Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 22 of 179 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Unthinkable!

Now imagine an alternate universe in which we played nice ...

“Strangely enough now ... after effectively sacking Jake Stringer, they've now fully acquiesced to Stringer’s right to publicly nominate a club of choice, thereby squandering their capacity to extract maximum return for the former three-time club leading goal-kicker and All-Australian” Barrett said.

Ghost writing for Barrett's endless sewage outlet would be the easiest job in the world.
    You've nailed it. That's Barrett to a tee! It's personal. It's transparent. He's cashing in what little credibility he has.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Oh that's an easy one. It'd go a lil' something like this ...

"According to internal sources the Bulldogs now privately concede they mishandled the Stringer situation so poorly such that they publicly sabotaged their relationship with a marquee player, badly degrading that player's market value in the process, and any subsequent hope of fetching a remotely satisfactory return via trade.

Their clumsy own goal means they must now attempt to salvage their rapport with a precocious star whose character and confidence they've publicly torched, and hope Stringer can reinvest himself in an employer who pinned many of their premiership defence failings on him to the extent they no longer wanted him in their colours or around his teammates.

How club and player navigate this precarious new world, particularly with Stringer entering the final year of his contract, will be the subject of healthy interest in 2018."
    Obsession Damo. And there is nothing healthy about an obsession.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I would love to see Barretts take if we actually kept Jake, how would he spin doctor that ?
    I'd say it would probably go something like "The Western Bulldogs have made a dramatic u-turn with the Jake Stringer saga and have backed down in their attempt to trade him. The infighting amongst the powers that be at the club has gotten out of control to the point that Luke Beverage has been overruled and Jake Stringer has been welcomed back to the club.

The concerns now are for Jake Stringers mental health and wellbeing after all that poor Jake has had to deal with in the last two years to then be treated like this by the club is disgraceful. The club already has two players battling depression which has now become an AFL investigation into the treatment of the players by the Club."

Post Thanks / Like

Journalist and Barrett is a bit of a reach

Post Thanks / Like

I actually know his wife who is a lovely person. She absolutely hates everything AFL so imagine what it must be like living with him.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I actually know his wife who is a lovely person. She absolutely hates everything AFL so imagine what it must be like living with him.
    Of course she would he has nothing but bad stories to tell her.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Even if she loved AFL, its hard to imagine living with him.

Post Thanks / Like

For a bloke everyone doesn't like, there's a lot of talk about him in most threads = DB and his media masters winning.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have some suggestions on what might be a doable trade with the Cats?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Does anyone have some suggestions on what might be a doable trade with the Cats?
    Cockatoo and second rounder......maybe.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

(After compo & FS & academy) Geelong's 22 & 33 and Cockatoo --- Stringer & Pick 80

Only if we can points trade with Brisbane & Richmond I posted a page or two back.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Cockatoo and second rounder......maybe.
    Hasn't he got bad hamstrings?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It looks univiting from a player trade perspective.

Do we know if the AFL has given them the green light to trade away their 2018 first round?
    This may be a better option given the apparent strength of the 2018 draft compared to 2017.

I would be open to Motlop at the right price but only as a Free Agent, and not part of a Stringer deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    Hasn't he got bad hamstrings?
    Would need a medical for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    It looks univiting from a player trade perspective.
    Do we know if the AFL has given them the green light to trade away their 2018 first round?
    This may be a better option given the apparent strength of the 2018 draft compared to 2017.

I would be open to Motlop at the right price but only as a Free Agent, and not part of a Stringer deal.
    Depending on their compo, they could trade it us in the Stringer deal...