Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 14 of 179 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    I really hope he can convince the club to stay.
    He's the dude whose realised its his now former wife's wedding day, and it's real. So he's driven over to the church, climbed up a drain pipe, into the first level room of his former wife whose preparing in her huge dress to walk in 5 minutes and telling her he's a changed man.

It's not a Hollywood movie or sit-com, with a happy ending. It's the real world and he's charged with aggravated burglary and gets to spend some time reflecting about the decisions in his life that led him to a public bail hearing (like he got today).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes N/A, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Collingwood not interested. That's two clubs that aren't chasing him (Hawks) I find that says something as we all Know his upside is enormous.
    What's scared them off ?
    Clarko said he would be interested in getting Stringer, but it's unlikely they could satisfy our trade request.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Clarko said he would be interested in getting Stringer, but it's unlikely they could satisfy our trade request.
    A very nice way of saying things without saying them.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda felt like Jake was a piece of meat on stage such a sad state of affairs for mine. My opinion is that his manager wants him to stay because its his best chance to increase his value considering he is entering the final year of his contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood not interested. That's two clubs that aren't chasing him (Hawks) I find that says something as we all Know his upside is enormous.
    What's scared them off ?
    The fact that it seems an extremely talented player is being punted from the club won a flag last year by a coach who is extremely well respected by all and sundry and has previously worked at said clubs doesn't heighten your senses that the rumours about Jake might be correct?

7. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    The fact that it seems an extremely talented player is being punted from the club won a flag last year by a coach who is extremely well respected by all and sundry and has previously worked at said clubs doesn't heighten your senses that the rumours about Jake might be correct?
    Yeah but their is so many , which are the real ones ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

He's the dude whose realised its his now former wife's wedding day, and it's real. So he's driven over to the church, climbed up a drain pipe, into the first level room of his former wife whose preparing in her huge dress to walk in 5 minutes and telling her he's a changed man.

It's not a Hollywood movie or sit-com, with a happy ending. It's the real world and he's charged with aggravated burglary and gets to spend some time reflecting about the decisions in his life that led him to a public bail hearing (like he got today).
    That scene never does end well even in the movies. The dude always starts swaying with emotion and then falls off the bloody balcony and ends up in traction in hospital.

Yeah but their is so many , which are the real ones ?
    Clarko probably has better information than us and knows which rumours are true.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

And his ex now has a boyfriend. He might that find hard to take.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam McClure claiming Stringer will nominate Geelong end of next week.

Claims Stringer met with Geelong on Monday.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Ralph is on SEN now saying that "bulldog supporters have to know why they are only getting pick 18 for a premiership player."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

If so, he is a moron.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If so, he is a moron.
    Stringer, MacLure, both?

Post Thanks / Like

Unless Geelong can find another trade to get that pick around the top 10 I would not even answer their call if I was JMac. The same if they in anyway intimate that Motlop or Menzel could be part of a deal.
    If we were to roll over that easily I would be very upset with our club.

Post Thanks / Like

Anywhere but bloody Geelong FFS

17. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There's an inescapable feeling this slow-mo car crash will eventually be looked back upon as 'List Management 101 : What Not To Do'.

And can barely wait for the hardest of all goal celebrations when Jake straight arms Motlop en route to slotting his first one against us in Cats colours.

FMD.
    BORDERLINE FLYING