it was still weird).
    -Easton Wood forward experiment, where he trained for it for a whole pre-season and it was over by round 2.
    -I'm pretty sure Cordy was just thrown forward in 2016 and it worked, despite everything either side of those 2 or 3 months in his career being as a defender.

Some worked out well, others not so much, but dropping Trengove after he was a big part of our strong finish to the season on the basis of one game where he played a different position to an ok standard was odd.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

8. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot, The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Jackson think no one saw his game against Richmond this year?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Tend to agree.....

It was clear he was out of the coach's plans this year as he looked to develop others. We're a rebuilding list and I don't know how material his inclusion into the side or otherwise would have been to how our year ended up (well I think I do have an idea, but you don't know what you don't know).
    Has that been confirmed and if so when did we start the rebuild?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Jeemak has confirmed a number of times we are rebuilding!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

13. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So apparently Jackson thinking he was hard done by confirms things about Bevo as a coach. He's not exactly impartial and I'm sure he believes he should have been playing but as Happy Days alluded to this doesn't make it true.

If 'dominating' these 16 aside scratch matches accounted for much in the coaches minds I'd think Fergus would still be on the list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Does Jackson think no one saw his game against Richmond this year?
    Yeah.. Far from dominating.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    - is a sauce in the cupboard (not fridge) guy.
    I was a fan, but botulism Bob has lost me.
    "It's over. It's all over."

17. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You haven't heard the coach call us out as being a young list that wants to get better quickly multiple times the last year or two? Or is it that you haven't seen the churn of players and the sidelining of others for younger developing options?

Whether we should be or not is completely debatable, but we are.......and I don't think anyone at our club will ever publicly call out us having to rebuild or actively rebuilding ever again after Smorgon called out our refresh (or reset or whatever) requirements nine years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Jeemak has confirmed a number of times we are rebuilding!
    See, aza gets it.

Post Thanks / Like

Still think it’s a bit concerning a clubman like Jackson didn’t get on with the coach. Jackson is popular with the players and let’s not forget Dunkley had some issues there as well. I just feel where there is smoke there’s fire. B Smith is also close with Trengove and no doubt they would have spoken to eachother.