Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 42 of 179 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I wonder what Paul Connors is doing right now.
    Working harder than he has ever had to for his commission.

Staying with us would have to be in play now. But to be honest if Stringer is not prepared to look in the mirror and accept his need to change his lifestyle, I don't want him anywhere near our club moving forward.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I don't think I even want Stringer to stay after reading that. He is (could be) an amazing footballer but he's a pretty shit bloke. I know no one is perfect but he seems to be un remorseful.
    I wonder if other clubs know the extent of his problems. And I wonder if he was upfront with them in his meetings with suitors. We'll soon find out I suppose if they retract their interest in him.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

BORDERLINE FLYING

4. Thanks bulldogtragic, jeemak, anfo27 thanked for this post
    Likes Topdog, boydogs, ratsmac, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know what the AFLPA rules are about banishing players until they redeem themselves?

That is, if we keep him, if, if, if, can we tell him he needs to earn trust but from a distance and if he passes tests we may allow him inside the WO late January or early February. If it's OK to banish him for 3-4 months.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

OK, if that article is mostly true then Jake is really bad and Abbey has been really hard done by.

But I query the timing of it? Surely the smart play for her is let him get the best contract he can, then publish the article and get as much maintenance as she can out of him.

Doing it now is a bit odd and not very smart. What were her motives?

Blind revenge? Some advantage for her and her exposure?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Damian Barrett says its Shocktober 2: we've now lost our CEO, captain, former captain and now this on our AA gun premiership player.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    OK, if that article is mostly true then Jake is really bad and Abbey has been really hard done by.

But I query the timing of it? Surely the smart play for her is let him get the best contract he can, then publish the article and get as much maintenance as she can out of him.

The HS - known for their spotless journalistic ethics - might've made a 'donation' to her workshops.

If so, that's not at all a bad thing of course, but suspect they've paid in some fashion for a story they know has LOTSA traction.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Damian Barrett says its Shocktober 2: we've now lost our CEO, captain, former captain and now this on our AA gun premiership player.
    Barrett is desperately trying to work out how to banish his article comparing Dusty to Stringer from the entire internet and pretend he never wrote it.

He's spent the last few weeks taking pot shots at Bevo's hard line stance. I look forward to him once again having to swallow a giant serving of humble pie.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Barrett is desperately trying to work out how to banish his article comparing Dusty to Stringer from the entire internet and pretend he never wrote it.

He's spent the last few weeks taking pot shots at Bevo's hard line stance. I look forward to him once again having to swallow a giant serving of humble pie.
    Woofers ready to call trade radio when he's on air?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    The HS - known for their spotless journalistic ethics - might've made a 'donation' to her workshops.

If so, that's not at all a bad thing of course, but suspect they've paid in some fashion for a story they know has LOTSA traction.
    The simple fact is it is true, I don't care about her motives. If I knew about it at the start of the year, then others would have as well
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post

She'll get looked after, no doubt. I'm not sure she is all that smart - I follow her on Instagram. But the things she has said are indefensible.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Woofers ready to call trade radio when he's on air?
    I'm blocked on Twitter so I've tweeted his good mate Hutchy and asked if he thinks Damo is looking forward to his humble pie! Someone should definitely call him up on trade radio.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm blocked on Twitter so I've tweeted his good mate Hutchy and asked if he thinks Damo is looking forward to his humble pie! Everyone should definitely call him up on trade radio.
    Monday 3 October - After 3pm - 1300 23 55 48

Post Thanks / Like

Monday 3 October - After 3pm - 1300 23 55 48
    This is a double whammy for Damo. His numerous pot shots at Bevo ove the past few weeks now look laughable AND he's missed out on breaking a significant off field footy story. Must sting the so called best news breaker in the game.

17. Likes Sedat, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a double whammy for Damo. His numerous pot shots at Bevo ove the past few weeks now look laughable AND he's missed out on breaking a significant off field footy story. Must sting the so called best news breaker in the game.
    And his producers can't block all the callers with interesting questions, like he blocks on Twitter.

Oh no.