Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  36
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    doughawkinswing Guest

Re: Rumour rumour - fact fact

Just realised I posted this in a FACT thread, dear me. Please move or delete mods! Cheers

Can imagine you'll all take with a bit of a grain of salt seeing as it's my second post and that's fair enough! But the mail I'm getting here suggests that Jakey was pretty straight laced, straight home after training etc, isolated from the party side of things as a really young recruit as he'd have the kids to tend to at home every day. Since his split he's had trouble with the moderation side of things, lacking the grounding and structure he'd become so used to as a young fellow.
    Last edited by doughawkinswing; 16-09-2017 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Wrong place

2. Likes bulldogtragic, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doughawkinswing View Post
    Can imagine you'll all take with a bit of a grain of salt seeing as it's my second post and that's fair enough! But the mail I'm getting here suggests that Jakey was pretty straight laced, straight home after training etc, isolated from the party side of things as a really young recruit as he'd have the kids to tend to at home every day. Since his split he's had trouble with the moderation side of things, lacking the grounding and structure he'd become so used to as a young fellow.
    Tends to be similar mail around. My guess from mail, media, interviews and stuff you read on here from informed folks is the club has tried to address things with him and it got to a tipping point with the club, coaches and players. It's a tough life lesson for him now to admit mistakes, to make success. Or react ala Homer Simpson and say 'everyone's wrong but me'. If he wants the trade out then it's the right call for the club. If he has the guts and personal strength to admit failings, meaningfully promise to do what he needs to do and work at repairing trust and relationships then my view of him will rise strongly. I hope the latter, but it's clear that things aren't simple here as much as we probably all want them to be. But that's life.

Great to have you on board too!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fact , kelly signed at GWS for another two years.
    Fact Hinkley is a big talking point for the GC job.. Wait for the outcome.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Fact: Most journalists in the footy world are guessing a lot

Post Thanks / Like

Fact- There are to many talking heads earning a living in this caper
    Far to mutch scuttlebutt

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still waiting for David Swartz to apologise for his baseless crap about Johannisen. I wonder if someone from the club is having a lend of him

Post Thanks / Like

Fact Hinkley staying
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Well played Ken Hinkley and his manager
    Gold Coast come sniffing and very public about it , and Koch soils his strides and gives him a contract extension

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Well played Ken Hinkley and his manager
    Gold Coast come sniffing and very public about it , and Koch soils his strides and gives him a contract extension
    It's actually quite different apparently .. GC weren't sniffing , Hinkley approached them !
    Bang same result and manager deserves his percentage.
    Bring back the biff

12. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post