Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 26 of 179 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Who wrote this ?
    Where does Stringer or his management state their is no way back , seems a repeat article written in another way about 30 times now.
    Ralph I think

Post Thanks / Like

Rhys Stanley? Cooney is clearly taking the ****.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Cooney puts his bib in again and now saying Stanley and a second rounder should do it for Stringer. Just finished tweeting him telling him politely that he is dreaming.
    Given Bevo's want for mobile ruckman I wouldn't rule that suggestion out completely but I could see Geelong making that sort of offer.

From memory Geelong gave up a pick in early the 20's for Stanley which means at best Cooney values Stringer as being worth 2 x second rounders which of course isn't anywhere near enough.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Given Bevo's want for mobile ruckman I wouldn't rule that suggestion out completely but I could see Geelong making that sort of offer.

From memory Geelong gave up a pick in early the 20's for Stanley which means at best Cooney values Stringer as being worth 2 x second rounders which of course isn't anywhere near enough.
    That sort of footy math doesn't work. No one in their right ind would offer an early 20s pick for Stanley now. Geelong overpaid then and his value has only decreased since.

I wouldn't give up a pick in the top 30-40 for Stanley on his own, so if we accept pick 20 & Stanley we're effectively saying Stringer is worth an early second and a third rounder.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Been giving this some thought and I would entertain Motlop as part of a Stringer trade - something like Motlop and next year's first round pick for Stringer. Motlop is the most maligned player at Geelong but he has been one of their best players this finals series and has plenty of assets that we lack in spades - elite tank, elite pace, creativity. He has his flaws but as an outside 'flair' player he has so many more runs on the board than the likes of Lewis Jetta and Gary Rohan.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Been giving this some thought and I would entertain Motlop as part of a Stringer trade - something like Motlop and next year's first round pick for Stringer. Motlop is the most maligned player at Geelong but he has been one of their best players this finals series and has plenty of assets that we lack in spades - elite tank, elite pace, creativity. He has his flaws but as an outside 'flair' player he has so many more runs on the board than the likes of Lewis Jetta and Gary Rohan.
    Motlop is a free agent and not needed in a trade. We can grab him for free in addition to a possible trade. I'd target Cockatoo personally if he passes a medical. His kicking around the 50m arc was something we need.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    That sort of footy math doesn't work. No one in their right ind would offer an early 20s pick for Stanley now. Geelong overpaid then and his value has only decreased since.

I wouldn't give up a pick in the top 30-40 for Stanley on his own, so if we accept pick 20 & Stanley we're effectively saying Stringer is worth an early second and a third rounder.
    I agree it won't happen but I could see us making a move for a Rhys Stanley type
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

You wouldn't take Stanley for free! He is an athlete not an AFL footballer. I have a feeling Lang will be involved in the trade somehow if we do deal with them.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...8ffccad70da05c

JAKE Stringer has ruled out making up with the Western Bulldogs and is confident he can get to Geelong despite its lack of early draft picks.

Stringer remains baffled by the Dogs’ decision to move him on and will eventually state a single club to which he wants to be traded.

Senior Bulldogs, including retiring captain Bob Murphy and Dale Morris, have this week stated they believe the relationship can be patched up.

But Stringer has quickly moved on mentally and will under no circumstances attempt to make up with the club and return there next season.

It has been made clear there is no way back for either party, with Stringer quickly turning his focus to slotting into another club with premiership hopes.

Geelong’s first pick is No.20, significantly inferior to Essendon’s pick 11, which could make a trade harder to arrange should he choose the Cats.

Stringer has spoken to Essendon and will soon discuss his future with Geelong, which is at the front of the queue to acquire him.

But his management is confident Geelong would be able to secure a deal that will satisfy the Dogs despite their lesser starting point.
    Not one quote from Stringer or his manager . Another first clas piece of drivel

10. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...8ffccad70da05c

JAKE Stringer has ruled out making up with the Western Bulldogs and is confident he can get to Geelong despite its lack of early draft picks.

Stringer remains baffled by the Dogs’ decision to move him on and will eventually state a single club to which he wants to be traded.

Senior Bulldogs, including retiring captain Bob Murphy and Dale Morris, have this week stated they believe the relationship can be patched up.

But Stringer has quickly moved on mentally and will under no circumstances attempt to make up with the club and return there next season.

It has been made clear there is no way back for either party, with Stringer quickly turning his focus to slotting into another club with premiership hopes.

Geelong’s first pick is No.20, significantly inferior to Essendon’s pick 11, which could make a trade harder to arrange should he choose the Cats.

Stringer has spoken to Essendon and will soon discuss his future with Geelong, which is at the front of the queue to acquire him.

But his management is confident Geelong would be able to secure a deal that will satisfy the Dogs despite their lesser starting point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Not one quote from Stringer or his manager . Another first clas piece of drivel
    I was about to point out the same thing. Not one quote from a first second or third source.

Post Thanks / Like

Can any comment from Cooney be banned please. What a tosser.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

13. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Isn't he! Every time he opens his trap I cringe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    That's largely because they've been topping up on short to medium term solutions in the form of mature reinforcements.

That'll catch up with them, imo.
    The same as recruiting Stringer and Ablett might forestall that dive down the ladder a bit but make it much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I can't believe we used to go out with him. what were we thinking?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Motlop is a free agent and not needed in a trade. We can grab him for free in addition to a possible trade. I'd target Cockatoo personally if he passes a medical. His kicking around the 50m arc was something we need.
    If we've nailed our FA mast to Trengove, wouldn't we then need to trade for another FA?
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    If we've nailed our FA mast to Trengove, wouldn't we then need to trade for another FA?
    Don't believe so. North grabbed Higgins & Waite in 2014 under FA.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023