Re: Stringer Trade Worth

9, 11 and Roarke Smith upgraded
    9, Stringer and 26

I'll lock in 'B' thanks Eddie
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I wonder when Connors began to think about how much the Bombers really want Stringer? After they traded pick #11?

If they don't get him now, they wont get him next year.

After their latest shitty offer, the Bombers have sat back and done nothing, while we have been crazy guys trying to cook up all sorts of deals with other clubs.

I wonder if suddenly mid morning tomorrow the Bombers will realise hang on, we might now not get him after all and change their offer?
    At some stage Jake will realise that Essndon gave shown nothing but contempt for him. What we said may have been harsh but it was honest. Jake hasn't even signed with Essendon yet and they are already ducking him around.

I can't believe his shonk of a manager hasn't seen Essendon for what they are. His head must be so far up Essendon's arse his voice would squeek.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Would be a great result for this trade period and especially for the future.
    And for Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Unpalatable as it may be for all concerned, I maintain this is the best possible outcome at this stage.

Flick him for comparative scraps, lose significant respect in the process and improve a competitor?

Or hold our ground and commit to the hard yards needed to own our respective errors, mend bridges and maximise our investment in a rare talent.

If we're good enough to pull off the latter, now there's a tale, and Dodoro becomes a punchline in the process.
    We have to hold firm now. Unless Jake has really, really shat the nest, we have to believe any problems can be over come.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

3. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness we have only about 6 hours of negotiations left.

I've set up a meeting with myself at work for 1-2.

Post Thanks / Like

The one sided coverage of the Stringer deal is sickening. Listening to biased commentators like Scott Lucas and Lloyd say that we need to accept what we can get and just do the deal. Everyone saying that they have traded fairly and we have lost the plot.

Cede to no one. If the club folds on this deal I will be so upset. He can sit a year out for all I’m concerned.
    Last edited by angelopetraglia; 19-10-2017 at 12:11 PM.

6. Likes josie, 1eyedog, N/A, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've found the response from Connors and the Stringer camp absolutely laughable.

Connors stated something along the lines of 'why would Jake go back to a club that says he is uncoachable'...why not look at the reasons why your client has been told this and look to rectify the situation rather than stick your head in the sand while you try to cash in on another contract pay day.

He also stated 'the Bulldogs don't want him' yet Essendon are offering up a shit sandwich of a deal and aren't exactly bending over backwards to prove that they want him either.

It's clear Connors and Dodoro have conjured up this mess and have probably been talking for months. Connors has poisoned the Stringer well and convinced him to move on, and has called in favours from all his contacts in the media to absolutely bury us. (watch how much access the media now get to the players Connors manages).

It's been a filthy campaign, with dirty tricks that'd make Donald Trump blush. And we made it worse with Bevo's brutally honest interview prior to trade week. He loaded Connors and Dodoro's gun and they've been using us as target practice ever since.

My guess is we'll buckle late tomorrow and take whatever we can to get him off the books. The fact we've been frantically trying to do a deal with West Coast - a job Essendon should be doing - is proof we're desperate to be free and clear of Stringer while maintaining some dignity. Tomorrow, dignity will be cast aside just to **** him off.

It's a sad state of affairs but I am certain that Stringer will never change and his career will be curtailed by his outrageous ego that's been cultivated by his family and now management. He will implode like Fev within the next few years. I will enjoy watching it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2:01pm tomorrow Jake gets a text message expecting to see a text from John Worsfold saying welcome to the Bombers. Instead it's Bevo saying preseason starts November 1, bring your mouth guard.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

10. Likes Dry Rot, Twodogs, KT31, The Doctor, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have to blink,cos Lloyd says so

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I've found the response from Connors and the Stringer camp absolutely laughable.

Connors stated something along the lines of 'why would Jake go back to a club that says he is uncoachable'...why not look at the reasons why your client has been told this and look to rectify the situation rather than stick your head in the sand while you try to cash in on another contract pay day.

He also stated 'the Bulldogs don't want him' yet Essendon are offering up a shit sandwich of a deal and aren't exactly bending over backwards to prove that they want him either.

It's clear Connors and Dodoro have conjured up this mess and have probably been talking for months. Connors has poisoned the Stringer well and convinced him to move on, and has called in favours from all his contacts in the media to absolutely bury us. (watch how much access the media now get to the players Connors manages).

It's been a filthy campaign, with dirty tricks that'd make Donald Trump blush. And we made it worse with Bevo's brutally honest interview prior to trade week. He loaded Connors and Dodoro's gun and they've been using us as target practice ever since.

My guess is we'll buckle late tomorrow and take whatever we can to get him off the books. The fact we've been frantically trying to do a deal with West Coast - a job Essendon should be doing - is proof we're desperate to be free and clear of Stringer while maintaining some dignity. Tomorrow, dignity will be cast aside just to **** him off.

It's a sad state of affairs but I am certain that Stringer will never change and his career will be curtailed by his outrageous ego that's been cultivated by his family and now management. He will implode like Fev within the next few years. I will enjoy watching it.
    In hindsight, that initial live interview on Trade Radio with Stringer, Connors......and Dodoro (ha!) on stage (before Essendon was revealed to be his destination) is just further proof that this has been in the works for months. They spoke about being 'blindsided' to continue the narrative of the Bulldogs tossing away poor Jake for no real good reason, but they didn't bank on his ex going public with his laundry list of bad behaviour, which made their claims look ridiculous.

A stronger footy media would have asked more questions and pulled at the threads a little more, yet our footy media is well...****house.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

In hindsight, that initial live interview on Trade Radio with Stringer, Connors......and Dodoro (ha!) on stage (before Essendon was revealed to be his destination) is just further proof that this has been in the works for months. They spoke about being 'blindsided' to continue the narrative of the Bulldogs tossing away poor Jake for no real good reason, but they didn't bank on his ex going public with his laundry list of bad behaviour, which made their claims look ridiculous.

A stronger footy media would have asked more questions and pulled at the threads a little more, yet our footy media is well...****house.
    So you are saying that, regardless of what we have said or done (and even if we had said done nothing), that the fix was in for Stringer walking at the end of the season?

He did look pretty shell shocked at that first presser.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing is irretrievable. Players a shopped around and then retained all the time. Talk that there is an irreparable breakdown between the club and Stringer is just that talk. Yes things aren't great, but he is not seriously going to consider sitting out of football for a year - just ask Stewie Crameri how well that worked out! Fact is he wants to be in the best possible position at the end of 2018 so he can negotiate the key deal of his AFL career - aged 24 he would be looking for a 3 to 5 year deal paying around £1m p/a - maybe we can't match that, but at the moment not playing next year and then going to Essendon for peanuts is the dumbest decision he will make.

Post Thanks / Like

So you are saying that, regardless of what we have said or done (and even if we had said done nothing), that the fix was in for Stringer walking at the end of the season?

He did look pretty shell shocked at that first presser.
    I'm more and more convinced this is the case.

Everything about it stinks. Everything is so orchestrated. Apparently the whisper going around now is that Connors will take it to a grievance tribunal to force Stringer's delisting if we don't agree to a trade. When has a manager ever been so hell bent on voiding a player's current contract?

Post Thanks / Like

We need to hold firm here. As much as I'd be happy to lose him even for picks 25 and 30 we should run the gauntlet and risk it all demanding an improved offer from Essendon or sparking his manager to sign off on another deal.

My gut feel is that we will be better for having him out of the club but stuff it we shouldn't just hand him over to Essendon unless they are willing to offer some additional value.

Stand firm Dogs.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes WBFC4FFC, Rocket Science, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything about it stinks. Everything is so orchestrated. Apparently the whisper going around now is that Connors will take it to a grievance tribunal to force Stringer's delisting if we don't agree to a trade.
    What would be the grounds?

That we let clubs know that a contracted player may be traded if a suitable trade was found?

According to Jake, his exit interview was pleasant enough. What would be the alleged grievances?

Connors should get some very, very good advice. Hey, I'll even give him some:

Go to a tribunal like that, son, and the evidence that will have to come out on our side will end your player's career. Indeed, your player may be facing some nasty conditions and sanctions from the tribunal too if he stays with us.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

What would be the grounds?

That we let clubs know that a contracted player may be traded if a suitable trade was found?

According to Jake, his exit interview was pleasant enough. What would be the alleged grievances?

Connors should get some very, very good advice. Hey, I'll even give him some:

Go to a tribunal like that, son, and the evidence that will have to come out on our side will end your player's career. Indeed, your player may be facing some nasty conditions and sanctions from the tribunal too if he stays with us.
    Correct. In those tribunals they actually review evidence in an objective manner and not to suit a contrived AFL and closed media narrative.

I'm a comrade of comrade on this one.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

20. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same. I see it as a salary play by Stringer's camp, more and more and more. He wants Essendon for the contract...contracts take TIME to put together and reach agreement on...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

22. Likes FrediKanoute, Dry Rot liked this post