Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  39
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer needs to “really commit” to dogs, says teammate

Reports that if Stringer goes we'll re-sign Crammers and if he stays Crammers is gone. It appears one will be used as trade bait and it is unlikely we'll keep them both.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Reports that if Stringer goes we'll re-sign Crammers and if he stays Crammers is gone. It appears one will be used as trade bait and it is unlikely we'll keep them both.
    Ones under contract the other isn't so we would get SFA for Crameri.
    I think Crameri was told to look around at his exit meeting going by his comments about his manager looking at options.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

My labrador Winkie, relayed a message to me that she had heard via Doodle the poodle, that 99 percent of rumours, inuendo and stories are not worthy of cocking your leg at....

4. Likes Twodogs, 1eyedog, anfo27, cinder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Jake comes back playing at 70 per cent of his all Australian season, i would be more than happy. A dozen touches including some 'Stringer magic' moments a week is what drags people off their couch to the footy. He's one of the few players who can do something so outrageous that it makes me laugh out loud in wonderment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    My labrador Winkie, relayed a message to me that she had heard via Doodle the poodle, that 99 percent of rumours, inuendo and stories are not worthy of cocking your leg at....
    I find it hard to believe you have a talking Labrador.
    Bring back the biff

7. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Crameri has already been told they are happy for him to look elsewhere. He wont change his mind if Jake goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Also shares a house with Caleb Daniel and Josh Prudden so he is surrounded by good people.Jake has struggled for form for the past two years and you would hope that common sense prevails and that he can get back to playing the type of football that would see him return to his best.
    Prudden has just been given the chop so it might have moved to two against one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    Doesn't his ex live in Geelong these days? Get her in the western suburbs so it's easier to see the kids.
    If Jake thinks a de-brief with Bevo is hard work, someone should remind him that going to Geelong also means having to mix with Harry Taylor. Now that would take real commitment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    If Jake thinks a de-brief with Bevo is hard work, someone should remind him that going to Geelong also means having to mix with Harry Taylor. Now that would take real commitment.
    . Taylor planning and preparations have been known to be meticulous. He keeps a diary of every single player he has played against. His work rate would be collosal compared to stringer. And expect some tough conversations with the coach.

12. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    . Taylor planning and preparations have been known to be meticulous. He keeps a diary of every single player he has played against. His work rate would be collosal compared to stringer. And expect some tough conversations with the coach.
    Maybe but he's an arrogant SOB who found some sick pleasure in sledging Jake on the final siren after our last loss to them down there. Jake didn't take it well.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe but he's an arrogant SOB who found some sick pleasure in sledging Jake on the final siren after our last loss to them down there. Jake didn't take it well.
    Maybe he told him some home truths as well.
    Seems Jake doesn't take any criticism well.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Maybe he told him some home truths as well.
    Seems Jake doesn't take any criticism well.
    If memory serves me correctly wasn't it alleged that Jake Stringer who was one of those most vocal against Brendan McCartney's approach with the players? Is this a bit of history repeating?

Post Thanks / Like

If memory serves me correctly wasn't it alleged that Jake Stringer who was one of those most vocal against Brendan McCartney's approach with the players? Is this a bit of history repeating?
    Apparently walked into Gordens office and said he was 100% behind the club, from all reports he hasn't backed it up.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Hardwick said something interesting on Talking Footy tonight while being quizzed about Dustin Martin's ascendency.

He reckoned he can't take much credit because Dusty plays on instinct, but made the point Martin's now "doing the things (off field preparation, looking after himself) I never thought I'd see him do" because he now knows what's required to reach these levels and stay at the top of his game.

Maybe the club should get Dusty and Jake in the same room together.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

18. Likes chef, Templeton31, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Hardwick said something interesting on Talking Footy tonight while being quizzed about Dustin Martin's ascendency.

He reckoned he can't take much credit because Dusty plays on instinct, but made the point Martin's now "doing the things (off field preparation, looking after himself) I never thought I'd see him do" because he now knows what's required to reach these levels and stay at the top of his game.

Maybe the club should get Dusty and Jake in the same room together.
    Dusty did the right thing which has now lead him to earn huge dollars.

What Jake needs to do is knuckle down, become a super star then go for the big dollars. No one is going to give him a 1 milion plus right now. You have to work hard for money like that. Talent alone is not good enough
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Likes kruder liked this post