Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 13 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hawks have said they won't be making a pitch for Stringer
    Just to add to this, Clarkson stated that he would be interested in Jake but didn't see how they could make a trade work in this period that would satisfy the Bulldog's expectation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    After today, if there's a decent offer, Stringer is gone. So back to the topic of worth. Is the worth in a draft pick or a player to compensate us?

Connors said he's playing in Victoria 100% next year:

Carlton - Pick 3, no way they give that up. I'm not sure they'll give up a good enough player either.
    North - Dying for a marquee player. Pick 4?
    Collingwood - Cooney said with Matt Boyd taking the development role at Collingwood, maybe pick 6 could be on the table.
    St Kilda - A bit like north. Would they offer pick 8?
    Essendon - Are chasing him hard. Would pick 11 do the job.
    Geelong - I don't know what half arsed offer they'd make, pick 20 (their first) and a fringe player.
    Richmond - Have interest but are reportedly chasing Schache as of last week before knowing Stringer was on the market. Could we take Schache off Richmond for Stringer (both late top 10 pick trades) and let Richmond satisfy Brisbane. Does that have less or more worth.
    Hawthorn - They said they're interested but have little to trade realistically. I can't see Gunston being traded but that's the level I'd want.
    Melbourne - Tied up in Lever.

What looks the best way forward?
    Why would Matty Boyd have any interest in Stringer coming to Collingwood, or on the flipside, why would Stringer follow Boyd? Boyd was quite open in his retirement speech to the group that Stringer will enjoy not having him around so he won't be able to chew him out when he was on his phone during weights sessions.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Thanks hujsh, Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Elephant in the room is next year. Assuming that he stays (for whatever reason), he is out of contract so if he has another indifferent year we run the risk of losing him for nothing - if we have concerns we should cash in. As much as I hate this, it is the most prudent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Elephant in the room is next year. Assuming that he stays (for whatever reason), he is out of contract so if he has another indifferent year we run the risk of losing him for nothing - if we have concerns we should cash in. As much as I hate this, it is the most prudent.
    Guaranteed if he stays he won't have another indifferent year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Agree. May as well trade him whilst we has some currency. It is such a pity that it has come to this as he was and still could be such a valuable player for us. Unfortunately if both parties are unable to resolve their differences then it is best that they part ways and seek opportunities elsewhere. As others have stated their is no doubt he is going through some real issues at the moment. First and foremost I hope that he can resolve these for his (and his families) health and well being.

Good luck to the young man and I do hope he thrives elsewhere (assuming that we do part company).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Why would Matty Boyd have any interest in Stringer coming to Collingwood, or on the flipside, why would Stringer follow Boyd? Boyd was quite open in his retirement speech to the group that Stringer will enjoy not having him around so he won't be able to chew him out when he was on his phone during weights sessions.
    Cooney said it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Listening to 774 this morning my impression was that Jake wants to stay. Hopefully he can mend his (reported) ways, convince the powers that would trade him of this, and stay to make a meaningful contribution to 2018.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Cooney said it.
    I know, I was inferring that Cooney is a clown.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When reporters decide to pick on a club the first thing they do is run to an ex player of said club thinking that it will justify the story more.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I know, I was inferring that Cooney is a clown.
    Don't infer it. He's a complete arse clown in this media identity he's trying to create.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't infer it. He's a complete arse clown in this media identity he's trying to create.
    I think some at the club thought he should have been the captain at one stage.

Stringer is still a top 12 pick in my estimations. Lets see if he can convince the club he wants to stay.

I will pass an observation but his manager likes to get his own way and can be either great to deal with or a complete cow.
    We might be tempting the Jersey side of him at the moment.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If so, then it probably explains why the club implodes every few seasons.

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If so, then it probably explains why the club implodes every few seasons.
    Brian Lake as VC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

Stringer is still a top 12 pick in my estimations. Lets see if he can convince the club he wants to stay.

I will pass an observation but his manager likes to get his own way and can be either great to deal with or a complete cow.
    We might be tempting the Jersey side of him at the moment.

I really hope he can convince the club to stay.

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood not interested. That's two clubs that aren't chasing him (Hawks) I find that says something as we all Know his upside is enormous.
    What's scared them off ?
    Bring back the biff