Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Deja Vu. A letter to Jake Stringer from a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Yeah dunno mate, not everything seems so rosy to me anymore. Nothing wrong with being critical or disagreeing with whats happening at the club. A lot has gone wrong this year and everyone deserves a bit of criticism.
    The fact that we don't know what is happening points to the fact that not everything is rosy but I don't know how anyone can side with the player based on the bits and pieces we are hearing.

A lot has gone wrong and I would have thought we should all want the club to take a firmer stance with under performing players
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Stringer was at the game on Sunday, he must have some love for the club and guy's there. Maybe there's a chance he says to the club he doesn't want to be traded. Maybe the club wants that sort of commitment from him. Is it really too late for the club and Stringer to patch things up?

Post Thanks / Like

It's a delicate position; I'm open to trading him but only if we aren't happy with his attitude and commitment and are absolutely convinced beyond any doubt that he can't and won't turn it around.

The whole club is on the nose again at the minute - incredibly disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

Trade him to North for pick 4, I couldn't give two @&$(s what club he wants to go to.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

5. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post
    Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You got it all wrong fellas. This is all a smoke screen to get Kelly to the Dogs. We are using a Stringer "fall out" as a diversion so every club will try work out whether they can come up with some sort of trade scenario and at the 11th hour just like Hurley, Stringer extends his contract leaving all the clubs standing there with their 8 day clock in their hand. All the while we just convinced Kelly to come to the Dogs.

I like to dream sometimes.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

7. Likes craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Having it play out in the media is so disappointing we have lost all leverage for mine. All I can say is the both parties loose on this deal, worst time to sell and from Jake's perspective worst time to sign a new deal. How did we get here again?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Trade him to North for pick 4, I couldn't give two @&$(s what club he wants to go to.
    I am 100% in your camp IF all the conjecture is true (he received criticism at his exit interview and is using it as an excuse to jump ship, his manager has been talking to clubs during the season, he's a terrible example of a professional athlete in terms of training and preparation standards).

He's a contracted player and one of our best paid. How dare he and his manager attempt to dictate and demand where he ends up. If our brains trust has any testicular fortitude we will fight tooth and nail on this. He either goes to the club of our choosing based on the best deal OR he stays and rots in the VFL/sits out an entire year.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes WBFC4FFC, Bulldog4life, KT31, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsman View Post
    Stringer was at the game on Sunday, he must have some love for the club and guy's there. Maybe there's a chance he says to the club he doesn't want to be traded. Maybe the club wants that sort of commitment from him. Is it really too late for the club and Stringer to patch things up?
    Or maybe he's looking for a move to Port Melbourne! His form at times this year warrants such a move (along with many others).

FWIW, I want him to stay. There's too much upside left in his career to see it in another clubs guernsey.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

There are ways, and there are ways of critiquing someone's performance; and one of those methods is to show some empathy for the person concerned.

Jake has lost what is probably the most serious relationship in his young life. Think of your own experience, gutted is not even close to the way that feels. He might even believe that he has given all he had left inside to give to the club this year, at some personal cost to his own welfare. In which case he may not have appreciated a "bake" during the end of year assessment of his performance.

Pure surmise, because one can't really know. But if this is the case then one cannot really blame him for saying, well if that's not good enough then get stuffed, I will go elsewhere.

Maybe it was a time when he most needed support, and an acknowledgment of his effort, not criticism.

I think we should be a little less critical with our comments, after all we have seen nothing from Jake with regard to his position.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    There are ways, and there are ways of critiquing someone's performance; and one of those methods is to show some empathy for the person concerned.

Jake has lost what is probably the most serious relationship in his young life. Think of your own experience, gutted is not even close to the way that feels. He might even believe that he has given all he had left inside to give to the club this year, at some personal cost to his own welfare. In which case he may not have appreciated a "bake" during the end of year assessment of his performance.

Pure surmise, because one can't really know. But if this is the case then one cannot really blame him for saying, well if that's not good enough then get stuffed, I will go elsewhere.

Maybe it was a time when he most needed support, and an acknowledgment of his effort, not criticism.

I think we should be a little less critical with our comments, after all we have seen nothing from Jake with regard to his position.
    That all happened last year. If you dont see some improvement within 12 months you have to start asking some serious questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    That all happened last year. If you dont see some improvement within 12 months you have to start asking some serious questions.
    From what I'm hearing his problems with training etc go back a lot longer than before his split up.
    Bring back the biff

15. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark Stevens on ch 7 news saying Jake won't be back at the club and that Richmond have weighed in.
    Syonara Jake, if you think your issues are because of the club, then just keep hanging out the back for cheap ones falling into your lap.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Mark Stevens on ch 7 news saying Jake won't be back at the club and that Richmond have weighed in.
    Syonara Jake, if you think your issues are because of the club, then just keep hanging out the back for cheap ones falling into your lap.
    If true the more suitors the better. Perhaps we could even get involved in a Gibbs, Lever, Stringer type trade scenario.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It appears to me that there has been an undermining of Bevo's authority in the Stringer saga.I would seriously doubt that given the discipline that Hardwick has brought to Richmond that they would want to entertain him. The media hype that surrounded Jake from day one leading to the breakdown of his marriage would strongly suggest he has lost his way. Jake was at his best 3 seasons ago when Crameri Dickson and Dahlhaus were all firing and with far greater support he became a very good player. This isn't the case at the moment given our ordinary attack. The Club has been placed in a terrible situation. A situation that may lead to a parting of the ways.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone got a HS subscription to read this?

Link

Sorry, on phone so hopefully that worked.

Got it: Link

Well nothing we didn't already know :/