Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  152
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jackson Trengove

Quote Originally Posted by Wannaknowmore View Post
    I think $450 over 3 yrs is fine.

Would much rather have Trengrove over Schoenmakers which I cannot believe we were chasing him.
    Trengrove will help with those really tall forwards who we don't always have someone to match up on.
    In todays market I imagine it will be a fair bit more, as we know these blokes don't grow trees.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    In todays market I imagine it will be a fair bit more, as we know these blokes don't grow trees.
    Not sure if his family are farming stock

I agree if we can get him for around that $500k mark, he would be a good addition. He is just about to turn 27, so he should be at his peak.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark Stevens tweet:
    Jackson Trengove to the Dogs, odds shortening. Major shock now if not at kennel next year under free agency ...

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks kruder, Templeton31 thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He'll lose 3-4 kgs (back to his pre-2016 weight) and play predominantly back, which I like.

He'll probably be our no 1 defender and will cost us nothing in picks, for me it's a yes. Given we have chased tall backmen the past few trading periods it's clearly a position we need help in and Trengove can take the monsters leaving Zaine to play a legitimate CHB role which means Morris can play mid-sized and if Adams is in the side he can play intercept backman or as a leading forward.

Collins is barely ready, Roberts has gone backwards and Young is incredibly raw so Trengove makes our team better for no cost at the trade table. A no-brainer.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He'll lose 3-4 kgs (back to his pre-2016 weight) and play predominantly back, which I like.

He'll probably be our no 1 defender and will cost us nothing in picks, for me it's a yes. Given we have chased tall backmen the past few trading periods it's clearly a position we need help in and Trengove can take the monsters leaving Zaine to play a legitimate CHB role which means Morris can play mid-sized and if Adams is in the side he can play intercept backman or as a leading forward.
    Collins is barely ready, Roberts has gone backwards and Young is incredibly raw so Trengove makes our team better for no cost at the trade table. A no-brainer.
    Sounds good to me. Do you think we would still chase a ruckman to help out till English is ready?

Post Thanks / Like

Would allow Adams to play forward too.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Would allow Adams to play forward too.
    Which gives us some genuine flexibility much like McGovern at west coast.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

10. Likes chef, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Seems a perfect fit for our defence to me
    Yep just a real no nonsense free agent signing for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Which gives us some genuine flexibility much like McGovern at west coast.
    Which in turn allows Adams to go into defence 5 minutes a quarter to cover Trengrove while he rucks (if he's our second ruckman). Which means Tom Boyd gets a lot more time forward.

Trengrove seems to create a domino effect of good things.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Likes chef, Mofra, Dry Rot, 1eyedog, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Which in turn allows Adams to go into defence 5 minutes a quarter to cover Trengrove while he rucks (if he's our second ruckman). Which means Tom Boyd gets a lot more time forward.

So this means, we have given up on Lever, or we still chase him and see Trengrove as a Ruck/defender ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

But the downside is that we on Woof are going to completey lose our minds on whether it's Trengrove or Trengove.

16. Likes bulldogtragic, Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    So this means, we have given up on Lever.
    After signing Morris last week, you'd have to think so.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If Adams stays fit he'll be one of the most important members of our side, particularly if we (seemingly) land Trengove.

Trengove's not worth 600k IMO and I'd rather 3 years than 4, but I do like that his addition frees up Adams to become our McGovern.

Needs to drop 4-5kgs and become a key defender again though - currently too top heavy/ala ruckman-esque.

19. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whats his injury history ? Just curious .
    Does he have any and has he had any major ones ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Whats his injury history ? Just curious .
    Does he have any and has he had any major ones ?
    He has had quite a history of injuries from foot, ankle, knee, hamstring, shoulder although I haven't heard of much over the past couple of seasons.

A quote from The Advertiser in 2015:

PORT Adelaide has lost pivotal defender Jackson Trengove for the rest of the pre-season.

The key backman’s wretched run with injury took another turn after he was advised by doctors to have surgery this week on his left shoulder.
    And from his Bio:

After arriving at the club at the end of 2008 with severe knee and hamstring injuries, Trengove spent the entirety of 2009 getting his body right.