Likes Likes:  994
Page 1 of 179 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Stringer Trade Worth

ROUND ONE - Possible

CARL 3. Carlton
    NMFC 4. North Melbourne
    COLL 6. Collingwood
    STK 7. St Kilda (received from Hawthorn)
    STK 8. St Kilda
    WB 9. Western Bulldogs
    MELB 10. Melbourne
    ESS 11. Essendon
    RICH 15. Richmond (received from Geelong, via Carlton and GWS on-trades)
    RICH 16. Richmond

So, Stringer has apparently said Essendon (pick 11) or Geelong (nothing, how do they even get mentioned honestly). But that means little. I doubt he will leave his kids so the above are the Vic Clubs that need to explore recruiting him. Options include:

Carlton & North upgrading first and second rounders. I just don't see top 5 now.
    Would Collingwood go for a marque player to remain relevant at 6?
    Would St Kilda offer pick 8?
    I don't see Melbourne having the salary cap.
    Or would Richmond offer up 15 & 16 and a player (to ease their cap) with us sending them picks 26 & 39 and other points we can get so they can get their F/S?

Then the next question is hit the draft, or trade?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

I rekon we go pick 9 :-)
    Bring back the biff

3. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be squarely focused on North's pick 4 as our number 1 priority. They have the cap, are seemingly desperate for a big name trade and Scott will want to rise back up the ladder.

That would leave us with pick 4 & 9. I'd use 4 on the best kid available (turned out ok last time) and use 9 to bring in a gun established forward. Don't know who, but I'd be throwing big money at someone to shake them loose.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pies won't be interested in Stringer now.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

BT, thanks for the thread, I'd try to get involved with a Gibbs and Lever potential trade with Adelaide, Carlton and Melbourne.
    A top 12 pick this year or a top 10 next year is where I would be leaning towards given the early stages we are in.

I think the Saints and North are desperate for a big name and this opens the door for us to get creative.
    Don't discount Richmond wanting to have the points for Naish either which might give us some more options
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'd be squarely focused on North's pick 4 as our number 1 priority. They have the cap, are seemingly desperate for a big name trade and Scott will want to rise back up the ladder.

That would leave us with pick 4 & 9. I'd use 4 on the best kid available (turned out ok last time) and use 9 to bring in a gun established forward. Don't know who, but I'd be throwing big money at someone to shake them loose.
    Do you think North are that desperate to cough up 4 without wanting 9 back? I know they're desperate, but that's desperate.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    BT, thanks for the thread, I'd try to get involved with a Gibbs and Lever potential trade with Adelaide, Carlton and Melbourne.
    A top 12 pick this year or a top 10 next year is where I would be leaning towards given the early stages we are in.

I think the Saints and North are desperate for a big name and this opens the door for us to get creative.
    Don't discount Richmond wanting to have the points for Naish either which might give us some more options
    Is Lever one too many tall defenders for us, especially with Trengove close?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

I'd be trying to get a good first round 2018 pick for Stringer and trying our trade our #1 pick this year for one next year too.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Do you think North are that desperate to cough up 4 without wanting 9 back? I know they're desperate, but that's desperate.
    I wouldn't be touching that deal if it involved a measly 5 pick upgrade though it does smell like a JMac deal. They can have our second.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    A deal with North wouldn't likely be straight up, a 3rd club could be involved.

Without a lot of thought, how does Bulldogs trading picks 9 and 26 for picks 15 and 16 from Richmond go? The index points match up OK. Tigers get their father son and have a mid 2nd rounder for a needs based player.

We trade Stringer and our newly acquired pick 16 to North for their picks 4 and 21.
    We move up 5 picks from our original first selection, 11 picks from our original 2nd selection and still have an early 2nd rounder.
    North have a big name (much needed) and still have a first round pick.

We have picks 4, 15 and 21 plus 39. Say hello to Stephenson, L.Fogarty and Clavarino
    We then chase Tom Rockcliff hard.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes chef, jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

According to Fox Sports next years draft is close to a super draft. A lot of high end talent.

Post Thanks / Like

Without a lot of thought, how does Bulldogs trading picks 9 and 26 for picks 15 and 16 from Richmond go? The index points match up OK. Tigers get their father son and have a mid 2nd rounder for a needs based player.

We trade Stringer and our newly acquired pick 16 to North for their picks 4 and 21.
    We move up 5 picks from our original first selection, 11 picks from our original 2nd selection and still have an early 2nd rounder.

We have picks 4, 15 and 21 plus 39. Say hello to Stephenson, L.Fogarty and Clavarino
    Yes, that would be freaking perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    According to Fox Sports next years draft is close to a super draft. A lot of high end talent.
    Just the year to have Rhylee West in there, and who knows if Khamis makes it too.

18. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to me. All teams can claim victory, and members happy enough.

Trengove & Rockliff would be great mature bodies and people for kids to come into.

Post Thanks / Like

GVGjr - this sounds reasonable for all 3 parties. Would prefer north to have stringer if he comes good rather than sainters or god forbid the bombers. Cannot see how cats get him unless they offer future high draft picks. Hate the risk of future draft picks too. Pity Kelly does not want to come to us as could be some interesting 3 way deals with Stringer on table.