Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 45 of 179 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

Connors will be earning his money now, or can a manager sack his client.
    Be interesting to see the angle his manager takes now. How do you sell him or do you give up or do you try and patch things up.
    Whatever the outcome I imagine even Connors would have had a few long chats to stringer about his behaviour as well.
    Stringer is now at the crossroads of a football career or into the sad sad oblivion of a gambling and sex addict.
    Shows you what being a big fish in a small pond as a kid can do when you move up to the professional big times.
    Makes you wonder about his parents and family they must have been blind to it all although I imagine Abbey would have had conversations with them.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Could be career over.

No team will take him given the push into AFLW. We can't have him back.

He'll sit the year out and never play AFL again.

I was gutted when I heard he was on the trade table. Now I know why, I don't want him at the club. A-grade sh1t bloke.

3. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if there has been an open offer from the HS to publish her story whenever she wanted, but she's held back for whatever reason until now. Could have been Stringer's pitiful woe is me act last week, could have been an argument between the 2, could be new love interests have entered the mix and caused emotional chaos. We'll likely never know but something has lit the fuse and the bomb has gone off in Jake's face.
    Abby does have a new boyfriend, so that may have triggered some arguments.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Could be career over.

No team will take him given the push into AFLW. We can't have him back.

He'll sit the year out and never play AFL again.

I was gutted when I heard he was on the trade table. Now I know why, I don't want him at the club. A-grade sh1t bloke.
    We can have him back....eventually and only on our terms. We can have him back but only if handled in the correct way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Not sure if it's been discussed as yet but Jake's ex has also taken fair aim at 'senior levels' of the Club for their inaction on a known matter with Jake. This is quite a condemnation and whether this claim is correct or not, the Club will be obliged to respond to this particular accusation given the strong stance that the Club has taken with 'respect of women', it being a torch bearer for community and broader social issues, and leading the way with the AFLW movement.

It will interesting to hear how we navigate and respond to this. Staying quiet now doesn't really seem a wise option.

This has got a whole lot messier.
    I suppose the question is what level of responsibility the club has to manage Jakes personal life. Assuming what Bornadog has said is true (I'm inclined to trust him on this) they've done a fair bit to try and help him and let him know he has a problem so what else can an employer do?

If his team mates also let him know they weren't happy with what he was doing you're really at the limit of feasible options to help him and by extension Abby

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I generally hate the idea of people's lives being led publicly as some sort of nobility cause or whatever, but this is pretty messed up.

The bit about the "die hard" parents of the 17-year-old is just...man. Words can't even describe how sickening that is.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

9. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I generally hate the idea of people's lives being led publicly as some sort of nobility cause or whatever, but this is pretty messed up.

The bit about the "die hard" parents of the 17-year-old is just...man. Words can't even describe how sickening that is.
    It's baseline stuff isn't it, what hope is there?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Abby does have a new boyfriend, so that may have triggered some arguments.
    He may of been about to introduce his girls to his new girlfriend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    He may of been about to introduce his girls to his new girlfriend.
    A new father figure could upset him.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely. But that's one of the risks you take surely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    Absolutely. But that's one of the risks you take surely.
    I can imagine it could still hurt watching your kids with someone else.

Post Thanks / Like

A new father figure could upset him.
    That's not his concern, nor would it be her concern if Stringer had a new partner. Will never understand those couples that separate and then have the arrogance and audacity to assume ownership and influence over their ex.partner's private life.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    That's not his concern, nor would it be her concern if Stringer had a new partner. Will never understand those couples that separate and then have the arrogance and audacity to assume ownership and influence over their ex.partner's private life.
    Yeah agree, but it happens, and they are young 23 year olds.

We are just trying to work out if they had an argument of some sort and she decided to tell all. Couldn't think of any other reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    It absolutely happens especially when there are big egos involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah agree, but it happens, and they are young 23 year olds.

We are just trying to work out if they had an argument of some sort and she decided to tell all. Couldn't think of any other reason.
    Maybe she, like Bevo, got sick of his shit and decided to stop protecting him.

I know I would.