Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Man I hope you're right.

He has a fairly annoying habit of being right most of the time.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

2. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    I posted this a few weeks ago, but still relevant, younger players at the dogs were warned to socially stay away from Stringer when they first joined the kennel. Take that sentence as fact. (And a few other players as well)
    It's not hard to guess who the other players are. But given they're still on the list, are these problems likely to persist? Could we see another trade period like his one next year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It's not hard to guess who the other players are. But given they're still on the list, are these problems likely to persist? Could we see another trade period like his one next year?
    If the whole Stringer saga hasn't been a massive reality check for them then nothing will.

5. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    If the whole Stringer saga hasn't been a massive reality check for them then nothing will.
    No one is safe.

A contract won't save you. Talent won't save you. Marketability won't save you. And a lack of trade value sure as hell won't save you.

If the coach wants you gone, it will happen.

And I see that as being an overwhelmingly good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

The last time you'll touch it sunshine.

JEEZUS that makes me want to go out and win another one.

Hope it has the same effect on the lads.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yeah. That's a problem for me too. I haven't posted on BF for ages-the last time I tried I got a message saying that I hadn't enough privelages to post a post which given its been so long wasn't surprising-so I don't really know a lot about the other posters.
    The poster you mention is a friend of mine. He lives in Sydney and has been a player agent in the rugby league, cricket and soccer industries. He used to have his own boutique agency and managed David Warner and other cricketers and some pretty big names in the rugby league world. Sold his company to one of the multi-national sports management agencies a couple of years ago and now works for them. Most of his work now is in soccer overseas but he remains an avid Bulldogs supporter and is very well connected in the player agent and in the football administration communities. Sometimes his information doesn't seem to be accurate but that's pretty rare. He is well connected and the real deal. As you can tell from the post that Dry Rot pointed you to, Fronkalicious is a very smart and insightful operator. If you like, I can reach out to him and invite him to join this forum.

9. Thanks Sedat, Doc26, Topdog, Bulldog4life, boydogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LongWait View Post
    The poster you mention is a friend of mine. He lives in Sydney and has been a player agent in the rugby league, cricket and soccer industries. He used to have his own boutique agency and managed David Warner and other cricketers and some pretty big names in the rugby league world. Sold his company to one of the multi-national sports management agencies a couple of years ago and now works for them. Most of his work now is in soccer overseas but he remains an avid Bulldogs supporter and is very well connected in the player agent and in the football administration communities. Sometimes his information doesn't seem to be accurate but that's pretty rare. He is well connected and the real deal. As you can tell from the post that Dry Rot pointed you to, Fronkalicious is a very smart and insightful operator. If you like, I can reach out to him and invite him to join this forum.
    You definitely should. I don't really follow BF much but a friend of mine is constantly sending me screen shots when 'Fronk' posts some inside snippets.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

11. Likes LongWait liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be awesome. LW He would be treated with a lot of respect on here.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

13. Likes LongWait liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew somebody would know him.You're the man.

Post Thanks / Like

I went back on bf after our win last year (didn't last, bad place to be and brought out the worst in me) but Fronk certainly seemed one of the more respected posters.
    Last edited by hujsh; 21-10-2017 at 02:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    I can't say I'm familiar with BF
    Your far to rational and intelligent for BF, Doc
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

17. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I normally don't read BF but DR sent me the link last night and I just thought "yep, nailed it"
    Just read it on Facebook. Great post.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Read the paper today. Stringer thinking he can be the "next Dusty"... His manager says they're the same age (23 and 26?!?)... and that Jake has been "upfront with his issues" - even though he was supposedly "blindsided" at being put up for trade, and even though it appears he hasn't been upfront to anyone for 2 years!
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

20. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Read the paper today. Stringer thinking he can be the "next Dusty"... His manager says they're the same age (23 and 26?!?)... and that Jake has been "upfront with his issues" - even though he was supposedly "blindsided" at being put up for trade, and even though it appears he hasn't been upfront to anyone for 2 years!
    It's all just lip service.

I heard someone from Essendon say they have the structure and support around Jake to give him the best chance to succeed. The bloke hasn't even started there yet!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

The last time you'll touch it sunshine.

JEEZUS that makes me want to go out and win another one.

Hope it has the same effect on the lads.

They will probably pass the cup around at the reunion so at least he will get to touch that one again.