Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 27 of 179 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Isn't he! Every time he opens his trap I cringe.
    Even I'm starting to turn on him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Don't believe so. North grabbed Higgins & Waite in 2014 under FA.
    Fair enough, I always thought teams can only get one FA in any given trade period. With that in mind, I'd like us to look at Motlop as a FA to address some glaring deficiencies in our midfield group.

And Stringer for Cockatoo and next year's 1st round pick is a good starting point with the Cats.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

3. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Fair enough, I always thought teams can only get one FA in any given trade period. With that in mind, I'd like us to look at Motlop as a FA to address some glaring deficiencies in our midfield group.

And Stringer for Cockatoo and next year's 1st round pick is a good starting point with the Cats.
    This may be more along the lines of the JMc target thread... I will post it there.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

The Cats are very unlikely to trade Cockatoo so Motlop as a FA might be worth a good look at.
    If we lose Stringer we are going to need a couple of quick wins as good news stories.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The Cats are very unlikely to trade Cockatoo so Motlop as a FA might be worth a good look at.
    If we lose Stringer we are going to need a couple of quick wins as good news stories.
    That's why we should be targeting him. Offering Stanley or Cowan won't get it done. To get good talent, you have to give good talent/picks.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If we've nailed our FA mast to Trengove, wouldn't we then need to trade for another FA?
    Hawks did it last year with Ricky Henderson & Ty Vickery

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Hawks did it last year with Ricky Henderson & Ty Vickery
    I haven't met a Hawks supporter that wouldn't gladly agree the Hawks should pay half his wage in an effort to trade him away.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan of Motlop but it would be ironic if we went after him and turfed Stringer simultaneously.

I can see Geelong offering Pick 20 & Lang or Thurlow.

They won't offer Cockatoo - they love him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I'm a fan of Motlop but it would be ironic if we went after him and turfed Stringer simultaneously.

They can give us Cockatoo, and Stringer can get the #5 jumper and further believe he's Gary Ablett Snr.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. If true, Stringer can have a gap year. That's fine.
    I would prefer he has a gap year with all this denial that he doesn't know why he is being moved on. He can stick it if these reports are true. I don't care if it costs us a good pick.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

How would Lang fit into our side? He has struggled a bit for games at the Cattery

Thurlow has had some injury challenges and he's a low possession winning 190cm defender with below average skills which I don't think we have a spot for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I would prefer he has a gap year with all this denial that he doesn't know why he is being moved on. He can stick it if these reports are true. I don't care if it costs us a good pick.
    Don't worry, pick 20 is an average pick in an average draft. Easily worth him having a gap year if he and Geelong or others don't give us something of value.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    How would Lang fit into our side? He has struggled a bit for games at the Cattery

Thurlow has had some injury challenges and he's a low possession winning 190cm defender with below average skills which I don't think we have a spot for.
    Lang has had some injuries this season but he is a neat player. More that half forward who could push up to the wings.

I still wouldn't accept 20 + Lang but IMO that's what Geelong will look at offering.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry, pick 20 is an average pick in an average draft. Easily worth him having a gap year if he and Geelong or others don't give us something of value.
    If pick 20 is all we can conjure up for Stringer, then I would happily let him rot in football purgatory for 12 months. I'd love it if we publicly stated that was our position.

GWS played hardball with McCarthy and it seemed like bad business at the time, but it sends a message to contracted players that they can't nominate and expect the existing club to get bent over for unders.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

16. Likes hujsh, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished watching last year's Semi final against the Hawks....can't believe its come to this.
    I keep hoping Jake is going to have a road to Damascus moment and just realise what he's leaving behind..As important as he is to us..so we are to him. I wish there was some way it could be retrieved. I know it won't.

Just makes watching 2016 finals matches a tiny bit less satisfying for me though.