Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Koch rant at players

Absolutely staggering comments by Koch here

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/dav...05b96f16007177

PORT Adelaide chairman David Koch has put his AFL club’s players on notice — play for premierships or play somewhere else.
    The Power chairman spoke of his blunt warning at a supporters’ function after the Power’s heartbreaking extra-time elimination final loss to West Coast at Adelaide Oval.
    Koch addressed the players immediately after Saturday night’s game and told them the club remained committed to ensuring they have the support they need to succeed.
    “But while we make that commitment they’ve got to make a commitment to us,” Koch said.
    “They’ve got to make a commitment to play to instructions, to play with composure.
    “And we don’t want players who are living their dream just by playing AFL footy. “We want players who want to win a premiership.
    “If they’re not prepared; if they’re just playing for us because they love to play AFL, they’re not players that we want.
    “If they’re not prepared to win a premiership for this club, we basically don’t want them. Let us know and we’ll trade them.
    “It’s not a one-off, it’s not a one-out and they’ve got to make the big moments count.” Koch told the audience the team was gutted by the outcome of the match that was decided after the siren by a goal to the Eagles’ Luke Shuey. But he added that coach Ken Hinkley had no sympathy for them and didn’t hold back in his assessment of the performance punctuated by squandered goalscoring opportunities.
    After the match, Hinkley staunchly defended his decision to go with a youthful team at the expense of more-experienced campaigners — most notably veteran defender Jackson Trengove.
    But Koch wasn’t as emphatic in his support of the bold selection move. “We played a young side tonight; jury’s out whether we should have,” he said. “But let me tell you, they learnt a bloody lot from tonight. “Hopefully it counts for something because we are really hurting.”

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Koch rant at players

"If they're not prepared to win a premiership, we basically don't want them. Let us know and we’ll trade them."

Or: "if they aren't good, we don't want them, and we'll look to trade them for players that are good"
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Stringer won't be going to Port then.
    Bring back the biff

4. Likes ratsmac, Raw Toast, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't that Port's credo "we exist to win premierships" I'm sure that I read that somewhere.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Stringer won't be going to Port then.
    Stringer won't be going anywhere
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Isn't that Port's credo "we exist to win premierships" I'm sure that I read that somewhere.
    Isn't any clubs

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Just your thoughts or has it been confirmed he is staying?

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly it doesnt seem thats the case
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Just your thoughts or has it been confirmed he is staying?
    My thoughts.

I actually hate any discussion confirming he is leaving and what trades we would get, until it is confirmed. I am not basing my thoughts on dumb arse Barrett.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't any clubs
    It's part of their motto or whatever you call it at Port. It's not just on the Mission Statement, it's their Raisin D'être.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts.

I actually hate any discussion confirming he is leaving and what trades we would get, until it is confirmed. I am not basing my thoughts on dumb arse Barrett.
    I have no idea if he is going either , I look at it this way he either takes the exit interview as positive feedback on how to improve and becomes what we know he can be, or he sooks up and leaves.
    To be honest what Kosch has said is probably much the same as a lot of what our players would have got at their exit interviews.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Absolutely staggering comments by Koch here

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/dav...05b96f16007177
    Extraordinary. I'm sure the players appreciated hearing that from the Chairman.

One wonders if it's a preemptive exhibition of support for the coach who might be in the gun of other board members ...
    Last edited by Rocket Science; 11-09-2017 at 07:48 PM.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

14. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts.

Stevo seems certain he's out the door, would he be going this hard on it if he didn't have a fair idea it was happening?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Stevo seems certain he's out the door, would he be going this hard on it if he didn't have a fair idea it was happening?
    He just believes Barrett is right

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair to Stevo he would be wishing he was staying and would love to report he is staying.
    I'm sure it hurts him to report he is out , so I guess it could be true.
    Although maybe he was there when stringer walked out upset ., give it a few weeks people calm down and who knows.
    Bring back the biff