Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

WOOF Phantom Drafts

It would be good to capture some 2017 Draft predictions from our WOOF members. If you feel inclined, please add them here.
    Here is my updated list from earlier in the year. Draft effort #1

My 2nd effort:

1) Cameron Rayner (1)
    2) Luke Davies-Uniacke (2)
    3) Jaiydn Stephenson (3)
    4) Adam Cerra (6)
    5) Jarrod Brander (7)
    6) Darcy Fogarty (4)
    7) Paddy Dow (12)
    8) Patrick Naish (14)
    9) Andrew Brayshaw (19)
    10) Jack Higgins (5)
    11) Lochie O'Brien (16)
    12) Nick Coffield (11)
    13) Noah Balta (22)
    14) Lachlan Fogarty (18)
    15) Hunter Clark (17)
    16) Aaron Naughton (23)
    17) Connor Ballenden (21)
    18) Sam Hayes (8)
    19) Charlie Constable (15)
    20) Oscar Allen (13)
    21) Joel Garner (10)
    22) Nathan Murphy (*)
    23) Gryan Miers (*)
    24) Oscar Clavarino (20)
    25) Callum Coleman-Jones (26)
    26) James Worpel (27)
    27) Brayden Crossley (24)
    28) Nathan Kreuger (29)
    29) Matthew Ling (25)
    30) Brayden Ainsworth (*)

Off from the previous top 30 list : James Sutherland, Jack Petruccelle, Jackson Edwards
    "Lets roll and hey...lets do it to them before they do it to us"

2. Thanks Bulldog4life, Happy Days, bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WOOF Phantom Drafts

Naish is a Richmond Father/Son yeah? You think they would pass with pick 15+ when he's a top 8 prospect?
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Naish is a Richmond Father/Son yeah? You think they would pass with pick 15+ when he's a top 8 prospect?
    I've just ranked the players where I see them. I suspect the Tiges will match any early bid or potentially trade up to secure some more points. Naish was a bit down today so I'm not sure if that hurts his position. It might suit Richmond

Post Thanks / Like

We will never get Stephenson if you rate him that high G.
    Champions aren’t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”- Muhammad Ali

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    We will never get Stephenson if you rate him that high G.
    Saw him today, he was probably Easterns best player in a losing side though they were 50 points up at one stage.
    He must know he is going to be drafted early, he has chopped off the long locks

7. Thanks KT31 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is mine

1. Cameron Rayner
    2. Adam Cerra
    3. Luke Davies-Uniacke
    4. Paddy Dow
    5. Andrew Brayshaw
    6. Jaiydn Stephenson
    7. Darcy Fogarty
    8. Noah Balta
    9. Jarrod Brander
    10. Nick Coffield
    11. Jack Higgins
    12. Lochie O'Brien
    13. Aaron Naughton
    14. Charlie Constable
    15. Connor Ballenden
    16. Hunter Clark
    17. Sam Hayes
    18. Nathan Murphy
    19. Patrick Naish
    20. Ed Richards
    21. Joel Garner
    22. Tim Kelly
    23. Lachlan Fogarty
    24. Oscar Allen
    25. Matthew Ling
    26. Harrison Petty
    27. Oscar Clavarino
    28. Jackson Ross
    29. James Worpel
    30. Brandon Starcevich

9. Thanks bornadog, Remi Moses thanked for this post
    Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Joel Garner? Don't tell me he's 6 ft 7 and of West Indian decent

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bulldogsman

I like your rating of Andrew Brayshaw and I think I have him to low in mine. I think he would suit us.

Constable, Clark and Murphy are excellent players. I'm a little surprised by your rating of Lachlan Fogarty who I think has a great goal sense, skills and applies a lot of pressure with his tackling.

I mentioned Jackson Ross as a top 40 player the other day but you're probably a lot closer to the mark

Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Thanks Bulldogsman

I like your rating of Andrew Brayshaw and I think I have him to low in mine. I think he would suit us.

Constable, Clark and Murphy are excellent players. I'm a little surprised by your rating of Lachlan Fogarty who I think has a great goal sense, skills and applies a lot of pressure with his tackling.

I mentioned Jackson Ross as a top 40 player the other day but you're probably a lot closer to the mark

Thanks again
    Brayshaw would be good. He has a nice burst of speed and good kicking skills. We don't have a lot of these. I like Coffield and Darcy Fogarty for us as well.

I don't tend to notice Lachlan Fogarty much. Seems good in a lot of areas, not sure he possesses anything too outstanding? I think there's others with higher potential.

I'm most surprised on your rating of Patrick Naish. Do you think we should place a bid on him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Joel Garner? Don't tell me he's 6 ft 7 and of West Indian decent
    Would be nice if he was 6 ft 7. He's not too dissimilar to Luke Hodge in the way he plays.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsman View Post
    Brayshaw would be good. He has a nice burst of speed and good kicking skills. We don't have a lot of these. I like Coffield and Darcy Fogarty for us as well.

I don't tend to notice Lachlan Fogarty much. Seems good in a lot of areas, not sure he possesses anything too outstanding? I think there's others with higher potential.

I'm most surprised on your rating of Patrick Naish. Do you think we should place a bid on him?
    Like Lachlan Fogarty, Coffield is a Doggies supporter and I've watched him in recent weeks play more as a midfielder and he is very much an outside player. Ideally suited to a role off half back or on a wing. He kicks the ball well into the 50mtr arc

Brayshaw has improved all season and I think it's fair to say he's been noticeably better in the 2nd half of the season and particularly the last 6 or 8 weeks. Thats normally a trend that appeals to our recruiting team.

Hamish Brayshaw is also worth considering with a later pick

How do rate Dragon team mates Constable and Murphy? There might be a query on Constables leg speed but I still think he is a good player. Murphy is coming from a way back but there is something about him that appeals.

Re Naish I saw 2 or 3 cracking games earlier in the year and I like his goal sense. I probably have him too high.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Like Lachlan Fogarty, Coffield is a Doggies supporter and I've watched him in recent weeks play more as a midfielder and he is very much an outside player. Ideally suited to a role off half back or on a wing. He kicks the ball well into the 50mtr arc

Brayshaw has improved all season and I think it's fair to say he's been noticeably better in the 2nd half of the season and particularly the last 6 or 8 weeks. Thats normally a trend that appeals to our recruiting team.

Hamish Brayshaw is also worth considering with a later pick

How do rate Dragon team mates Constable and Murphy? There might be a query on Constables leg speed but I still think he is a good player. Murphy is coming from a way back but there is something about him that appeals.

Re Naish I saw 2 or 3 cracking games earlier in the year and I like his goal sense. I probably have him too high.
    Good call on A Brayshaw. The only thing is, he might be doing a Clayton Oliver. As in rising up the rankings too far for us.

Hamish has been good the last few weeks.

I've liked what I've seen of Murphy so far, I've only seen the one game. His one on one work looked very good, as did his kicking. Looks like he's named this week and I'll be keeping a close eye on him.

Constable is a good, safe bet I think. He would appeal to Dalrymple too as I see a lot traits he will like. Elite hands, good vision, big body, competitive, footy smart etc. I think he will do very well if used mainly as an inside midfielder and he seems very comfortable down back as well. Not sure he really adds anything different to the side though.