Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 15 of 179 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Stringer, MacLure, both?
    Stringer.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If so, he is a moron.
    McCartney is the moron if he entertains the trade. I hope we are not looking to do "what's in the best interest of the player".....a line we seem to trot out regularly. We need to be entirely selfish in this situation.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

If we trade Stringer for a bag of peanuts to Geelong, thereby making a competitor stronger and Geelong of all clubs, it'll be the end of me.

I have no faith in our ability to handle this well.

5. Likes Funke disco liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    McCartney is the moron if he entertains the trade. I hope we are not looking to do "what's in the best interest of the player".....a line we seem to trot out regularly. We need to be entirely selfish in this situation.
    Nominating a club with the least trade assets when under contract is moronic if maximising his pay day is his goal. Other Vic clubs have more cap space to spend and better assets to utilise to get a deal done.

Nominating Geelong means 1 of 2 things IMO: he wants to bend us over or he wants the deal to fall through so he can stay at the Dogs.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Nominating a club with the least trade assets when under contract is moronic if maximising his pay day is his goal. Other Vic clubs have more cap space to spend and better assets to utilise to get a deal done.

Nominating Geelong means 1 of 2 things IMO: he wants to bend us over or he wants the deal to fall through so he can stay at the Dogs.
    Listening to him on trade radio, he kept saying let's see how things pan out over the next few weeks. It seems he was hurting to leave and hoping something would change. He forgets that he is the one that can make it happen, ie to stay.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If we get pick 18 I would say clubs have taken in his problems , could be the best we get offered. Shows he does have issues as other clubs won't offer a lot in competition to get him if their is any .. Doesn't seem any competition to get him to be honest.
    I would say pick 18 and something else.
    All these journos and their statements why do we the public believe all the dribble when time again they are shown to be just that , dribble.
    No facts just their own stupid statements or opinion.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Listening to him on trade radio, he kept saying let's see how things pan out over the next few weeks. It seems he was hurting to leave and hoping something would change. He forgets that he is the one that can make it happen, ie to stay.
    Is he or has the club made up its mind ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't put it past Paul Connors just ramping up some pressure on us
    We just need to stand pat and let the noise makers make the noise.

Plenty to play out yet because we have a contracted player.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Top 10 pick or equilent top 10 pick player, or he stays. Not hard to make clear. This kind of think made Dusty Martin the player he is today. A lot of clubs would've offered a bit more for Dusty now. Don't let Stringer slip through your fingers either. Or if he stays and does what's required he can have all he wants.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Top 10 pick or equilent top 10 pick player, or he stays. Not hard to make clear. This kind of think made Dusty Martin the player he is today. A lot of clubs would've offered a bit more for Dusty now. Don't let Stringer slip through your fingers either. Or if he stays and does what's required he can have all he wants.
    One year of head down and arse up, literally go as hard as you like on the ground-transfer all that Devil's energy that Jake seems to have an abundance of and use it for good, produce on the field and Jake can name his own price to stay at the bulldogs or go elsewhere.

Couldn't be any simpler could it? Oh the arrogance of youth...
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

14. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    If we get pick 18 I would say clubs have taken in his problems , could be the best we get offered. Shows he does have issues as other clubs won't offer a lot in competition to get him if their is any .. Doesn't seem any competition to get him to be honest.
    I would say pick 18 and something else.
    All these journos and their statements why do we the public believe all the dribble when time again they are shown to be just that , dribble.
    No facts just their own stupid statements or opinion.
    It's "drivel". Sorry....one of my pet hates.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    It's "drivel". Sorry....one of my pet hates.
    I call it dribble as in diarhea coming out of the mouth.
    You call it drivel
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

If he nominates Geelong you will find the deal will more than likely get done with pick 18 and probably a player. Stringers management will tell other clubs he is not interested in playing for them and they will not risk a first rounder if the player does not want to be there. It is the club getting rid of the player so his value is not what everyone would like it to be or what we think he is worth. As Ledge said there is not as much interest as there should be from other clubs.

18. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I wouldn't put it past Paul Connors just ramping up some pressure on us
    We just need to stand pat and let the noise makers make the noise.

Plenty to play out yet because we have a contracted player.
    Put pressure on us to do what?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    If he nominates Geelong you will find the deal will more than likely get done with pick 18 and probably a player. Stringers management will tell other clubs he is not interested in playing for them and they will not risk a first rounder if the player does not want to be there. It is the club getting rid of the player so his value is not what everyone would like it to be or what we think he is worth. As Ledge said there is not as much interest as there should be from other clubs.
    Possible we could ask for pick 18 and Menzal, although i spoken to a few Cats members in the last week and they are only concerned in getting Ablett Jnr back.
    I imagine they will need pick 18 for that.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.