Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 41 of 179 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191141 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

That’s going to make it difficult to get something decent for him. I agree maybe we hold onto him and this will be enough to get him back on track if he wants and gets the help he requires .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Well, this should end well. I wonder what Paul Connors is doing right now.
    Trying to arrange a mediation with Jake & Bevo, players.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant timing.

Disappointing to read, rings true with a lot of the rumours that have been floating around. Hope Jake's getting some help.

Does the Club need to issue a statement regarding this? If so, will that statement potentially be us flagging whether he stays or goes definitively, and if it's he goes, what impact does that have on our bargaining position? Going to be an interesting week in the lead up to the trade period.

Post Thanks / Like

These are actually known issues, any club interested in him would have done the homework.

It's probably a good thing that it's come out in the open and hopefully he will get some assistance with this.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

This either gets a lot better for Jake or a lot worse from here on in. He either faces up to his actions or he continues on a path to oblivion.

I'm not even talking about it from a football perspective, but a life one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    These are actually known issues, any club interested in him would have done the homework.

It's probably a good thing that it's come out in the open and hopefully he will get some assistance with this.
    As you say this would have been fairly known to prospective clubs. If anything though it emboldens them to low ball the club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    As you say this would have been fairly known to prospective clubs. If anything though it emboldens them to low ball the club
    If he mans up to this then I think it strengthens the chance he stays which isn't a bad outcome. He's clearly not handling the trappings of success and hopefully his manager will see that staying with us could be the best thing for him. We might have lost patience with him but we will look after Jake if he steps up and takes responsibility. Paul Connors has a huge role to play here.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Makes his press conference last week stink even more. Saying he has no idea what the issues were etc etc.

It's a shame we couldn't help him with his gambling but as Abby says you have to want help. I truly hope that he sorts it out and perhaps this will be the wake up call he needed... although if losing his partner and kids wasn't enough then I'm not sure.

As for the cheating, I no longer have respect for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Makes his press conference last week stink even more. Saying he has no idea what the issues were etc etc.

It's a shame we couldn't help him with his gambling but as Abby says you have to want help. I truly hope that he sorts it out and perhaps this will be the wake up call he needed... although if losing his partner and kids wasn't enough then I'm not sure.

As for the cheating, I no longer have respect for him.
    I was told about his gambling and other issues early this year. The club appointed a therapist but Jake kept missing sessions and was in total denial. Senior people were called in including David Smorgon to talk to him, but Jake just ignored the lot. The guy has been out of control and gambling and sex is just part of it.

I would doubt anyone would want him now, or they will try it on and offer up a second or third rounder.

Maybe this article is the kick up the backside for him to admit he needs help.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Did i read correctly a 17 year olds parents gave their blessing to jakes affair?

11. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Who enables their 17 year old to sleep with a 23 year old footballer who has a young family?

Pretty trashy stuff from Jake. He needs to start listening to people and pull his life together.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

13. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure the players would want him to stay. Don't think there would be too much respect there. A change could be good for him and hopefully get himself sorted. Certainly now makes sense as to why no clubs want him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I was told about his gambling and other issues early this year. The club appointed a therapist but Jake kept missing sessions and was in total denial. Senior people were called in including David Smorgon to talk to him, but Jake just ignored the lot. The guy has been out of control and gambling and sex is just part of it.

I would doubt anyone would want him now, or they will try it on and offer up a second or third rounder.

Maybe this article is the kick up the backside for him to admit he needs help.
    With my tiny shreds of life experience I've clocked up this life time, I think the best thing for him is to stay. And do all the necessary things with his manager to facilitate him being able to stay. Running elsewhere is less likely to succeed I imagine.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Who enables their 17 year old to sleep with a 23 year old footballer who has a young family?

Pretty trashy stuff from Jake. He needs to start listening to people and pull his life together.
    And then gives the 17yo Abby's phone number to text photos. This thing has so many layers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    And then gives the 17yo Abby's phone number to text photos. This thing has so many layers.
    With social media today, if you want to send something to some one, there is always a way.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.