Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  54
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs Membership 2018 - Operation 50,000

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    And Christmas presents
    Absolutely
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    I was at WO today and chatting to the receptionist and she was saying some members have revoked their memberships due to the club's stance on SSM :/ I guess there was always going to be controversy.
    Dissapointing to hear that. It doesn't matter what your views are we all have one thing in common and that is our love for the Bulldogs so we should not let that get in the way. Politics and sport are not a good combination and I understand why we don't discuss politics on WOOF.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

3. Likes cinder, bornadog, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Dissapointing to hear that. It doesn't matter what your views are we all have one thing in common and that is our love for the Bulldogs so we should not let that get in the way. Politics and sport are not a good combination and I understand why we don't discuss politics on WOOF.
    Very well put! Agree!

Post Thanks / Like

I was at WO today and chatting to the receptionist and she was saying some members have revoked their memberships due to the club's stance on SSM :/ I guess there was always going to be controversy.
    If it was Glennis, she a bloody legend and Doggies life member.
    Not that we should loose members for eitherreason but really thought we would loose more because of our stance on Stringer than SSM.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Its convenient to 'revoke' your membership after a poor year....wonder if the same "supporters" would have revoked their membership if the issue came up this time last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Serious?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Sad but true. It's an across club, equality issue for goodness sake! Watch them be upset if we make the GF again because they do not have first preference to tickets. An observation I have made is those of us who have friends or have seen happily married same sex partners and same sex good parents have more understanding. Anyhow, back on topic-the ones that sign up this year are more RWB and I think will be rewarded with a good 2018 on the field. Such a strong statement by Gary Kent and the understanding no one player is bigger than the club I predict we will reach 40k plus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    If it was Glennis, she a bloody legend and Doggies life member.
    Not that we should loose members for eitherreason but really thought we would loose more because of our stance on Stringer than SSM.
    Yep Glenys. Sometimes I fill in for her on the front desk ... but not for a month or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep Glenys. Sometimes I fill in for her on the front desk ... but not for a month or so.
    Say hi from me, I used to work at the same company her in a pervious life.
    When down a couple of months back I normally stop at reception and have a chat to her, on this day she wasn't about and if I had known it might have been you I would have stopped and said hello.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Say hi from me, I used to work at the same company her in a pervious life.
    When down a couple of months back I normally stop at reception and have a chat to her, on this day she wasn't about and if I had known it might have been you I would have stopped and said hello.
    If Cinder is not on reception, you will find her in the Bulldogs Shop.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If Cinder is not on reception, you will find her in the Bulldogs Shop.
    Indeed! 2nd home!

Yeah so on Fridays they have someone from the community foundation doing it over her lunch break, that's what I've been helping out with so they get me to do reception if I can. It's awesome!

Other days someone from other departments do it, such as membership, etc.

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed! 2nd home!

Yeah so on Fridays they have someone from the community foundation doing it over her lunch break, that's what I've been helping out with so they get me to do reception if I can. It's awesome!

Other days someone from other departments do it, such as membership, etc.
    Great work cinder. Yeah recently been to the Whitten Oval to see some VFL games and really know the ground very well now. It is great coming in from West Footscray station. Enjoyed having something to eat at the Barkers Cafe and also got a traditional old school VB can.

Post Thanks / Like

Renewed my membership for the 2018 season. Proud being on board again for another year. This is my 6th year coming up as a Western Bulldogs member and my 3rd year part of the EJ Whitten Social Club.

Go Dogs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Renewed my membership for the 2018 season. Proud being on board again for another year. This is my 6th year coming up as a Western Bulldogs member and my 3rd year part of the EJ Whitten Social Club.

Go Dogs!
    Nice. I am keen to hear when the SC function is going to be announced, we usually hear round about now. I'm going away for a week in December and knowing my luck it will clash. I rung the club but they still don't know.

17. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I am keen to hear when the SC function is going to be announced, we usually hear round about now. I'm going away for a week in December and knowing my luck it will clash. I rung the club but they still don't know.
    I think the club will send an email invite out to all social club members. I reckon sometime in the first part of November it will be announced.

19. Likes cinder liked this post