Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  152
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jackson Trengove-welcome to the Bulldogs.

Amazing Port are letting him go .. Some players you can't it can destroy the players loyalty and can bring a club down.
    Might be some backlash from port players .. Did anyone see Wingards msge to him about hoping to have a kick with him again soon?
    If Impey comes over as well I think it's a testament to just how good a character this guy is.
    Our club has done a great job in getting this guy, not just a player but a team builder at the inner sanctum.
    I just wish Stringer could see the light with us and come back and also change his culture.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Check out what his coach thinks of him about 2m 15 sec in

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/vid...inkley-address

Re his new club, Hinkley says "I hope Jacko kicks arse"

Amazing. Bevo must be rapt to get him.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

3. Thanks Prince Imperial, Ghost Dog thanked for this post
    Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post

Nice, classy send off. Hinkley clearly loves him. I look forward to JT getting into training ASAP.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

It's a tremendous endorsement of his time at Port that the club, fans and players are giving him such a send off. He's obviously not just been a type of player that just clocks on and clocks off and he's helped so many others.

Very dignified way to depart a club where everyone genuinely wishes each other well for the future.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Nice, classy send off. Hinkley clearly loves him. I look forward to JT getting into training ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's a tremendous endorsement of his time at Port that the club, fans and players are giving him such a send off. He's obviously not just been a type of player that just clocks on and clocks off and he's helped so many others.

Very dignified way to depart a club where everyone genuinely wishes each other well for the future.

You usually see messages from a player or two keen to see their mate do well at another club but I can't remember almost the whole club expressing their hope that a guy prospers at his new club. He's either a top notch bloke or they know something about his fitness tgat the medical didn't turn up.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Very strange they are letting him go if he is so good.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Very strange they are letting him go if he is so good.

I like to think it's because he has a new baby and that's the one time in your life that you need to be living 5 minutes travel time from mum and dad.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I like to think it's because he has a new baby and that's the one time in your life that you need to be living 5 minutes travel time from mum and dad.
    This. His wife has twins to be born shortly too. 3 very young kids and a husband playing professional footy. Easy to see why as a family unit they wanted to be around family.

Good people go with blessings all the time. We all said complimentary things about our premiership full back after he announced he was leaving a couple of weeks after the GF to Freo, for family reasons.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Thanks The Doctor thanked for this post
    Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks DR - it's certainly glowing, he's the first person he acknowledges and thanks

My take is Port think they needed more dynamic key defenders to win it and feel Jacko isn't it

The thing about character is that it's hard to discount - guys with it frequently find a way to rise to levels few felt they could

Trengove is ripe for a change of scenery and we are it!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Bulldogs Jackson Trengove. Sounds like he is a great guy and a solid player who will help our young defence a lot.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Like the beard and the attitude. Welcome fella
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

14. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    This. His wife has twins to be born shortly too. 3 very young kids and a husband playing professional footy. Easy to see why as a family unit they wanted to be around family.

Good people go with blessings all the time. We all said complimentary things about our premiership full back after he announced he was leaving a couple of weeks after the GF to Freo, for family reasons.
    Twins hey. 4 year contract, 22 games plus 4 finals each year with 3 premierships to boot (don't want to be greedy). That should be enough to get the father and son across the line. Now they just have to be boys.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Twins hey. 4 year contract, 22 games plus 4 finals each year with 3 premierships to boot (don't want to be greedy). That should be enough to get the father and son across the line. Now they just have to be boys.
    Only a 3 year contract, but we can extend him to get there! Good thinking!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    We have an AFLW team
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

18. Likes bornadog, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope we don't use him in the ruck and he stays in the backline to play on the monster forward.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.