Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 35 of 179 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585135 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I've looked into the Richmond scenario, they won't necessarily need the points given Naish isn't likely to go top 10.
    They can get him with one of their picks and use the other for a needs based player.

Where they might change their mind is if they are confident Naish lasts much later and there is someone at 11 they like their chances of getting.
    How likely is West as a top 10 pick? Khamis sounds like a gun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    How likely is West as a top 10 pick? Khamis sounds like a gun.
    At the moment I don't believe West goes first round.
    Khamis is very athletic and can take a mark. He's still got a lot to learn which is to be expected
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I have absolutely zero confidence in us not getting rolled here, and it's mostly of our own doing. Dodoro, on the other hand, might be hard to deal with, but isn't that a good thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. When you think about it, it like Donald Trump the businessman. You can get bankrupted by a deal, but just tell the shareholders that giving up pick 26 for Crameri (whose walked out) is a tremendous deal. I mean a truly fantastic deal the likes you've never seen before. You going to be sick of this tremendous deal it's so good. It's the likes of which the world has never seen. Believe me.

It would be nice to have a hard edge to our trading, especially when Stringer is under contract.
    Whilst I love the Donald reference BT, how easy is to actually negotiate a high stakes or high value deal from an armchair when not at the coal face - with limited information? Very - but it's different at the coal face.

When it comes to player trading we all think we're Donald Trump, but with ethics, and to be honest it makes me cringe. Negotiating is about confidentiality, and disclosure between the parties - neither of which we as fans (in the vast majority of cases) have access to.

In order to disclose you need to have access to information, in order to act confidentially you need to be on the receiving end of trusted information that is actually of value.

Some of this stuff really makes me laugh.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

SEN News breaker Sam McClure says Jake Stringer will reveal his club of choice this week, with Geelong and Essendon waiting for a decision from the Western Bulldogs forward and his management.

The Herald Sun reports Stringer has met with Essendon CEO Xavier Campbell, while McClure revealed the Cats made a presentation to him last Monday during preliminary final week, with involvement from coach Chris Scott.

“He has met with two other Victorian clubs – Hawthorn and Richmond, but the race is down to two and it’s a 50/50 race,” McClure said on SEN Breakfast.

“There is no official offer on the table from Geelong or Essendon, but my understanding is by the end of this week, as the Grand Final ball is bounced on Saturday afternoon Jake Stringer will have nominated a club of choice, and it will either be Geelong or Essendon.

“I’m not sure it will be public knowledge but Jake Stringer will tell his management which club he wants to go to.”

Essendon has Pick 11 in the 2017 National Draft, however it would like to keep that selection. Geelong has pick 20, though the Bulldogs feel he is worth considerably more.

Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting that McClure think Essendon want to keep pick 11 but still chase after Stringer.

Post Thanks / Like

Well then i guess we'll find out very soon as to whether our tough talk about enforcing Jake's contract if both Jake and ourselves don't receive a fair offer is just that, or if we mean it.

Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting that McClure think Essendon want to keep pick 11 but still chase after Stringer.
    They want him for peanuts. I just hope the club holds firm, we can't just be throwing away a draft pick 5 and having put the work into him over the past 5 years
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They want him for peanuts. I just hope the club holds firm, we can't just be throwing away a draft pick 5 and having put the work into him over the past 5 years
    I think McClure has it all wrong. Essendon will offer pick 11 but want something coming back the other way because they are greedy and unrealistic. I think pick 11 is unders but if we got that and secured Motlop via FA we close the gap a bit.

It's still early and I think it's a good thing that Stringer will nominate a club this week.

I think the club will hold firm if we don't get what we want.

Post Thanks / Like

SEN are reporting that Motlop has his eyes on going to Port. I think that will rule him out of a being a potential replacement of sorts for Stringer

Post Thanks / Like

Just heard on SEN that Motlop has nominated Port Adelaide.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Would pick 11 from Essendon be way unders for Stringer?

Post Thanks / Like

Not way unders, but a little unders. A player we want would be nice and be a more balanced trade.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

With two first round selections available and strong word that they have been looking for forward support for Riewoldt, ala Schache, it is interesting that Dan Richardson from Richmond has met with Jake's manager and have determined that they will not be going down that path.

He confirmed the Tigers had shown interest in Stringer but wouldn’t be going further down that path.

“We spoke to his management ... you’re always looking at who’s available and if they’re going to be the right option and fill a need on your list, but we probably felt at the end that Jake’s not filling a specific need for us.

“He’s a very good player but with Trent Cotchin and Dustin Martin and some good young players coming through we’ve got that (midfield-forward role) covered fairly well.”

14. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Hawthorn, Collingwood & Richmond knocking him back, Geelong wanting him knowing that can't get him and only Essendon (1 club) wanting him - that if a trade can't get done with Essendon - he realises he's not that much of a package and it reigns him in pulling his finger out.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I love how it says Essendon don't want to give up pick 11.. What club wants to give up a round 1 draft if they can help it ?
    I bet Geelong don't want to give up pick 20 either.
    Such a stupid statement.
    Its also quite wierd how the media have been saying Geelong is his preferred club for two weeks and now they come out and say he will announce which club this weekend sometime.
    They don't know they just guess !
    Bring back the biff