Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  39
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer needs to “really commit” to dogs, says teammate

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Dusty did the right thing which has now lead him to earn huge dollars.

What Jake needs to do is knuckle down, become a super star then go for the big dollars. No one is going to give him a 1 milion plus right now. You have to work hard for money like that. Talent alone is not good enough
    I would think Norf would offer up something close to that, maybe not a mil plus, but something like $4mil over 5 years... they are desperate to bring in a ''name'' player.

2. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I would think Norf would offer up something close to that, maybe not a mil plus, but something like $4mil over 5 years... they are desperate to bring in a ''name'' player.
    What are they prepared to give back to us? Pick4 swap, plus Goldy?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

But a full pre-season and I think adding a little bit more responsibility from a leadership point of view will be a good thing as well. Maybe mentor a few kids and tell him that he's responsible for some of the young draftees coming through to set the example, just put him a little bit more in the spotlight with those kind of things.

"And keep having those hard conversations if he doesn't live up to the standards that we're upholding."

The above from the original article which I obtained from the link shows me that Wally, and I presume other players, are happy with the coaches having the hard conversations with Jake. Wally mentions that it would be good for Jake to be given leadership responsibilities and mentoring young players would be good for him. Now this is not from the club but a fellow responsible player. To be given those responsibilities Jake would appear to have to make big changes in his professionalism.

5. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    But a full pre-season and I think adding a little bit more responsibility from a leadership point of view will be a good thing as well. Maybe mentor a few kids and tell him that he's responsible for some of the young draftees coming through to set the example, just put him a little bit more in the spotlight with those kind of things.

"And keep having those hard conversations if he doesn't live up to the standards that we're upholding."

The above from the original article which I obtained from the link shows me that Wally, and I presume other players, are happy with the coaches having the hard conversations with Jake. Wally mentions that it would be good for Jake to be given leadership responsibilities and mentoring young players would be good for him. Now this is not from the club but a fellow responsible player. To be given those responsibilities Jake would appear to have to make big changes in his professionalism.
    I guess it means he has the option of staying and the ball is in his court, we hear he wants to stay and we are prepared to keep him if he does what's required .. Just maybe he isn't going anywhere and having a good think about where he wants to be and how to do it, obviously the players want him but only if he shows he can be 100% with us .. That's normal I would say when your on a decent wage.
    Bring back the biff

7. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark Stevens reporting Jake won't be at Dogs next year and that Richmond are also chasing him.
    Break a leg Jake.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

And now it's Richmond, they are just naming every Victorian club .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    And now it's Richmond, they are just naming every Victorian club .
    I so hope you are right Ledge and it's just a case of fake news. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing. Mark Stevens had plenty to report on with Dusty fav. for the awards last night and this weeks finals yet he also 'reported' that Stringer won't be back now and that Richmond had joined North and spew Essendon in soliciting him. He didn't have to say Jake won't be back at the Dogs but he said it with authority. Hopefully he is unprofessional and muck raking.
    I agree with GvGjr that the more chasers the better and it pushes Jakes price although I'm unsure how this improves our compensation.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I so hope you are right Ledge and it's just a case of fake news. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing. Mark Stevens had plenty to report on with Dusty fav. for the awards last night and this weeks finals yet he also 'reported' that Stringer won't be back now and that Richmond had joined North and spew Essendon in soliciting him. He didn't have to say Jake won't be back at the Dogs but he said it with authority. Hopefully he is unprofessional and muck raking.
    I agree with GvGjr that the more chasers the better and it pushes Jakes price although I'm unsure how this improves our compensation.
    I think you have to prepare yourself for the prospect of seeing Stringer in different colours next year. Where there is this amount of smoke, there is fire.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think you have to prepare yourself for the prospect of seeing Stringer in different colours next year. Where there is this amount of smoke, there is fire.
    Maybe he is gone but it was the same amount of fire going on with Dusty twice ! Remember his previous contract ?
    He shopped around and no one would touch him.
    Might be the case here as well.
    But I agree if he goes we will move on . We did it with aplomb just two years ago.
    Bring back the biff