Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  12
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Deja Vu. A letter to Jake Stringer from a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    Anyone got a HS subscription to read this?

Link

Sorry, on phone so hopefully that worked.

Got it: Link

Well nothing we didn't already know :/
    Anyway you can copy and paste ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Anyway you can copy and paste ?

TOM Liberatore will return from a European holiday to start his pre-season early, adamant his long-term future lies at the Western Bulldogs.

Liberatore had an indifferent season where he was dropped at one stage. There is speculation about his future given the club’s determination to trade Jake Stringer.
    After the side’s Round 23 loss coach Luke Beveridge said Liberatore had to work harder to maximise his undoubted talent.

But while the Dogs’ premiership hangover will see Stringer as collateral damage, Liberatore will stay put.

His manager Tom Williams told the Herald Sun he is determined to return to form next year, with the club on the same page about his future.

“Tom is happy at the Dogs,” said player manager Williams, a former key position player at the club.

“It might be people connecting dots but from our end we have got no issues. We haven’t requested anything from them.

“It was a tough year and he said (in his exit interview) he was looking forward to a break and he is going to come back two weeks early to get fit for pre-season.”

Liberatore and Luke Dahlhaus are both free agents next year but despite midyear discussions will park negotiations until they return to form.

Both parties are happy with that arrangement but it seems certain they will embark upon massive pre-seasons keen to rediscover their 2016 momentum.

Liberatore is overseas on holidays but has committed to returning to the first day of the pre-season in elite shape.

The Dogs have also made it clear to the Liberatore camp they have no plans to put him on the trade table.

Jake Stringer might leave the kennel. Picture: AAP
    Stringer, 23, has kicked 122 goals in the last three years, the 15th most in the league despite his ups and downs.

Beveridge has seemingly given up hope that he could lift his standards of professionalism.

The Dogs want as high a draft pick as possible with Essendon, St Kilda, Geelong and Collingwood all expressing some interest.

Essendon coach John Worsfold has spoken about Stringer.

“There’s not a big list out there, we’ll sift through those and say one do they fit into what we’re trying to build (and) are they possibly available for us,’’ he said.

“If Stringer is on that list, obviously, an All-Australian player we’ll have to seriously consider what he might offer us if he’s available.”

St Kilda coach Alan Richardson also said the club would have to consider him given his immense talent.

Teammate Mitch Wallis said last week of his future that “it’s still up in the air and he still has to really commit to the club”.

But the move to trade him has come from the club, with Stringer coming around to the fact he will have to look for a new home.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

3. Thanks bornadog, BornInDroopSt'54, cinder thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

September was always going to be unpalatable enough this year without being liberally dumped upon from a great height with this steaming shitshow before being set aflame.

I'm emotionally exhausted.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    September was always going to be unpalatable enough this year without being liberally dumped upon from a great height with this steaming shitshow before being set aflame.

In all this crap I hope in the end he stays and all The media is made to look like click bate reporting to just make headlines which in a lot of cases are now.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

In all this crap I hope in the end he stays and all The media is made to look like click bate reporting to just make headlines which in a lot of cases are now.
    When reporters say a player and the club are in dispute they are more or less covering their bases. The player might or might not stay. If reporters says the player is likely to depart a club they could just be be making an assumptions or two but when numerous reporters are saying the player is definitely leaving I think we have to assume that it's more likely than not.

When Griffen was leaving us because of a clash with the coach even the coach being moved on didn't help rescue that situation.

We might all wish Stringer stays but I think we need to face up to that it's not looking likely now. It's not impossible but so far it's not looking likely.

The good part for the club is that there appears to be a few suitors for Stringer.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Williams is Libba's manager?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    When reporters say a player and the club are in dispute they are more or less covering their bases. The player might or might not stay. If reporters says the player is likely to depart a club they could just be be making an assumptions or two but when numerous reporters are saying the player is definitely leaving I think we have to assume that it's more likely than not.

When Griffen was leaving us because of a clash with the coach even the coach being moved on didn't help rescue that situation.

We might all wish Stringer stays but I think we need to face up to that it's not looking likely now. It's not impossible but so far it's not looking likely.

The good part for the club is that there appears to be a few suitors for Stringer.
    Just like All the reporters had Dustin Martin gone and Lin Jong gone .
    The difference here is though it's being reported we want to get rid of him IF he isn't fully committed.
    It might be as simple as him going away for a few days having a think and coming back with a different attitude.
    We all know that a little inkling of a disagreement and the media jump on it . Look at the reports everyday they name a different club he is going to .. The best one for me was the saints article where they ask Richardson if they would be interested in him ., he replied we look at all players and he is a good player and then it's plastered saints are chasing him !
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Yes from the news report last night on 7 Steveo reckons he is pretty much on his way out.

I hope we get a good deal. The frustrating thing will be if he picks up his form at another club but if we were to keep him would he pick his form up? I definitely understand that Jake has had his personal issues but there is an expectation as a professional footballer to fulfil certain obligations to the club in terms of training etc. and if that isn't being done then it is dissapointing.

Bevo is looking at how we can improve and get better again and sometimes you need to be honesty with players if they are not performing to certain standards.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Just like All the reporters had Dustin Martin gone and Lin Jong gone .
    The difference here is though it's being reported we want to get rid of him IF he isn't fully committed.
    It might be as simple as him going away for a few days having a think and coming back with a different attitude.
    We all know that a little inkling of a disagreement and the media jump on it . Look at the reports everyday they name a different club he is going to .. The best one for me was the saints article where they ask Richardson if they would be interested in him ., he replied we look at all players and he is a good player and then it's plastered saints are chasing him !
    But one was over money and the other opportunities to play in a senior side. The examples you have provided don't fit Stringer and the club
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Yes from the news report last night on 7 Steveo reckons he is pretty much on his way out.

I hope we get a good deal. The frustrating thing will be if he picks up his form at another club but if we were to keep him would he pick his form up? I definitely understand that Jake has had his personal issues but there is an expectation as a professional footballer to fulfil certain obligations to the club in terms of training etc. and if that isn't being done then it is dissapointing.

Bevo is looking at how we can improve and get better again and sometimes you need to be honesty with players if they are not performing to certain standards.
    Was Bevo up to standard this year ? I wonder what score he would have got from the committee at his exit interview , I mean we as fans even questioned a lot of his decisions and interviews during the year.
    He knew the problems more than we would but we had the same issue every game .
    Is Stringer being made the scape goat of a terrible goal Kicking year by all?
    Is this why Stringer has cracked it ?
    Surely Bevo would have got a good talking to about the year as well.
    I work in an industry where something goes wrong and the problem just goes straight down the ladder and the Indians get the blame when we all know the Chiefs caused it.
    Is it that deep ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Was Bevo up to standard this year ? I wonder what score he would have got from the committee at his exit interview , I mean we as fans even questioned a lot of his decisions and interviews during the year.
    He knew the problems more than we would but we had the same issue every game .
    Is Stringer being made the scape goat of a terrible goal Kicking year by all?
    Is this why Stringer has cracked it ?
    Surely Bevo would have got a good talking to about the year as well.
    I work in an industry where something goes wrong and the problem just goes straight down the ladder and the Indians get the blame when we all know the Chiefs caused it.
    Is it that deep ?
    Ledge, believe me, he is gone.

I absolutely hate the idea of seeing Stringer in another jumper, but unfortunately he is not going to change his ways. He is completely unprofessional, and thinks talent alone will make him a star and get him a game. He has listened to too much bullshit from being named as The Package, or he is the next Gary Ablett snr. He needs to conform to what the coaching staff expect of him, but he is in denial that there is anything wrong.

Unless Stringer comes crawling back to the club, and says he will do everything the coaching staff ask of him and change his personal life which is effecting not just him, his family and friends, but also other players, then it won't happen.

Until it clicks Stringer won't improve and he will get a shock when he goes to another club.

The club is bigger than the individual.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

I absolutely hate the idea of seeing Stringer in another jumper, but unfortunately he is not going to change his ways. He is completely unprofessional, and thinks talent alone will make him a star and get him a game. He has listened to too much bullshit from being named as The Package, or he is the next Gary Ablett snr. He needs to conform to what the coaching staff expect of him, but he is in denial that there is anything wrong.

Unless Stringer comes crawling back to the club, and says he will do everything the coaching staff ask of him and change his personal life which is effecting not just him, his family and friends, but also other players, then it won't happen.

Until it clicks Stringer won't improve and he will get a shock when he goes to another club.

Yes leaving us means he takes his baggage with him too it's not like they won't expect the Same we did or more, him changing clubs won't fix it he will have to change to what we wanted Him to do as well. I hope he realises that.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with all this BAD. Bevo is very much a player's person. We don't know the full circumstances going on behind the scenes, and we probably never will. But if our Club is prepared to let a good player go there must be some bloody good reasons to do so. I fully support the Club in making the right decision.

15. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

POTY for mine because it hilariously threads through all the details and uncertainties to express the bottom line. It is Shakespeare like: "History is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound an fury, signifying nothing..."
    The problem is we have to go through the sound and fury of the media circus of idiots to find out what pick and compensation the Bulldogs get for one of our premiership heroes.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Great post BAD. No doubt his off field antics contributed to his marriage breakdown also (not that we should comment too much on that as it's personal). But my point is, until he starts looking inwards as to why so many things might be going wrong in his life, not a lot's going to change. If he's got a 'I'm the victim' type mentality, then that's really hard to work with.

I saw this on FB yesterday (unrelated) and thought it applied to his situation:

18. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog, bornadog liked this post