Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 16 of 179 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Possible we could ask for pick 18 and Menzal, although i spoken to a few Cats members in the last week and they are only concerned in getting Ablett Jnr back.
    I imagine they will need pick 18 for that.
    Cats members are just fans like us , they have about as much idea as we have at what's happening or who they want is concerned.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    If he nominates Geelong you will find the deal will more than likely get done with pick 18 and probably a player. Stringers management will tell other clubs he is not interested in playing for them and they will not risk a first rounder if the player does not want to be there. It is the club getting rid of the player so his value is not what everyone would like it to be or what we think he is worth. As Ledge said there is not as much interest as there should be from other clubs.

Your source?

This ain't Big Footy you don't just make stuff up,
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    If he nominates Geelong you will find the deal will more than likely get done with pick 18 and probably a player. Stringers management will tell other clubs he is not interested in playing for them and they will not risk a first rounder if the player does not want to be there. It is the club getting rid of the player so his value is not what everyone would like it to be or what we think he is worth. As Ledge said there is not as much interest as there should be from other clubs.
    Geelong don't have pick 18. They gave away their first rounder this year, but did receive pick 20 from Carlton, so that is their first pick.

That pick is not good enough to trade Stringer.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Geelong don't have pick 18. They gave away their first rounder this year, but did receive pick 20 from Carlton, so that is their first pick.

That pick is not good enough to trade Stringer.
    A players worth is judged by the market offers we have had no market offers yet , so we have no idea what is good enough.
    ,especially considering all Clubs would know he has issues and they must be pretty big considering the talent we know he has.
    No club has jumped at him at all it's all been just journo rubbish so far, that tells me all clubs see somethings gone astray with him.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    A players worth is judged by the market offers we have had no market offers yet , so we have no idea what is good enough.
    ,especially considering all Clubs would know he has issues and they must be pretty big considering the talent we know he has.
    No club has jumped at him at all it's all been just journo rubbish so far, that tells me all clubs see somethings gone astray with him.
    Stringer was a pick 5, AA and premiership player, has kicked plenty of goals - more than Eddie Betts at the same number of games. We know what that is worth. If we don't get it then we don't trade.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Essendon, Carlton and Geelong have all spoken with him already. Those are just the clubs that has been seen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Put pressure on us to do what?
    To accept that it's the club of Stringers choosing. I wouldn't mind him staying (with the right conditions) but we shouldn't allow him to dictate just one club
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

10. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    To accept that it's the club of Stringers choosing. I wouldn't mind him staying (with the right conditions) but we shouldn't allow him to dictate just one club
    Yes. If it's a compromise like Connors said, in that Jake didn't ask to be traded, then the compromise for Jake & WBFC is no clubs outside Victoria. That means 9 other teams, really 7 others with Hawthorn & Collingwood giving tepid comments on him. Thus, we won't pursue 8 interstate clubs and he will be open to 7 Victorian clubs that offer him the similar or same offer.

Or he stays like Dusty Martin did a few years ago.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Stringer is contracted so if we don't get what we think is a good deal the others can go jump.

He can then play out his contract with us and we can watch a feeding frenzy for him next year.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

In my heart of hearts I can't see Jake playing for us next year. The whole saga smells bad. Surely there is more to this than just some laziness on the track and in rehab.

Well if it's the cats we are forced to deal with I'd be targeting Cockatoo. If they think they are getting Stringer at a bargain basement price they are kidding themselves. Cockatoo does have hammy problems but so does Jake I suppose. He has plenty of pace and he can kick a goal. I doubt Geelong would trade Cockatoo but I'd be setting the bar there.

If it's the Bombers then it's their first rounder or I'd go for a Boyd like coup and throw cash a Z Merrett. Again it's a huge long shot but let's see if we can pry out something good out of this shit situation. Gee the look on their smug faces when Merrett says I'd like to be traded to the bulldogs would be priceless.

The one thing I will dearly miss though is Jake's finger pointing after he kick a goal.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    In my heart of hearts I can't see Jake playing for us next year. The whole saga smells bad. Surely there is more to this than just some laziness on the track and in rehab.

Well if it's the cats we are forced to deal with I'd be targeting Cockatoo. If they think they are getting Stringer at a bargain basement price they are kidding themselves. Cockatoo does have hammy problems but so does Jake I suppose. He has plenty of pace and he can kick a goal. I doubt Geelong would trade Cockatoo but I'd be setting the bar there.

If it's the Bombers then it's their first rounder or I'd go for a Boyd like coup and throw cash a Z Merrett. Again it's a huge long shot but let's see if we can pry out something good out of this shit situation. Gee the look on their smug faces when Merrett says I'd like to be traded to the bulldogs would be priceless.

The one thing I will dearly miss though is Jake's finger pointing after he kick a goal.
    It's OK. I'm sure he will still do it no matter where he is playing.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It's OK. I'm sure he will still do it no matter where he is playing.
    You know what I mean... for us!!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez now some radio show is reporting he will stay at the dogs , talk about having bets each way !
    The tripe these people put out is just stunning, they work out all the outcomes and go with a new one each day.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Geez now some radio show is reporting he will stay at the dogs , talk about having bets each way !
    The tripe these people put out is just stunning, they work out all the outcomes and go with a new one each day.
    Is the station reporting it as if they have heard he is staying or just providing an opinion that they think he will stay?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Is the station reporting it as if they have heard he is staying or just providing an opinion that they think he will stay?
    http://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=136
    Bring back the biff