Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Koch rant at players

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He just believes Barrett is right
    Serious?

I think he may have his own sources rather than just listening to a fellow journo. I doubt he'd be going this hard if he didn't actually know something.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

We can be critical of Kochie's emotional outburst but at the very least he is setting a high standard that says let us know if you just want to draw a wage and don't want to do the required work to be a success then we will see what we can do to help move you on.

I get the sentiment behind his rant but he should of handled it better.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Koch commenting on selections goes beyond his jurisdiction.
    He isn't chairman of selectors or coach .

4. Likes Topdog, Sedat, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We can be critical of Kochie's emotional outburst but at the very least he is setting a high standard that says let us know if you just want to draw a wage and don't want to do the required work to be a success then we will see what we can do to help move you on.

I get the sentiment behind his rant but he should of handled it better.
    How goods that if your a player from interstate, you have now been given the opportunity to go home.
    If I was another AFL club I would getting into home state players they have and saying he has given you a chance to come home !
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I don't actually mind this - we want to win flags, if you're content just playing and not invested to the required level, you may not be long for the club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I don't actually mind this - we want to win flags, if you're content just playing and not invested to the required level, you may not be long for the club.
    We endured a pretty poor season ourselves and we should be disappointed in the results and while I don't condone Kochie's approach the message to players that just rock up to draw a very good wage isn't a bad one
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    And if you want to do that but not be at a club where your president comes out and criticises you publicly?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

I get the sentiment behind his rant but he should of handled it better

It should never had been said in public. I understand he was upset but it was very undisciplined by the chairman. You can't be having a ping at others when you are out of control yourself.

Kochy needs to remember he is a glorified supporter, no more no less. If he got hit by a bus tomorrow Port would still be in the same position it's in now. If anyone needs to take a look at themselves it's him.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

10. Likes Topdog, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd just ring Chad Wingard's manager and see if he wants out. It seems North did that after hearing about Jake's review. And now its a thing.

In fact, I believe there's a brewing mega trade that's starting with Wingard to dogs, Stringer to North and Port heaps of picks.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Go to it list man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Go to it list man.
    You know my source on a few things I say. This comes from that source.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    You know my source on a few things I say. This comes from that source.
    Good player Wingard but he was quiet the other night. Dunno why I mentioned that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Good player Wingard but he was quiet the other night. Dunno why I mentioned that.
    I compared their stats after I got the text message.

One year draft a part, drafted same range, only 9 months age different, average about the same goals per match, both AA forwards. Stringer doesn't really play taller with the extra few cm's, but Wingard gets more of the footy on average. I can see why he's a target to replace Stringer on the comparisons, but with both contracted North (or Saints) will have to heavily invest to push it through.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I compared their stats after I got the text message.

One year draft a part, drafted same range, only 9 months age different, average about the same goals per match, both AA forwards. Stringer doesn't really play taller with the extra few cm's, but Wingard gets more of the footy on average. I can see why he's a target to replace Stringer on the comparisons, but with both contracted North (or Saints) will have to heavily invest to push it through.
    That extra year Jake is signed for is worth its weight in cockie poop in this situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    My thoughts.

I actually hate any discussion confirming he is leaving and what trades we would get, until it is confirmed. I am not basing my thoughts on dumb arse Barrett.
    I won't be basing my thoughts on outlandish comments by dumb arses on here either.