Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 28 of 179 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

Get a top 11 pick. Put it with 9. Put the spare cash with our existing spare cash and a monster offer to Ward, despite his contract. To make up for low balling him last time.

GWS may not be the dynasty we all thought. Mumford, Gryphone, Johnson, Lids, Shaw, Mzungu at best have a year. Not at their career best either. Ward has lost four prelims in a row. Maybe a chance to come home, huge money, a team likely to win a flag before he retires and be our LeBron.

He can say no, or...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes 1eyedog, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Callan Ward was one of their few shining lights tonight but he's not a world beater and not worth throwing the sink at.

Unlike Ward Rockliff is a free agent and will provide a similar return. Is more dangerous in front of goal as well.

Go hard I reckon.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Callan Ward was one of their few shining lights tonight but he's not a world beater and not worth throwing the sink at.

Unlike Ward Rockliff is a free agent and will provide a similar return. Is more dangerous in front of goal as well.

Go hard I reckon.
    Ward’s 2017 has been crazy good mega awesome spectacular:

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...s--callan-ward
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post

Go hard I reckon.
    I like the idea of getting Rocky but I think we are starting from a long way behind other clubs and I question the impact of offering a silly money contract to him because of the messages it sends others in the group. Have we been linked to him in any way yet?

What sort of dollar value would you offer?

Could we do something like offering him 5 years at 750K per season plus another 5 at 200K? On the surface it's a huge commitment and over the top but obviously the last 5 is sweetener for him to be drawing a pay cheque over the long term even after he has retired and 200K will be bugger all in 7 years time so it wouldn't impact the cap.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Just finished watching last year's Semi final against the Hawks....can't believe its come to this.
    I keep hoping Jake is going to have a road to Damascus moment and just realise what he's leaving behind..As important as he is to us..so we are to him. I wish there was some way it could be retrieved. I know it won't.

Just makes watching 2016 finals matches a tiny bit less satisfying for me though.
    Watching Dusty for the Tiges too. They were where we are now and found a solution.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Watching Dusty for the Tiges too. They were where we are now and found a solution.

It wasn't really a solution, no one else wanted Dustin Martin so he went back to Richmond with his tail between his legs. If any club showed interest Dusty would be playing for them now.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It wasn't really a solution, no one else wanted Dustin Martin so he went back to Richmond with his tail between his legs. If any club showed interest Dusty would be playing for them now.
    They still found a solution to make it work.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

If that decision is to be made I would prefer Ward before Rockliff. Geelong's second level players are not worth it imo and Motlop is too inconsistent, goes missing at times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I like the idea of getting Rocky but I think we are starting from a long way behind other clubs and I question the impact of offering a silly money contract to him because of the messages it sends others in the group. Have we been linked to him in any way yet?

What sort of dollar value would you offer?

Could we do something like offering him 5 years at 750K per season plus another 5 at 200K? On the surface it's a huge commitment and over the top but obviously the last 5 is sweetener for him to be drawing a pay cheque over the long term even after he has retired and 200K will be bugger all in 7 years time so it wouldn't impact the cap.
    This is the type of scenario that could make it work. It has to be sweet because, as you note, we are behind the 8 ball. I like Rocky a lot and think he is the one player that may be available that goes some way to off-setting the loss of Stringer.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said Ward can GAGF.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Have to disagree. It's time to bring a lost dog home. We forced him there through incompetence. Enough punishment for him, I'd welcome him back with glee. Let alone the irony of taking their captain under contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, i dont want him back either. He could have stayed but chose to chase the dollar. Hope he never wins anything anywhere.
    The curse is dead.

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, i dont want him back either. He could have stayed but chose to chase the dollar. Hope he never wins anything anywhere.
    That's not even close to what happened.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    That's not even close to what happened.
    Well he didnt go there to be closer to his family.
    The curse is dead.

17. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same Chef
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.