Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 34 of 179 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484134 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Essendon believe 11 is too much, and want something coming back the other way
    We want more than pick 11.
    Do you like any on their list? Ridley sounds interesting.

We could find a compromise on Pick 11 & 47 & Ridley/Fanatsia - for - Stringer & Picks 39

We get more than 11. They can sell it they didn't give up more than 11 with the 3rd round upgrade to our/Norths pick.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon believe 11 is too much, and want something coming back the other way
    We want more than pick 11.
    I think you're forgetting about all of that valuable equity we got in the Crameri trade that will surely come back and help us out now?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

3. Likes bulldogtragic, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I think you're forgetting about all of that valuable equity we got in the Crameri trade that will surely come back and help us out now?
    Are you free during trade week to handle negotiations with Essendon just in case Dodoro has a forgetful moment with us?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Do you like any on their list? Ridley sounds interesting.

We could find a compromise on Pick 11 & 46 & Ridley/Fanatsia - for - Stringer & Picks 39

We get more than 11. They can sell it they didn't give up more than 11 with the 3rd round upgrade to our/Norths pick.
    Essendon won't give up Fantasia or Ridley and dealing with them will be a tough negotiation.

Without a lot of thought I think they could offer Pick 11 and Francis for Stringer and our pick 26. Thats about as good as they would offer

Most likely they will offer pick 11 for Stringer and our pick 26.

We should just insist on pick 11

Redman interests me a bit but after 2 seasons he still hasn't cracked it for a senior game with them

We might get pick 47 from them for Crameri but we might only use 4 picks on draft night.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Well looks like he will stay then at this rate, or its early and we can play tough until the last minute and see how desperate teams get for him.
    All in our court even if it doesn't work out he will come back tail between his legs and work harder than ever.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Silly question, should we hire Dodoro? Then it would be tough dealing with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Based on what people think he's worth I see no reason to trade Stringer.

I'd rather get nothing in a years time then let him go for unders now.

9. Likes Topdog, Rocket Science, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Based on what people think he's worth I see no reason to trade Stringer.

I'd rather get nothing in a years time then let him go for unders now.
    There is some merit in that position.

11. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Silly question, should we hire Dodoro? Then it would be tough dealing with us.
    I have absolutely zero confidence in us not getting rolled here, and it's mostly of our own doing. Dodoro, on the other hand, might be hard to deal with, but isn't that a good thing?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon won't give up Fantasia or Ridley and dealing with them will be a tough negotiation.

Without a lot of thought I think they could offer Pick 11 and Francis for Stringer and our pick 26. Thats about as good as they would offer

Most likely they will offer pick 11 for Stringer and our pick 26.

We should just insist on pick 11

Redman interests me a bit but after 2 seasons he still hasn't cracked it for a senior game with them

We might get pick 47 from them for Crameri but we might only use 4 picks on draft night.
    Say we got 11 for Stringer and 47 for Crameri. That could make it interesting if Richmond are open to a points trade...

Richmond Get: 11, 26 & 47 has a 150+ point win.

We have 9, 15, 16 & 39. Khamis & West and our picks next year. That's a solid refresh, mini rebuild or other adjective.

Post Thanks / Like

Say we got 11 for Stringer and 47 for Crameri. That could make it interesting if Richmond are open to a points trade...

We have 9, 15, 16 & 39. Khamis & West and our picks next year. That's a solid refresh, mini rebuild or other adjective.
    And Trengove :-)
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I have absolutely zero confidence in us not getting rolled here, and it's mostly of our own doing. Dodoro, on the other hand, might be hard to deal with, but isn't that a good thing?
    Yep. When you think about it, it like Donald Trump the businessman. You can get bankrupted by a deal, but just tell the shareholders that giving up pick 26 for Crameri (whose walked out) is a tremendous deal. I mean a truly fantastic deal the likes you've never seen before. You going to be sick of this tremendous deal it's so good. It's the likes of which the world has never seen. Believe me.

It would be nice to have a hard edge to our trading, especially when Stringer is under contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    And Trengove :-)
    Yep. Maybe another free agent too. And then I'd allow Campbell to move (if he wanted) on for any little bit extra we could get.

Post Thanks / Like

I've looked into the Richmond scenario, they won't necessarily need the points given Naish isn't likely to go top 10.
    They can get him with one of their picks and use the other for a needs based player.

Where they might change their mind is if they are confident Naish lasts much later and there is someone at 11 they like their chances of getting.

Post Thanks / Like

I've looked into the Richmond scenario, they won't necessarily need the points given Naish isn't likely to go top 10.
    They can get him with one of their picks and use the other for a needs based player.

Where they might change their mind is if they are confident Naish lasts much later and there is someone at 11 they like their chances of getting.
    I think my issue with 11 straight is that it's low. I will still sleep at night, and understand Stringer has brought his own value down. Pick 11 doesn't excite me. If we can turn it into something better that's great, even if it's aggressively increasing our picks one way or another.