Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  12
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Deja Vu. A letter to Jake Stringer from a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The club is bigger than the individual.
    Yes absolutely agree 100% with this. You need to do what is in the best interests of the club.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Agree with all this BAD. Bevo is very much a player's person. We don't know the full circumstances going on behind the scenes, and we probably never will. But if our Club is prepared to let a good player go there must be some bloody good reasons to do so. I fully support the Club in making the right decision.
    Bevo has been very flexible is selecting players and has given most an opportunity but only if they have earned it through strong VFL performances. I think we need to have a bit of faith in Bevo he is a premiership coach and I'm sure he is learning a lot from our 2017 season.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It seemed like a rebuilding year as we knew Murphy and Boyd were retiring and he played kids in the backline.
    Seems strange after winning a flag with young kids but I guess he had no choice but to put games into them and to learn to play without those two around.
    Hopefully a big move back up the ladder next year.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    It seemed like a rebuilding year as we knew Murphy and Boyd were retiring and he played kids in the backline.
    Seems strange after winning a flag with young kids but I guess he had no choice but to put games into them and to learn to play without those two around.
    Hopefully a big move back up the ladder next year.
    Also down to have quite a depleted backline this year with certain players out during certain periods.