Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tennis Grand Slams (French Open, Wimbledon, US Open)

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Great to see Ash Barty into the semi finals of French Open
    Easily the highest seed left as well (Konta 26 and the other 2 unseeded).

Could be an all Aussie final v turncoat Konta.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Easily the highest seed left as well (Konta 26 and the other 2 unseeded).

Could be an all Aussie final v turncoat Konta.
    I wish Konta would work out where she is from
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

And it's Barty into the final . Apparently if she wins the final she will be ranked number 2 in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    And it's Barty into the final . Apparently if she wins the final she will be ranked number 2 in the world.
    Amazing stuff, she has worked so hard to get there.
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

To think she was playing big bash not long ago. I think she's made the right call to come back to tennis. Maybe the media can focus on her and black ban Tomic & Kyrgios BS.
    I drank the slab that Bon Scott drunk
    I injected some of Hendrixs junk
    I booked a seat on Lynyrd Skynyrds plane
    Mama Cass's sandwich? Ate the same

6. Likes azabob, Bulldog4life, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a massive tennis fan , but she’s a great ambassador for Australian sport and tennis.
    The other two flogs should take heed at her behaviour and demeanour
    Probably get booted off here for calling them flogs

Post Thanks / Like

A wonderful result for Barty, humble proud and a true professional. Her best tennis years are still ahead of her
    Tough times don't last, tough people do
    "He'll accumulate and be involved, but we're looking a qualitative sheen on his game that we need, and it is part of our scope to score"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    A wonderful result for Barty, humble proud and a true professional. Her best tennis years are still ahead of her
    If Ash can stay at this level, she's going to be our best tennis product in a very long time. Such a great story and proof hard work, and a great attitude bears great results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Not a massive tennis fan , but she’s a great ambassador for Australian sport and tennis.
    The other two flogs should take heed at her behaviour and demeanour
    Probably get booted off here for calling them flogs
    What have they done wrong? They don't like tennis despite being very good at it, is that a crime? If the authorities are OK with having them play at their tournaments then isn't that a tacit approval of their conduct? Surely it's up to Nick and Bernard how far and how seriously he takes his tennis? After all they are the ones who have to square the bloke looking back at them from the mirror with what they set out to achieve in life.

If the tennis authorities wanted to fix it by now then they would have done but it suits them to have Kygrios and the ilk running around and playing their game because it gets bums on seats. The whole of the tennis world loves a tennis brat (and they are called tennis brats for a reason, not golf or squash brats-tennis brats), they must do or they would be running them out of the game quicker than you could say Boo.

But anyway good on Ashley for becoming only the second indigenous after Evonne Goolagong /Cawley to win the French open.
    WOOF NUMBER 6

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    What have they done wrong? They don't like tennis despite being very good at it, is that a crime? If the authorities are OK with having them play at their tournaments then isn't that a tacit approval of their conduct? Surely it's up to Nick and Bernard how far and how seriously he takes his tennis? After all they are the ones who have to square the bloke looking back at them from the mirror with what they set out to achieve in life.

If the tennis authorities wanted to fix it by now then they would have done but it suits them to have Kygrios and the ilk running around and playing their game because it gets bums on seats. The whole of the tennis world loves a tennis brat (and they are called tennis brats for a reason, not golf or squash brats-tennis brats), they must do or they would be running them out of the game quicker than you could say Boo.

But anyway good on Ashley for becoming only the second indigenous after Evonne Goolagong /Cawley to win the French open.
    I agree, they are individuals, it is not a team sport. They are only letting themselves down.

Hopefully Ash can do well at Wimbledon.

Post Thanks / Like

If Barty wins the warm up event in Birmingham, she will become World #1, heading into Wimbledon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If Barty wins the warm up event in Birmingham, she will become World #1, heading into Wimbledon.
    It must be a while since we've had a female #1. Wendy Turnbull did she eber get to 1? Otherwise it would be Evonne.
    WOOF NUMBER 6

Post Thanks / Like

It must be a while since we've had a female #1. Wendy Turnbull did she eber get to 1? Otherwise it would be Evonne.
    Since computer rankings came in in 1975 EGC has been our only number 1 (for a whole 2 weeks in 1976).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Since computer rankings came in in 1975 EGC has been our only number 1 (for a whole 2 weeks in 1976).
    I thought that EGC played her best tennis a couple of years before that but tennis aint my thing (I'm surprised that I remembered Wendy Turnbull). I might be mixing Margaret Court and Evonne Goolagong up though. I was just a kid when they were going around and it was all Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi back then, we didn't care who was on top just as long as they were Australian!
    WOOF NUMBER 6

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that EGC played her best tennis a couple of years before that but tennis aint my thing (I'm surprised that I remembered Wendy Turnbull). I might be mixing Margaret Court and Evonne Goolagong up though. I was just a kid when they were going around and it was all Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi back then, we didn't care who was on top just as long as they were Australian!
    If Kyrgios or Tomic actually had some real success, like a grand slam win or top 5 ranking, their detractors would significantly reduce. Everyone loves a winner.