Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  152
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jackson Trengove-welcome to the Bulldogs.

Have been reading a lot of comments by Port fans.

All sad to see him go, all think he is a terrific club man, all wish him the best.

And best of all, a couple reckon he likes some rough stuff and a good fight. Even goes the biff at training!
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Have been reading a lot of comments by Port fans.

All sad to see him go, all think he is a terrific club man, all wish him the best.

And best of all, a couple reckon he likes some rough stuff and a good fight. Even goes the biff at training!
    Should fit in perfectly at Whitten oval then.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Now this is a quality recruit, respected by the port fans and members and respects them and the club back.
    https://www.facebook.com/jacksontren...78208082457874
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Great pickup and a sensible contract, very happy that we went early and decisively.
    Hopefully our trading continues to be well thought out.

Post Thanks / Like

Messaged Trengove and said welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing him line up and hoped to see him convince Impey.

He responded that he’s working on it, fingers crossed (Impey), thanks for the message and was looking forward to wearing the red white and blue.

There’s been a huge wave of gratitude from Port particularly regarding his character, he genuinely sounds like a ripping bloke. Think we’ve certainly improved our culture with his addition.

6. Likes ratsmac, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read the responses on FB, and unbelievably there was barely a flog response. Very well respected

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty rare for a supporter base to be sad to see a player go while simultaneously wishing him all the luck in the world at the new club. It's a shame we didn't have him on the list earlier.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Pretty rare for a supporter base to be sad to see a player go while simultaneously wishing him all the luck in the world at the new club. It's a shame we didn't have him on the list earlier.
    I'd like to see a few more of our supporters be as generous with their appreciation for departing players.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quality character

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Messaged Trengove and said welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing him line up and hoped to see him convince Impey.

He responded that he’s working on it, fingers crossed (Impey), thanks for the message and was looking forward to wearing the red white and blue.

There’s been a huge wave of gratitude from Port particularly regarding his character, he genuinely sounds like a ripping bloke. Think we’ve certainly improved our culture with his addition.
    Yep. Bevo and playing leaders have drawn a line after the year. Trengove reinforces the rebuilding of our culture which is great, and we can't really put a price on that beyond what his playing contract is.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

This is excellent recruiting by the club. Well done!

Looking forward to seeing the big fella in our colours next year and beyond
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

13. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    That is genuinely the feeling from all Power fans that I know and a few have referenced that he was the first to sign on when the club were at their lowest ebb (with lots of clubs trying to pull him back over the border). I had forgotten how dire their situation was and having a few key players sign on was critical to get some hope back in the joint. If Trengove and Boak left it would have opened the floodgates and probably led to at least another five years of pain on field (not to mention the damage to the already almost insurmountable debt they had accrued at the time).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd like to see a few more of our supporters be as generous with their appreciation for departing players.
    I guess it all depends on how you leave. I hold no animosity towards someone like Hamling, Ryan Griffen on the other hand.....

16. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very happy with the signing of Jackson. Always thought he was a good player and now knowing he is a quality person makes it even a better decision. He fits the mould that Bevo likes too having the ability to play in a number of positions too. I love his crunching tackles that I saw in his video too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There are some you are genuinely sad to see leave. And there are some you offer a lift to the airport to.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.