Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rumour rumour - fact fact

So we have rumours going around like a cyclone at the club . I am sick and hurt by them and am over them all, we seem to be going round in circles discussing them ( or I do )
    Can we make this post just a facts post and only put what we know Is fact so hopefully we can clear up things or at least know where we are actually at ?
    The only fact I have is
    1 Mitch Wallis had reported Stringer needs to be more committed.
    2 Bob Murphy is shocked about trade talk.
    3 PG has come out and denied a lot of the stuff is true ( what stuff we don't actually know)
    That's really all the facts I have the rest is by reporters who love to start rumours and blow up stuff.
    I don't want to hear reporters claims here I want facts from the club or players.
    So if you have any facts and can actually confirm please add. It's doing my head in!
    Bring back the biff

2. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes KT31, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rumour rumour - fact fact

Good thread ledge. Let's deal with facts not fantasy.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have the PG comments link?

5. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ledge you seem to be the only one in the universe who is unsure about what is happening with Stringer. The drums sound very loud to me and I think the silence from the club is deafening.

I understand you not wanting to jump at shadows but don't stress yourself out waiting to hear an official statement from the club. There will be nothing from us until the lead up to trade week.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Ledge you seem to be the only one in the universe who is unsure about what is happening with Stringer. The drums sound very loud to me and I think the silence from the club is deafening.

I understand you not wanting to jump at shadows but don't stress yourself out waiting to hear an official statement from the club. There will be nothing from us until the lead up to trade week.

I remember PG coming out after the Boyd trade and saying we won't say anything until things are done.

Wouldn't say I'm the only one, the media comes out with different stories about it every day and comments keep happening on here about it,so no ones sure what the hell is happening.
    That's why I started this thread.
    Facts only on everything. Not just Stringer , I'm reading Gary Kent has gone too but give me the fact !
    If you have a fact post it here but only fact .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    Anyone have the PG comments link?
    The only thing I have seen/heard was when PG was on 774 in his normal Friday slot at 9.30am. John Faine asked him about Stringer and he was a little aloof and said all players are under review as we didn't make finals.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like the only difference between a rumour and a fact on here sometimes is whether or not we like the implication.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I feel like the only difference between a rumour and a fact on here sometimes is whether or not we like the implication.
    Well we are all bulldogs and defend the club I guess. No one likes to hear bad stuff.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The only thing I have seen/heard was when PG was on 774 in his normal Friday slot at 9.30am. John Faine asked him about Stringer and he was a little aloof and said all players are under review as we didn't make finals.
    Yeah. He commented on the 'in-fighting' back in June/July but not on this recent stuff as far as I know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Stringer certainly would not have been the only one who got some things told during his exit interview. Others who have been out of form this year would have been told very similar things.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Fact: We bounced from implosion - to flag - to implosion again apparently, so clearly there's another flag coming next.

Fantasy: Barracking for the Dogs not being an emotional roller coaster.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

15. Likes ReLoad, choconmientay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it a fact that Libba is going to be starting pre-season 2 weeks early? I've read it... and hope it's fact. Good on him.

17. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Is it a fact that Libba is going to be starting pre-season 2 weeks early? I've read it... and hope it's fact. Good on him.
    According to his manager and the club yes, so I would base that as fact and he isn't going anywhere .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Whether it's the fault of the club or the player, I will be suitably pissed off if we blow any chance of sustained success. Why does everything about our club appear so difficult?
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

It's ok I'm still ok with everything. I mean when was the last time St. Kilda, Melbourne or Richmond won a flag? Things aren't that bad.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.