Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 23 of 179 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Depending on their compo, they could trade it us in the Stringer deal...
    It's very hard to see Motlop leaving giving Geelong a first round compensation.

I would be holding very firm that the Stringer trade is for nothing less than a low to mid first round selection in 2017 or Geelong's first round in 2018, if the AFL endorses this for them again.

We need elite talent in to supplement our rather plentiful worker bees.

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong traded a first round pick for Tuohy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Geelong traded a first round pick for Tuohy
    Yes, their 2017 first round. I was referring to their 2018 first round, if the AFL endorses trading of another consecutive future first round. Otherwise, we would need another Club to get involved for a low to mid first rounder in 2017.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd prefer Parfitt over Cockatoo.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

So apparently the last straw was Stringer getting a gigantic chest tattoo around round 21, despite the club insisting he wait until season's end. If true then geez.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    So apparently the last straw was Stringer getting a gigantic chest tattoo around round 21, despite the club insisting he wait until season's end. If true then geez.
    He sure picked a great hill to die on with that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Good thing he did his hammy in the first minute in round 22. Chest marking would've been difficult/painful/near impossible.

I hope it's a huge 80's style Footscray Bulldog that everyone can see when he takes his playing jumper off.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would hope the club/bevo isnt that petty.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I would hope the club/bevo isnt that petty.
    I'd heard Bob Murphy say it's been two years of issues. Jake at that presser talked about two years as well. The first 999 cuts don't kill you, it's the 1,000 cut.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I get they were fed up well before then, but why would the club give two shits about a player getting tattooed?
    BORDERLINE FLYING

12. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I get they were fed up well before then, but why would the club give two shits about a player getting tattooed?
    Maybe it impacted his rehab for his hammy, appointments, doing everything he was meant to be doing etc. Coincidentally he did his hammy again first game back at the opening. Coincidentally that game cost us finals opportunity. A lot of coincidences I know.

Post Thanks / Like

What hurts is whilst it clearly seems to be untenable for Jake to remain - you just don't decide to move a player of Jake's ability on for sheer shits and giggles- you just know he's going to turn it around at another club.
    And its going to hurt watching him do it for the next decade somewhere else.
    I'd be less upset if we were the club that was able to attract players of his ilk via trade, but we are clearly not seen as a destinstion club for marquee players. We have to draft those types and they're few and far between.

15. Likes chef, anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we end up getting bent over by Geelong there are going to be a lot of very angry supporters.
    I want to believe we have a game plan for how to manage this and we don't blink...and find ourselves accepting pick 20 and a spud like Rhys Stanley or a Menzel or Motlop.

17. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At this rate of the pre-lim, Stringer will be announcing Geelong as his preferred destination at half time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'd heard Bob Murphy say it's been two years of issues. Jake at that presser talked about two years as well. The first 999 cuts don't kill you, it's the 1,000 cut.
    Usually when something finally snaps it's from something small.