Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  54
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs Membership 2018 - Operation 50,000

The early games next year will have a big on how the membership goes.
    If we come out firing and present a promising game style the fence sitters will forget last year and get back on board.
    Start out with more of the same and we will take a dip.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Our motto for next season: Operation 50 Thousand
    I like it the number-word combo.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

If we don't get either the same or more members then our supporters are weak as water. The population of Melbourne has grown tremendously over the past 5 years and we should have a bigger slice of the pie.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If we don't get either the same or more members then our supporters are weak as water. The population of Melbourne has grown tremendously over the past 5 years and we should have a bigger slice of the pie.
    Yes very true BAD. Melbourne's population has grown significantly over a number of years and that I think this has played a part in us breaking our membership records. I nowadays see more Bulldog member stickers around than ever before.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Agree with this.

I don't see a scenario where we have less than 45K...but think it will be closer to 47-48K.

If we are comparing ourselves to Hawthorn 2009 (missing the finals defending a premiership) - they increased their membership in 2010 and 2011. Attendances will likely be a little lower, but I doubt memberships will drop off significantly.

Post Thanks / Like

Will we suddenly lose all our prime time slots again? Richmond and Essendon will get a lot based on their season.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Will we suddenly lose all our prime time slots again? Richmond and Essendon will get a lot based on their season.
    Unfortunately id say so.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't have thought so based on just one ordinary year. Might lose one or two at most.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm concerned about how we played these games, independent of the season. We didn't, for the most part, play exciting footy that would force AFEL house into giving us near the same again next year. I hope we can keep the Easter game ongoing, but again that was not a good game of footy despite a close result. But in the end it comes down to dollars. If they think we will rate well, we will be fine. On the other hand...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Make no mistake, we will be back into the doldrums of Sunday evening football. I'd be surprised if we had more than 1, maybe 2 Friday night games. This is the AFEL. Any opportunity to push us aside will be taken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'm concerned about how we played these games, independent of the season. We didn't, for the most part, play exciting footy that would force AFEL house into giving us near the same again next year. I hope we can keep the Easter game ongoing, but again that was not a good game of footy despite a close result. But in the end it comes down to dollars. If they think we will rate well, we will be fine. On the other hand...
    I don't think this is completely accurate. Although we didn't have a great year, and had some games that didn't turn out well, we were still involved in some of the seasons most exciting matches during prime time.

The Sydney game was a belter (round 2)
    Good Friday was a success (albeit a poor first half that turned into a great finish)
    GWS game on the Friday night round 6 was raved about.
    5 point win v Richmond in round 7 on a Saturday night where Bont and Dusty were best on.
    Even the Friday night at Kardinia park - we led at 3 quarter time and it had been an exciting game.

I think we are still very watchable - it is just hard to see that as supporters because we are too invested in the result and get more frustrated by mistakes or leaking goals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I don't think this is completely accurate. Although we didn't have a great year, and had some games that didn't turn out well, we were still involved in some of the seasons most exciting matches during prime time.

The Sydney game was a belter (round 2)
    Good Friday was a success (albeit a poor first half that turned into a great finish)
    GWS game on the Friday night round 6 was raved about.
    5 point win v Richmond in round 7 on a Saturday night where Bont and Dusty were best on.
    Even the Friday night at Kardinia park - we led at 3 quarter time and it had been an exciting game.

I think we are still very watchable - it is just hard to see that as supporters because we are too invested in the result and get more frustrated by mistakes or leaking goals.
    Essendon game was very exciting with free flowing footy and a shootout.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Our Friday nights will go through the floor - we had 8 this year, I'd expect 2 or 3 in 2018, which isn't that bad but 8 is heaps
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

After a crap season, potential Stringer loss, talek of Dahl trade I can't see us getting more than 40K
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Our Friday nights will go through the floor - we had 8 this year, I'd expect 2 or 3 in 2018, which isn't that bad but 8 is heaps
    With Good Friday and the last game we ended up with 9 Friday nights and a Thursday night. Unfortunately only 2 were home games.