Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 24 of 179 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'd heard Bob Murphy say it's been two years of issues. Jake at that presser talked about two years as well. The first 999 cuts don't kill you, it's the 1,000 cut.
    Yeah, im struggling to be rational about all this.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    More than anything the Mitch Wallis interview eased my concern of a stuff up by the club. I just don't understand why he won't change despite the players, captain and coaches clearly begging/telling him to. It shits me. We just have to get a good trade now. But none of us have to like it as you say.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Me too. On the one hand i can clearly understand and accept that the club would not have gone down this road lightly. Clearly there is history and a lack of ownership from Jake's part to address issues.

It still doesn't stop me from being annoyed and frustrated that we're going to lose a talented player and possibly be screwed over in the process.

5. Likes chef, AndrewP6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Yes, their 2017 first round. I was referring to their 2018 first round, if the AFL endorses trading of another consecutive future first round. Otherwise, we would need another Club to get involved for a low to mid first rounder in 2017.
    Yes agree. My point was a first rounder for Tuohy. We need more than that.....whatever pick that was.

Post Thanks / Like

Back to the trade value, could we get them to agree for a swap of our pick 26 and their pick 20 this year plus their first round pick next year?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Back to the trade value, could we get them to agree for a swap of our pick 26 and their pick 20 this year plus their first round pick next year?
    If hypothetically Stringer improves them fractionally. Then it's a 6 pick upgrade this year and pick 16-18 next year. I'm not thrilled.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are they allowed to trade another future pick at this trade period?
    Its highly likely to still end up a late 1st rounder, so I'm still not convinced a 6 pick upgrade this year and a late 1st rounder next is equitable

Post Thanks / Like

I would hope the club/bevo isnt that petty.

I don't see it as petty. The club told Jake not to do something and presumably they had a reason for. But Jake went ahead I anfd did it anyway.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I would rather tell them we want a top 10 pick at a minimum. Let them try to organize one. We are in the box seat. We don't want to be the first to blink.

Post Thanks / Like

Paid 500,000 a year to delay a tattoo for two weeks, I think i could wait.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Paid 500,000 a year to delay a tattoo for two weeks, I think i could wait.
    He cant wait two weeks. You waited what, 40 odd years?

Post Thanks / Like

He cant wait two weeks. You waited what, 40 odd years?
    Haha try 52 years! And I get a lot less that 500,000 !
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

That looks like something to work with.

There are no certainties that Geelong will be at the pointy end next season. They are losing a fair bit of experience in their backline again with Lonergan and Mackie retiring. Motlop a possibility to depart, and there are other Teams on the rise that will challenge for their position. It's certainly not all upside for them. And they will be at the tough end of the fixturing. Hey, and the BT thread alone that tracks the likelihood of our pick from them throughout the season will be well worth it.

17. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    That looks like something to work with.

There are no certainties that Geelong will be at the pointy end next season. They are losing a fair bit of experience in their backline again with Lonergan and Mackie retiring. Motlop a possibility to depart, and there are other Teams on the rise that will challenge for their position. It's certainly not all upside for them. And they will be at the tough end of the fixturing. Hey, and the BT thread alone that tracks the likelihood of our pick from them throughout the season will be well worth it.
    A bit better thread than 'we swapped 39 for 44'. Hopefully.

They may be after Fletcher Roberts they're that lean down back next year.

19. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A bit better thread than 'we swapped 39 for 44'. Hopefully.

They may be after Fletcher Roberts they're that lean down back next year.
    Michael Talia is available?